View Poll Results: Which Installment do you think had the scariest zombies?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Night of The Living Dead

13 33.33%
  • Dawn of the Dead

2 5.13%
  • Day of the Dead

23 58.97%
  • Land of the Dead

1 2.56%
  • Diary of the Dead

0 0%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Scariest Zombies?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Days Zombies. There's not even a close second. GAR even said he didn't consider dawn to be scary but likened the film to a " wild roller coaster ride ".
    Last edited by darth los; 15-Sep-2008 at 04:14 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Dying

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by lullubelle View Post
    Original Night zombies are the scariest because with some you dont notice till they are to close to know if they are zombies, so if you are not careful, you are dinner.
    Agreed.

United States
    In my opinion, the scariest zombies are Fulci's zombies hands down . Day had the scariest zombies in Romero's films.

Undisclosed
    Night has the ones that look most like the neighbors sort of situation and that is what I find creepy the most. I think Dawn did well with that too but went a bit different direction that took away from that feel.

I think Days zombies were really creepy and great looking, but I just found them to not be as realistic, IMO. Although when I first watched it I was not really taking into account the fact that they had been through more ware and tare since it occured at least (depending on who you talk to and the day of the week) up to a year after the dead rising. I think they are great looking though, but they did not have the lingering creepiness to me.

United States
    I gotta join the herd on this one. Day has the best and scariest zombies of all time. No doubt. Followed by Night. The OZ (original zombie).
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    NONE OF THE ABOVE.

The scariest zombies were from Nights of Terror (Burial Ground).

BUT as far as Romero zombies are concerned, the zombies in NOTLD were the scariest, especially the Cooper's daughter.
    Last edited by Dillinger; 16-Sep-2008 at 03:27 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    She might definitely be the creepiest but not the scariest. On that note the girl who played her in the remake was much better.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    I would have to say Day for me, although Night isn't that far behind.
    The makeup in Day made the zombies look more realistic while in Night,
    since it was a black and white film, the zombies just looked creepy.
    When you see Night in the colourized version they just don't seem
    so scary anymore

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    I would have to say Day for me, although Night isn't that far behind.
    The makeup in Day made the zombies look more realistic while in Night,
    since it was a black and white film, the zombies just looked creepy.
    When you see Night in the colourized version they just don't seem
    so scary anymore
    Perhaps the black and white enhanced their "deadness" by making them more pale. Or... Maybe it's the fact that they can jog after you that pushes them over the top !!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Perhaps the black and white enhanced their "deadness" by making them more pale. Or... Maybe it's the fact that they can jog after you that pushes them over the top !!
    Or the fact that in the colorized version they are green.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Or the fact that in the colorized version they are green.
    That's what detracted from Dawn's zombies, imo. The make up sorta looks like some kind of halloween cover up you use on kids to make them look like dracula. In only a couple of instances such as the airport zombie was more than a token effort given to make them look menacing.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
    NONE OF THE ABOVE.

The scariest zombies were from Nights of Terror (Burial Ground).

BUT as far as Romero zombies are concerned, the zombies in NOTLD were the scariest, especially the Cooper's daughter.
    I totally agree with you. Burial Ground's zombies are great.

United States
    Seriously?

Ok then. . . to each his own.

But I will admit. . .this dude was scary as hell!!!

"When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    This Is the scariest zombie In my opinion.

If I have to pick from the GAR series I would go with
    Dawn.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by horrormad93 View Post
    This Is the scariest zombie In my opinion.

If I have to pick from the GAR series I would go with
    Dawn.
    You see, to me, Fulci zombies aren't that scary compared to (most) GAR zeds, because they lack that humanity. I like that stark, mirror-like reflection that GAR's zombies have. Now, some can get pretty inhuman looking, but for the most part there is an animus at work when you look at them and, most importantly, when they look back at you.

Granted, I have very limited experience with Fulci zombies...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany