Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Batman: Arkham Asylum

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Pretty good demo once you get used to the controls and features. I really enjoyed the stealth and stalk theme. Killer Croc looks cool.
    Played it last night. Seems like this game is going to be lots of fun. It was awesome hiding in the darkness and swinging/gliding from wall to wall.

capncnut
    Bang up for this game

United States
    This game looks sick....It'll be added to my collection apon release...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    This game looks sick....It'll be added to my collection apon release...

Gamefly has already sent my copy and I should have it by friday. i'll quickly post my thought's on it after i log in 3-5 hours or so.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    It's a bad ass game...The gameplay does feel a little stiff but Harley Quinn makes up for it

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's a bad ass game...The gameplay does feel a little stiff but Harley Quinn makes up for it
    I must admit I've always been a little jealous of the joker because she was his sidekick. WTF man!?! How the Hell did he score a hot piece of ass like that!?!

And ya gotta love her voice. It's cute in a Fran Drescher/Rosie Perez kinda way.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I must admit I've always been a little jealous of the joker because she was his sidekick. WTF man!?! How the Hell did he score a hot piece of ass like that!?!

And ya gotta love her voice. It's cute in a Fran Drescher/Rosie Perez kinda way.
    You Seen her in the Game?

United States
    The heck with Ms. Quinn. Is the game worth getting? I also heard that in the PS3 version you can play as the Joker in some side missions!

United States
    I think the game is worth getting...and I have heard that too about being able to play as Joker on the PS3....but I wouldn't know from first hand experience...I'm a 360 guy...If it helps any, I'm pretty sure that it confirms what your saying on the back of the PS3 game case

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You Seen her in the Game?

Not yet. I just popped it in. I should have a feel for it by the end of the weekend.

United States
    i finished it. its super awesome. a definite buy for comic fans. actually i've heard it called the greatest comic book game ever made, and i agree. harley is super hot, but the makeup puts me off.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm running through the game pretty quickly. It seems as if the game is pretty much whatever you want it to be. If you want to explore and look for riddles you can do that, or, if you wanna get right down to business there's that option as well.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Update:

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/69...ks-Coming.html

Batman is officially cool in games again. The developer's impressive Metroid-esque Batman: Arkham Aslyum has resulted nearly two million copies being of the game sold already, according to a report in the LA Times. To keep the ball rolling, Rocksteady and Eidos are releasing downloadable packs for Batman: Arkam Asylum, based on a comment on the European PlayStation Blog.

The LA Times article does't specify whether Batman: Arkham Asylum sold or shipped more nearly two million, however. The difference is important. Shipped means the games are in the hands of or on their way to retailers with the potential to be sold, whereas sold means exactly what you'd think -- the games have been purchased. Based on today's NPD Group numbers, shipped sounds more likely.

As for the downloadable packs, little is known about them, but it's probably safe to assume they're in the same vein as the pre-order (Scarecrow) or PS3 exclusive (Joker) challenge rooms. The PlayStation Blog says two packs are on the way -- Insane Night on September 17 and Prey In The Darkness on September 24. Keep in mind, those are European dates. I should know more about the US soon

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Awesome! This makes me glad I bought Arkham Asylum on PS3. I can actually get this DLC without screwing around with Live.

I still haven't finished the game, though. Taking this one slow after tearing through my last few games too quickly.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Awesome! This makes me glad I bought Arkham Asylum on PS3. I can actually get this DLC without screwing around with Live.

I still haven't finished the game, though. Taking this one slow after tearing through my last few games too quickly.

Try taking the settings off of easy then.