Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Zone of the Dead' - with Ken Foree

United States
    Trailer up on this one now...Ken Foree kicking zombie ass all over again...

^ Link fixed by your friendly neighbourhood webmaster!

Administrator

England
    God, bad lighting makes a film look bad! Super bright off camera lights, with smoke machines

Anyway, fingers crossed for it!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    forgive this little digression but talk of ken foree has reminded me of this:
    did anyone see "black santa's revenge?" the shot like a 70s blaxploitation flick where ken plays a down on his luck santa who gets robbed after which he goes on a shotgun fueled revenge spree. it had one of the best and cheesiest taglines ever: "merry christmas, you naughty motherfuckers!"

anyone?
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I don't see anything particularly wrong with this, in fact it looks like really good trashy fun. I doubt Ken would have signed up for it if it was really terrible. I do think, however, that it would have been better for the Serbian characters to speak in subtitled Serbian rather than struggle with phonetic English.

Also, Eastern Europeans don't look American, Americans look Eastern European.
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 27-Feb-2009 at 09:23 AM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    forgive this little digression but talk of ken foree has reminded me of this:
    did anyone see "black santa's revenge?" the shot like a 70s blaxploitation flick where ken plays a down on his luck santa who gets robbed after which he goes on a shotgun fueled revenge spree. it had one of the best and cheesiest taglines ever: "merry christmas, you naughty motherfuckers!"

anyone?
    Nope. I assuming he doesn't actually SAY the tag line does he? If so, that's SOLID GOLD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    I don't see anything particularly wrong with this, in fact it looks like really good trashy fun. I doubt Ken would have signed up for it if it was really terrible.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    God, bad lighting makes a film look bad! Super bright off camera lights, with smoke machines

Anyway, fingers crossed for it!
    Huh...didn't really notice it 'till you pointed it out...thanks Neil! Still doesn't look bad though (ok, bad in a good way...)
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 27-Feb-2009 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    It's a zombie movie of course I will watch it if I get a chance too!!lol
    It doesn't look too bad.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Nope. I assuming he doesn't actually SAY the tag line does he? If so, that's SOLID GOLD!!!
    yeah, he does. here is a really short trailer. he says the line at the very end.

Last edited by Mike70; 28-Feb-2009 at 02:32 AM.

ViP

United States
    Wow, that Zone trailer actually looks pretty good. I may have to give our economy a boost and go impulse buy the DVD.

I'd like to see Black Santa's Revenge, too. Is it an actual movie or is the trailer all there is to it?

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    I'd like to see Black Santa's Revenge, too. Is it an actual movie or is the trailer all there is to it?
    It's a 20-minute long short film. I think it was shown at a few festivals and there might have been a minor DVD release.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    eric, here is a link to the myspace page for black santa's revenge. the guy who made it is offering it as a digital download for $3.99. i haven't downloaded it but am seriously considering it. $4 is a small enough amount money that even if it sucks turds, i won't feel too bad.

http://www.myspace.com/blacksantamovie

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    eric, here is a link to the myspace page for black santa's revenge. the guy who made it is offering it as a digital download for $3.99. i haven't downloaded it but am seriously considering it. $4 is a small enough amount money that even if it sucks turds, i won't feel too bad.

http://www.myspace.com/blacksantamovie
    Made.Of.Awesome. Too bad he didn't make it a feature!

Super Moderator

United States
    Well, the trailer looked better than I would have thought. It certainly made me think the film might not be that bad...might even be fun.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    The makeup looks a bit meh! http://iconsoffright.com/news/2008/0..._dead_zom.html

And the moment I see such obvious contacts I really go MEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    Agreed...I've seen a few dead bodies in my time and none of them look like this.

Regarding the trailer, this looks a bit iffy. It certainly doesn't look as scary as "Day of the Dead".

Also...did I see a zombie letting out a roar?
    Last edited by shootemindehead; 02-Mar-2009 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Agreed...I've seen a few dead bodies in my time and none of them look like this.
    Mobile?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Much love and support to Ken, so I will have to watch it. The rest of it does not blow me away at first glance let's pray for heavy digital editing.