Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aliens: Colonial Marines - Left 4 Dead, but with Aliens :)

Canada
    looking at that old screenshot, i can see myself playing the game to the old doom music...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    looking at that old screenshot, i can see myself playing the game to the old doom music...
    Did you ever see this hidden weapon in Doom?

Canada
    what would you call that, doom rolling?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    How it looked in the old days..

i remember i was about 14 when it came out & i was so excited to own it a little bit of wee came out!
    I played Aliens vs. Predator for the PC when it first came out. First online game I ever played, on my dialup connection. Great game, good times.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pidemiC View Post
    I played Aliens vs. Predator for the PC when it first came out. First online game I ever played, on my dialup connection. Great game, good times.
    I played the demo I remember, never got the actual game. At the time I was like "holy shit!" with excitement, and I remember being especially impressed by the FMV sequence at the beginning.

Just the noise of walking around with the motion tracker and then the sound comes in ... ah man.

Undisclosed
    I had AvP for the3 Atari Jaguar...

I also have Aliens for the Apple IIc...still have that little gem

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    I had AvP for the3 Atari Jaguar...

I also have Aliens for the Apple IIc...still have that little gem
    Was it ever actually called "AVP" before Paul Anderson's film?

England
    Ive still got "alien trilogy" for the PS1 as well,i was blown away by it at the time!even that looks pretty rubbish these days!

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye that was it - Alien Trilogy - that's the one that I played the demo of - shat me up at the time, and I thought it was awesome - now you look at it and damn.

But then again, how could it ever compete with today's standards? At the time it was awesome, and that's good enough.

United States
    Yeah. The thing with me was that I always wanted to play a game where I could shoot a Pulse Rifle, I didn't care what it was. Then, I saw Aliens vs. Predator release at "Babbages" (now Gamestop) and I crapped myself. My grandma bought it for me, and I installed it (on my old HP PC running Windows 95 with a Pentium I CPU). It installed fine and started up fine and played the awesome FMV. Then, it crashed! I found out it was because I didn't look at the sticker on the front that said "3D Accelerator Card Required". I was so bummed. I literally had to wait YEARS for my parents to get a new computer. I played anything Aliens related to tide me over (Aliens Trilogy, Alien Resurrection, etc.). Then we finally got a new computer and I played the shit out of that game.

Oh, and I wrote a article about this game back when it was initially annouced:
    http://www.planetavp.com/features/ar.../tyler-1.shtml

England
    i used to get really into games back then too,despite the basic graphics! (i didnt think of them as basic though,i thought they were the best they would EVER be ) i'd get right into the character & game world & savour every bit of plot,good times!these days very few games have that effect on me,probably an age thing & expecting too much from the technology therefore being disappointed when i cant do certain things!back in the days of alien trilogy etc i just accepted flaws without a second thought & loved the games!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Ive still got "alien trilogy" for the PS1 as well,i was blown away by it at the time!even that looks pretty rubbish these days!
    That was top little game back in the day. I gave it another blast about a year ago though and it's quite dizzying as there's no analogue camera movement. I also got quite far into it this time around. Maybe it's all these hardcore FPS's I've been playing lately, must've sharpened me up.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Anybody remember the Alien 3 game? I think it was on SNES. Had NOTHING to do with the film.

Hell...one poster for the third film featured Ripley with a machine gun.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Anybody remember the Alien 3 game? I think it was on SNES. Had NOTHING to do with the film.

Hell...one poster for the third film featured Ripley with a machine gun.
    Yeah, it was on the Sega Megadrive/Genesis. I completed that whole game just for the reward of one photograph of Ripley entering a cryotube with the words "Congrats! You beat the game!"

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Yeah, it was on the Sega Megadrive/Genesis. I completed that whole game just for the reward of one photograph of Ripley entering a cryotube with the words "Congrats! You beat the game!"
    I had that game too,i got it for my birthday when i was about 11 or 12 years old,download it here to play direct on your PC (no need for emulators,just install it)
    http://www.games4win.com/games/alien-3/