Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters 3?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    But GB3 aside, Murray has been pretty rude to fans of GB throughout the years. Many different smaller projects have tried to get off the ground including NECA figures that would've been awesome, but in most of these cases Murray would squash it. I've also heard that if you politely approach him for a GB autograph and not one of his newer artsy-fartsy films, he get's agitated.
    That would be like GAR dissing people wanting to talk about the trilogy.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Ghostbusters 2 = 'Teh suck'!
    *gasp*

It's not teh suck! It's just not quite teh shiz like the first one was

I'd like it if the third was as good as the first two, but have a horrible feeling it might end up in kind of Terminator 3 syndrome, i.e. better left as it was.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Terminator 3 did absolutly nothing for the series. I could swear that i was watching the second one only with a chick as the bad guy.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Now T3 ... THAT was "teh suck".

GB2 rocked, sure GB1 is better - but GB1 is so freaking awesome that its impossible to out-do it. GB2 was kick ass in its own right, and was a nice follow up story wise, had some great set pieces and was generally a hell of a lot of fun!

Not that they're in the same league, but it's like Short Circuit 2 - not as good as SC1, but how can you not love it? And indeed, how can you not well up when J5 gets the battery acid beaten out of him, and how can you not cheer when he 'punks up' and kicks arse in revenge?

I say leave GB3 as the soon-coming game, that notion works for a game, but I wouldn't wanna see a movie where it's not specifically about those four guys ... plus they're all chubby and thinning on top now, they're not in the same heyday anymore. It's best left alone ... this ain't Rambo you know, Rambo was awesome.

Super Moderator

United States
    So they packed up their group, got a grip, came equipped
    Grabbed their proton packs off their back and they split
    Found about Vigo, the master of evil
    Tryin' to battle my boys? That's not legal!

Oh Eee Oh. Oh Eee Oh.

Yuh, yuh, yuh, yuh know it!

Oh Eee oh. Owww!

Why do I remember this crap!?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Terminator 3 did absolutly nothing for the series. I could swear that i was watching the second one only with a chick as the bad guy.
    Thats what I thought too.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The only scene in GB 2 that really feels like GB1 to me is the whole courtroom scene. The comedy in that scene matches the original, imo.

"Your Honor, ladies and gentleman of the audience, I don't think it's fair to call my clients frauds. Sure, the blackout was a big problem for everybody. I was trapped in an elevator for two hours and I had to make the whole time. But I don't blame them. Because one time, I turned into a dog and they helped me. Thank you."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    The only scene in GB 2 that really feels like GB1 to me is the whole courtroom scene. The comedy in that scene matches the original, imo.

"Your Honor, ladies and gentleman of the audience, I don't think it's fair to call my clients frauds. Sure, the blackout was a big problem for everybody. I was trapped in an elevator for two hours and I had to make the whole time. But I don't blame them. Because one time, I turned into a dog and they helped me. Thank you."
    That IS classic. Perhaps more moments like that would have elevated the film to the level of the original.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ghostbusters II was the first film I ever saw in a theatre. It's one of my most vivid memories from being that young. I can still remember how hot and sunny it was that day and my Mom taking me into the lobby where you purchase your ticket. I asked her where we were and she pointed to the GBII poster on the wall. I remember the overwhelming joy that cam over me.

Too hot to handle, too cold to hold, you call the Ghostbusters and they're in control!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Ghostbusters II was the first film I ever saw in a theatre. It's one of my most vivid memories from being that young. I can still remember how hot and sunny it was that day and my Mom taking me into the lobby where you purchase your ticket. I asked her where we were and she pointed to the GBII poster on the wall. I remember the overwhelming joy that cam over me.

Too hot to handle, too cold to hold, you call the Ghostbusters and they're in control!
    It's almost the same with me, man. I don't know if it was my FIRST film in theaters, but it's the first one I remember. I was so excited I could barely contain myself. I remember leaving the theater humming the music comiplation from the end credits and dancing.

Yes, I remembered the music from the credits on the first viewing. I'm that pathetic.
    Last edited by bassman; 05-Sep-2008 at 05:28 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    You're not pathetic, bassman ... I dug the choons too.

I don't know what my first trip to the cinema was for, but one of the first films I remember seeing in the cinema was Back to the Future 3!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The first one i remember seeing was The Return of the Jedi. I thought the ewoks were chewy's kids or somethin'.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    You're not pathetic, bassman ... I dug the choons too.

I don't know what my first trip to the cinema was for, but one of the first films I remember seeing in the cinema was Back to the Future 3!
    BTTF 3 was the first I remember! Apparently my first theater experience was BTTF 2, but I have absolutely no recollection of it. Actually, I remember watching the hell out of my VHS of the first. Somehow my parents got the cardboard stand-up they had for Part 3 from the theater, unfortunately they trusted my brother with it and it is no longer. Shame really...

Super Moderator

United States
    Hrm...I remember when they had a local re-showing of Star Wars prior to when Empire came out. I remember seing all the Star Wars films, as well as Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, E.T. (I cried) and Indiana Jones.

I remember where and when I saw a lot of these films, which is very cool to reminisce about, as well. For example, I recall seeing Ghostbusters on an overcast day, at some cinema I've not been to since, up in Hyannis, Ma, out on Cape Cod. My grandmother was sick at the time and we were visiting her in the hospital and that movie was a great break from all the depressing junk going on then.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    All this was Back in the day when truly great films made going to the movies an event, a great experience. The lack of quality of today's movies have turned the experience into merely a time killer.