Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pasta Hut

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    A while ago I ordered a meat feast at a rather late time from Pizza Slut and when it arrived, the whole 'topping' slid off the entire pizza, leaving a base with loads of rank butter sitting on top.
    For some reason the image of that cracks me up.
    If you thought that was funny, you should've seen my face when it happened. The poster of Home Alone springs to mind.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    who cares?, pizza hut is ****ing revolting, they plate drips in grease, like an amount which can actually be measured, not a sheen, but small pools of it, they use an amount of salt which can only be described as a "mound". and most importantly there food tastes like cheap crap. i prefer the less greasy, less salty, tastes fit for consumption dominoes pizza anyway.

hell the 99p pizzas form farm foods taste nicer than pizza huts.

-a rant i know, but i could have been smarmier and used a "pizza hut?, more like pizza'-crap! amirite!" type line, i decided against it.

agreed.

I remember phoning up for a pizza last year with my mate and this woman answered the phone and I swear she had the squeakiest voice I'd ever heard. Gary spoke to her for about 5 minutes but had to pass the phone over because he was pissing himself laughing...as soon as she spoke to me I couldn't help it, trying to stifle it but I was laughing so hard my stomach was hurting and tears were streaming down my face...I was trying really hard to read the credit card number to her but every time she repeated the numbers back to me I laughed even harder...it was insane...we almost thought she wouldn't send the pizzas to us because we might have been pranking her - but they arrived. Even she started laughing after a while on the phone with us, thankfully a more palatable laugh than her speaking voice...but goddamn that was so funny.
    Last edited by SymphonicX; 12-Oct-2008 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

UK
    The advert with the bouncing coloured balls going down a street is wicked! I love that advert! It's just for a television though, not being green...

As for Pizza Hut, can't remember the last time I went to one. I'm not sure if there's one near the cinema I go to ... what other brands of Pizza establishment are there? I'm not sure if it was one or not, had a pizza at whatever the place was anyway and it was quite nice - but I've no idea what brand it was.

I do remember going to a Pizza Hut in Manchester or somewhere like that once when I was about six years old and went to the bogs and there was a toilet that was CHOCK FULL of turds and sh*t water ... PROPER rank and I've never forgotten that.

Anyway - as for Pizza as take out, we used to use the nearby Dominos at Uni. LUSH alright, their meat feast was wicked-awesome. I do remember one night they didn't try very hard to knock on the door and we didn't get our order, so a housemate drunkenly had a fifteen minute rant with the manager and we got our food for free the next day. Caught the convo on camera, it was hilarious.

Administrator

England
    My parents used to take me to pizza hut when i was a kid, and i did always enjoy it.. not bad experiences or anything, but that was many years ago lol.. dominoes is miles better now anyway

Its just the shock that their actually changing it to 'pasta hut'.. i mean what the hell is that? whats next? Salad King?

Kentucky Roast Chicken?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Which one did you eat? I tried to Meaty Marinara. It was ok, but no Cavatini Supreme that's for sure. I am fortunate enough to have a pizza place over here that came from New Jersey ran by Italians. Best pizza I have had. And their pasta is great, too. The pizza is a New York style with big slices and the crust is light, flavorable, and not greasy.
    I've tried the bacon mac 'n cheese,and the creamy chicken alfredo and they were both awful.I haven't tried the meaty marinara yet.But if it's anything like the other two I've tried,then I'll pass.

Christmas Island
    Back in the 70s a person was hard pressed to find a Pizza Hut anywhere in NYC all the pizza stores were Italian. From my recollection you had to go out to the suburbs in Jersey or Long Island to find one of those Hut things. The one time I did try it, the pizza reminded me of supermarket frozen pizza and that's what it is basically. When I go out late to get beers, say 2 or 3 am, I usually see the Domino's tractor trailer parked in front of the joint around the corner from me delivering all the frozen ingredients for their slop. What gets me the most is how they handle extra cheese. Whenever I ask for it I never see it. With the Italian joints I see it. Domino's et. al. are like the McDonald's of pizza. Every ingredient is carefully measured and rationed to maximize profit as per the employee manual or training seminar. Pathetic.

England
    UK denizens should buy their take away pizza from here...

http://www.papajohns.co.uk/

Superb pizza's, you can order via phone or even online...most importantly, they make very tasty pizza's, I won't order from anywhere else.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Undisclosed
    Here's that place I was referring to earlier. Check the menu, too. Btw, the art work at the bottom of the page is what is painted on the side of the building. Notice the Twin Towers.

http://www.joespizzaconroe.com/index.html

Super Moderator

United States
    While I can't speak for the Brit Pizza Hut, I'll only say that I really enjoy the American Pizza Hut pizzas. They're not real pizzas and shouldn't be thought of as such, but I really do like them small personal pan pizzas and those frikkin' bread sticks

As far as this name change...it's bull ****

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous View Post
    What gets me the most is how they handle extra cheese. Whenever I ask for it I never see it. With the Italian joints I see it. Domino's et. al. are like the McDonald's of pizza. Every ingredient is carefully measured and rationed to maximize profit as per the employee manual or training seminar.
    Funny you should say this but the mom and pop place I go to (which do traditional Italian as well as popular) make pizzas where if you break a slice off, the cheese stretches until you're on the other side of the room before it snaps (OK, that was an exaggeration but you know what I'm getting at ).

Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    UK denizens should buy their take away pizza from here...

http://www.papajohns.co.uk/
    Yup, Papa John's most definitely rock!
    Last edited by capncnut; 12-Oct-2008 at 07:27 PM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I used to work at a pizza hut when I was a teenager. It's not healthy by any means....but I do enjoy it. Depending on how and who prepares it, if you know what I mean.

Pizza Huts around here have several different food businesses. Pizza Hut, Wing Street, and now this Tuscani Pizza thing....

Super Moderator

UK
    Ah mate yeah! Papa Johns! That was the other lot we ordered pizzas from at Uni, and yes - they were f*cking LUSH too!

hehe, that stretchy cheese business is great isn't it?