Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Insight into Hinzman moving fast in Night

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Could be the feeding on warm flesh thing.
    Thank the Lord I'm cold-blooded.....! I'll be part of an advance scout team - they'll never even know I'm there.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnGirl27 View Post
    Thank the Lord I'm cold-blooded.....! .
    And that differentiates you from other women how? j/k

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Good one; I can appreciate that. Let it be said, however, that I am unlike the stereotypical women who ride the emotional rollercoaster through life and make men wince. I am the laid back type, that gets along better with the guys (or females like me who are pretty mellow).
    So give it - I can take it (and give it back)...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Don't get me wrong....Memories change and theirs could be blurry, but what other facts would we as fans have? Yeah, you talked to one member of the crew, but who's to say that he's correct and the only one thats correct?
    Fans can be pretty resourceful - You'd be surprised what some can have.
    It just depends how much time one devotes to research.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by NOTLDC5 View Post
    Fans can be pretty resourceful - You'd be surprised what some can have.
    It just depends how much time one devotes to research.
    I think that he was referring to their memories. And as a law student i can testify to the fact that eyewitness testimony is notoriously the most unreliable.

If we sat and listened to savini and GAR reminisce about the dawn shoot we'd be lucky if a fraction of it was accurate. Jeez, have you ever seen the ultimate edition commentary with them and chris/ They struggle to remember details that we could come up with in a split second.

I'll take bassman's word over theirs any day.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Good one; I can appreciate that. Let it be said, however, that I am unlike the stereotypical women who ride the emotional rollercoaster through life and make men wince. I am the laid back type, that gets along better with the guys (or females like me who are pretty mellow).
    So give it - I can take it (and give it back)...
    You know, every girl I know says this.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    You know, every girl I know says this.
    dude that's hilarious and true. It seems as if no woman sees themself that way.

But i believe dawngirl is an honorable woman so i'll take her word for it.

But as for hinzman in night, it could be said that GAR is the father of the runner and shambler genres.

United States
    But as for hinzman in night, it could be said that GAR is the father of the runner and shambler genres.
    Well, Romero is more the father of the shambler and light jogging genres. LMAO!

United States
    dude that's hilarious and true. It seems as if no woman sees themself that way.

But i believe dawngirl is an honorable woman so i'll take her word for it.
    I know a lot of girls say they are; those are the ones who talk big and can't carry it off, and give the rest of us a bad name with you guys...

And to darth - thanks.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    Well, Romero is more the father of the shambler and light jogging genres. LMAO!
    Ah, the fun-runner zombies...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    He said that GAR said something to the effect of "**** it, it will be cool!"
    Such a double edged sword.

On the one hand we ended up with the best trio of zombie movies ever largely due to that fun-loving, risk-taking attitude.

On the other hand it's also how we ended up with underwater-walking, angst-ridden, zombies.

@DawnGirl27 - I believe you. I have a wonderful wife who rarely has mood swings and is easy to hang out with. You can't blame these guys for their opinions though. A lot of guys who aren't very good with women only tend to see the bad ones.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Now what strikes me is how the zombies got more powerful in Day compared to Dawn....case in point: fireman zombie that gets stuck in the pen in Day, goes bloody mental and starts smashing himself about inside it before Steele hooks him....can you see a Dawn zombie doing that? Nope...much slower....
    I always put the listlessness of Dawn's mall zombies, compared to Day zombies or even the apartment block zombies at the start of the Dawn, down to the "memerizing" effect of the bright lights, colours, advertising, etc. of the mall. It sort of fits with what Romero was trying to say with regards to the dehumanising effect of consumerism. Kinda like the sky-flowers in Land of the Dead.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    I always put the listlessness of Dawn's mall zombies, compared to Day zombies or even the apartment block zombies at the start of the Dawn, down to the "memerizing" effect of the bright lights, colours, advertising, etc. of the mall. It sort of fits with what Romero was trying to say with regards to the dehumanising effect of consumerism. Kinda like the sky-flowers in Land of the Dead.
    Hmmm. That's an interesting concept. Never thought of that for Dawn, and could lend some credence to their slowness. That does seem to be a big part of what ticks Big Daddy off in Land when the sky flowers go off during the raiding party and the other zeds are zoned out. He gets the connection and is actually disgusted by how easily the others are distracted, and thus killed.
    So what eventually makes the zombies not care about the sky flowers anymore near the end of Land? Their "awakening" by Big Daddy's actions?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hmmm. That's an interesting concept. Never thought of that for Dawn, and could lend some credence to their slowness. That does seem to be a big part of what ticks Big Daddy off in Land when the sky flowers go off during the raiding party and the other zeds are zoned out. He gets the connection and is actually disgusted by how easily the others are distracted, and thus killed.
    So what eventually makes the zombies not care about the sky flowers anymore near the end of Land? Their "awakening" by Big Daddy's actions?
    That is a good point but as always isn't consistent with every scenario in the film. Look no further than the Hare Krishna zombie. There was food right in his face and he was perhaps the most listless zombie in the series. But i like the theory.

United States
    No, the script!