• Land - Big Daddy

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Gar Zombie

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    I voted Bub he was great, but my all time favorite zombie,
    was Stephen, even though he was only a zombie for a few minutes.
    His walk was great and the way he knew enough to bust the wall
    and go up stairs in my first time veiwing was just creepy
    When they did the commentery on the Ultimate edition he said that he stressed out the entire night before thinking about how he could be his own unique zombie.

Zombies are fascinating. The are all unique in their own way. When you watch a group of about 50 of them they all seem to have their own unique walk and personality. It's interesting to watch.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Some actors really put a lot of thought and effort into making their character their own. Anyone can walk stiff-legged and jerky, but take Stephen, for example... I like how he walked after he turned - his foot was all twisted, and the way the gun kind of just hung from his finger...Cool. It's those little details that really make a difference and make certain ones stand out of the generic, run-of-the-mill zombies.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnGirl27 View Post
    Some actors really put a lot of thought and effort into making their character their own. Anyone can walk stiff-legged and jerky, but take Stephen, for example... I like how he walked after he turned - his foot was all twisted, and the way the gun kind of just hung from his finger...Cool. It's those little details that really make a difference and make certain ones stand out of the generic, run-of-the-mill zombies.
    Very true. I always was queesy about watching him walk on that ankle. He said that countless fans have asked him if it hurt or not, he replied not at all. how that can be i'll never know.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Very true. I always was queesy about watching him walk on that ankle. He said that countless fans have asked him if it hurt or not, he replied not at all. how that can be i'll never know.

Being the nerdy fan that I am....I've tried his walk and done it several times. Doesn't hurt me either.

I love flyboy zombie, but if you want to talk about an actor creating a good zombie character.....look towards Howard Sherman.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post

I think it's completely amazing how he was able to walk on his foot like that.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Being the nerdy fan that I am....I've tried his walk and done it several times. Doesn't hurt me either.

I love flyboy zombie, but if you want to talk about an actor creating a good zombie character.....look towards Howard Sherman.
    I guess it's because i used to play alot of basketball and had ankle problems. I was constantly turning them so i don't do that very much anymore. All i know is that hurt like heck when it happened to me and to see him put most of his body weight on it was crazy.

Undisclosed

well.......

Bub has my vote, made you think what if an outbreak like that happen could you domesticate them and could you trust such creature anyway, the thought of this creature turning on you on any given minute that makes for a pretty scary zombie.
    It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Dr tounge was cool and scary.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by horrormad93 View Post
    Dr tounge was cool and scary.
    Yeah,Dr tounge was a great zombie,but he wasn't the best zombie ever.He needed to be a Day longer then he was.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post
    I think it's completely amazing how he was able to walk on his foot like that.
    That walk did give him real zombie credibility, excellent to watch, very convincing.

That said, I voted for Bub...he rocks!

Edit: I wonder if the reason that Bub is so popular is because he is the only zombie we ever really "get to know" in a small way?
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    I wonder if the reason that Bub is so popular is because he is the only zombie we ever really "get to know" in a small way?
    Yeah,Bub is the only zombie who is treated like a real character.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    I wonder if the reason that Bub is so popular is because he is the only zombie we ever really "get to know" in a small way?
    Probably. Romero touched on something special with Bub. We had seen smaller, yet similar connections in his zombies before, but Bub was his ultimate conection. For the people that didn't understand before, Bub was the bottom line. The one that HAD to relate...

Too bad some people still don't get it...

capncnut
    I'm not sure who to vote for here because the two I like are not on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I went with Airport Zombie, and by Airport I mean Helicopter Zombie Jim Krut. I chose him for two reasons... A. his melon was cut off by a Helicopters blades, and B. he is in my film.
    That's the airport zombie I like the most but I'm pretty sure it's 'Plaid' that Darth intended for the list. I find that whole scene comical and think Krut is wickedly robotic. I also like 'Machete' as it's probably the coolest zombie death committed to film.

Those are my favourite two zombies from my favourite zombie film.

United States
    Sherman Howard also was amazing as an actor, as is evident by how long and successful a career he has had. So many of the "Dead" actors went on to have short lived careers if any at all. "Bub" was a great actor, and he certainly made it easy for me to connect with him, identify with him, and sympathize with him.

I watchedDay last night, his actions and mannerisms were amazing.He was dead but not too jerky, he was aware but not too aware. Not even of what he himself was going to do. Just look at the scene where he grabbed Logan's arm as he went to adjust the headphones.

The drooling, the lip movement all of it. Just an amazing performance. I think all zombie actors should be asked to watch him.

I also liked Flyboy Zombie, he did an amazing job as well.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I'm not sure who to vote for here because the two I like are not on the list.

That's the airport zombie I like the most but I'm pretty sure it's 'Plaid' that Darth intended for the list. I find that whole scene comical and think Krut is wickedly robotic. I also like 'Machete' as it's probably the coolest zombie death committed to film.

Those are my favourite two zombies from my favourite zombie film.
    The "frankenstein zombie" is definitely a great one as well. Well i guess that's one for him. lol

I find it suprising that up until now no one has voted for hinzman. I mean, he's the first zombie we ever encounter which makes him memorable to say this least. You would think someone would vote for him based on his historical significanse alone. Oh well, better luck next time dude.

Also it would be interesting if i would have posed the question differently. For example who was the scariest/most disturbing zombie in the series and see what those responses would be.

Well, the question's now out there, let's have it....