Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Brother Dead Set

England
    I swallowed my pride & watched it,and im glad i did!enjoyed that first part more than the entirety of land!i cant believe they got away with that level of violence as well,that fire extinguisher scene was frigging awful!im hoping those obnoxious housemates all get eaten though

Undisclosed
    not exactly what I meant, but thanks. I really do need to get a non-coded dvd player anyways. .so what the hell. maybe I will pick this up eventually.
    Sorry dude, it was late over here when I posted that. I'm sure it will become available online in some capacity, legally or illegally. I'm not sure if Channel 4 has their site restricted to UK viewers only but if you can get 4 On Demand here - http://www.channel4.com/4od/index.html then you will be able to watch it.

The reason I linked the website in my last post is because I remember how long it took Spaced to hit US shores, but thanks to the wonder of high speed broadband you probably wont have to wait long.

Super Moderator

UK
    Although I don't agree with you about Land, Sir Tricky, I do agree that Dead Set was wicked-cool.

Now, I don't dig this whole 'fast zombie' thing, it can work - as in Deadlands - and it does work here in Dead Set.

Although it's painfully obvious there's a HUGE amount of debt being paid to 28 Days Later, even though that film only had infected living, anyway...

Zombie Davina - bloody great, her death scene against that bloody wall was great, she did a spiffing job of dying on screen, especially when she slid down - her body was all splayed out in a very un-natural manner and her death-slide was very convincing ... plus it was just funny as fook to see a zombie Davina.

Yes - the gore - excellent stuff, and I too was quite amazed they got away with so much (ahem, fire extinguisher) on TV - I mean yes this is the UK, and we get away with far more on our TV than you chaps in America do, but still ... damn!

At times the crazy-tastic-camera shaking all over during zombie attacks did get a bit much, as did the relentlessly dark and dull visuals, and constantly shifting focus ... but only from time to time. I did feel the dark comedy of it all was a bit lost from time to time too, but all those quibbles are just that, mere quibbles.

I would prefer shamblers though, but the runners do work in Dead Set ... although I really wish somebody other than Romero would concentrate on shamblers, because it's really only the indie scene - and Shaun of the Dead - keeping that alive...or undead, rather.

All-in-all, top stuff.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I so wanna see this.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

England
    Saw it last night and loved it!

Glad I pre-ordered the dvd!

Now for tonight's episode...
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"

England
    Cheeky.

Torrent name removed, as per Rules & FAQ.

MZ
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 29-Oct-2008 at 11:01 AM.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Awesome. . thanks
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    I wish I could watch this show,It looks great.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Wow.. what an awesome episode. I can't wait for part 2. Time to preorder this baby.

United States
    Well now. . . pretty darn cool. I liked it quite a bit. I just cant stand that Tool video "shake the camera" bull****. Other than that. . pretty awesome!!

Just to be clear. . this was on a regular network chanel for you guys? Damn!! You guys make us look like we our country was founded by a bunch of Puritans or something. . .oh . .wait. . nevermind.
    Last edited by clanglee; 29-Oct-2008 at 10:11 AM.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

UK
    Had to remove the torrent name chaps, I'm sure if you're that way inclined you'll be able to find it yourselves.

We can't have any info that either provides direct links or help in acquiring copyrighted material online to download (e.g. Torrents), because it is against vBulletin rules. If we allow such information to stay, we could lose the license and therefore the forum - and you chaps don't want that.

As for the show - clanglee - it's showing on E4, which can either be viewed on Sky (which is a monthly subscription satelite TV service that millions of people across the UK have), or via FreeView (which again, millions of people have access to) - FreeView is a one-time-payment little box (or nowadays it comes included within some televisions), and you get a series of channels for free, including E4.

So it's not a terrestrial channel (that anyone with a TV can get), but it's close and can potentially be viewed by millions of people. It's certainly a popular and successful channel, and is an extension of the Channel 4 brand (which is terrestrial). No doubt Dead Set will soon be shown on Channel 4 terrestrial for those who don't have Sky or VirginMedia or FreeView to watch.

But yeah, we show a lot more on our TV here in the UK than you American chaps do - be it on Sky or terrestrial. Heck, on Channel 4 recently there was "The Sex Education Programme" which had frequent 'cock & fanny' shots, as well as boobs - before the 9pm watershed ... some people had a whinge, but the majority didn't give a stuff and just watched it - very informative programme it was too.

England
    Sorry MZ thought it was just links that weren't allowed mate.
    I think if people wanted to see it enough they can find it anyway
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Undisclosed
    1.4 million people watched the pilot apparently. For a cable channel with that timeslot it's a great figure.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by GingeUK View Post
    1.4 million people watched the pilot apparently. For a cable channel with that timeslot it's a great figure.
    Wonder how the DVD will do.

I certainly encourage the Americans in our midst to get off their arses and get a region free player and order up the Region 2 DVD - us Brits have to order plenty of R1 discs, so you chaps over there should pull a finger out for a change.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Wonder how the DVD will do.

I certainly encourage the Americans in our midst to get off their arses and get a region free player and order up the Region 2 DVD - us Brits have to order plenty of R1 discs, so you chaps over there should pull a finger out for a change.
    I think they should also take note of the "real" atmosphere & gritty looking special effects from our side of the pond too,things like this (& 28 days later,Life on mars,dead mans shoes etc) have a far better look & feel to them than lost,heroes etc