Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zombie Flesh Eaters

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by fulci fan View Post
    Hell of the Living Dead is as close as it gets and that film only copied the swat team and music.

Zombi 2 is better than Dawn I think.
    Dude, I can dig that you are a fan of fulci - I think Fulci rocks too - and you can have the opinion that Zombie2 is better thand Dawn, but you are very wrong about Hell of the Living Dead copying only the swat team and music.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Hell of the Living Dead copied more from other italo-flicks than from Dawn, once you get past the obvious that is (Swat team and music!).

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Yep that's the one MZ...I was at work & didn't have time to google up the image, etc. As for the cash in part...I've HEARD that the script had already been written (& production commenced?) shortly before the release of Dawn. Now as for the release...yeah...definitely riding Dawn's coattails. But a worth flick on it's own IMO.
    Well I was really meaning more of a "cash-in" in terms of the title - scenes as Dawn of the Dead was known as "Zombi" in Italy, here we have Fulci's flick coming out titled "Zombi 2", which couldn't be further from the truth...that's what I was meaning by cash-in.

Dying

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Hell of the Living Dead copied more from other italo-flicks than from Dawn, once you get past the obvious that is (Swat team and music!).
    Zombi 3 (co-directed by Fulci and Mattei) may hold the title for copying other zombie flicks. It steals from The Crazies, Dawn, Day and even Fulci's own Zombi 2....But that's the reason I love it!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by major jay View Post
    Zombi 3 (co-directed by Fulci and Mattei) may hold the title for copying other zombie flicks. It steals from The Crazies, Dawn, Day and even Fulci's own Zombi 2....But that's the reason I love it!
    You forget the most obvious, Return of the Living Dead...

What does it steal from Dawn?

Being Attacked

England
    I actually enjoyed ROTLD for the comic film it was meant to be and also the zed effects where great

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Just discovered this is playing at an art house theatre in my city on Monday, with an introduction by Ian McCulloch, no less (the star of Zombie Flesh Eaters, Contamination, Survivors and Zombie Holocaust). Needless to say I've booked my tickets:

http://www.gft.org.uk/content/defaul...&date=5/4/2009

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Just discovered this is playing at an art house theatre in my city on Monday, with an introduction by Ian McCulloch, no less (the star of Zombie Flesh Eaters, Contamination, Survivors and Zombie Holocaust). Needless to say I've booked my tickets:

http://www.gft.org.uk/content/defaul...&date=5/4/2009
    Lucky bastard.

If I lived there, I too would so be on that - hope you have a kick arse time ... no doubt you'll be taking along your DVD for signing?

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Lucky bastard.

If I lived there, I too would so be on that - hope you have a kick arse time ... no doubt you'll be taking along your DVD for signing?
    Hmm... the only Zombie Flesh Eaters DVD I own is part of the Anchor Bay Box of the Banned set. I supposed I could get the box set signed. Oh, and I have Box of the Banned 2, which contains Contamination, so I could take that along too.

United States
    Lucky Kraken. Have a kick ass time, brother.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Super Moderator

United States
    Damnshazam, Kraken...you are a lucky devil! Enjoy it, man.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Lucky Kraken. Have a kick ass time, brother.
    Thanks man, I'm actually really excited.

Ian McCulloch is a total legend of Italian horror and was a pretty big player in the British TV world in the early 80s. Apparently, though, he is now a bit reclusive and lives and works on a rabbit farm in England somewhere and very rarely agrees to talk about the horror movies he did (I think the only other time he did so was a commentary for an American laserdisc release of this movie, years back), so getting him was a major coup on behalf of the Glasgow Film Theatre. They probably tempted him with the prospect of a free weekend in sunny Glasgow or something.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    there are some great effects, to be sure. the two seem like very separate entities to me, though. love them both.

Just been bitten

Scotland

Link

Kraken,
    The link you posted doesn't appear to work.

What time is this presentation on Monday at? Is there still tickets available?

Clue me up my young friend.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Apparently, though, he is now a bit reclusive and very rarely agrees to talk about the horror movies he did
    Except when he's on the Italian Invasion panel at Chiller:::

(see the related section for parts 234)