Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Road Is the Most Important Movie of the Year"

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Five long clips... I'm not watching them as I don't want to know anything (more) about the film until I watch it...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/5-Har...oad-14642.html
    Watched the clips - super awesome.

I can't wait to see this movie!

England
    Been pushed back again to November 25th in the US.
    Sill listed as Jan 8th in the UK.
    Those clips are quality. When i read the book i pictured the world as being a much darker place almost hell like. In the trailer the world just looks ruined si its going to take some adjustment for me when i get to see it.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    a pal from work was recently talking about what great book this was, and got me interested in the movie...saw the trailer on the big screen last friday night, and two words: i'm there.

will read the book after i see the film, since in most cases the book is better than the screen version.

Undisclosed
    I just read the Wikipedia entry on it and I think it ruined the film for me... It actually spoiled the ending...told the whole thing...WTF is wrong with people??? I had not read much on purpose and just wanted some background on the author and novel itself...then pow there it was...

I think I will get the book and read it...oh BTW I saw it was pushed back to Turkey day!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    The book is great. I recommend it to anyone. Bleak and depressing. Love it.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    The book is great. I recommend it to anyone. Bleak and depressing. Love it.
    I have the book sitting next to my bed... Just not got around to reading it. And think I'll watch the film first?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I have the book sitting next to my bed... Just not got around to reading it. And think I'll watch the film first?
    I read the book last year after I got involved in a YouTube project for Frieze Film 2008 - they were gathering footage to make four 3 Minute Wonder slots (aye, the thing on Channel 4 after the news) inspired by "The Road".

Sounded like my kinda book - bought it - read it - loved it.

Can't wait for the film, the scenes in it feel just like they seemed in the book, especially a certain house with a certain cellar.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Can't wait for the film, the scenes in it feel just like they seemed in the book, especially a certain house with a certain cellar.
    **shivers**

The audiobook is also very good.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    well, i was planning on catching this one this weekend, but it's apparently getting a very limited release. closest place showing it is actually 20-30 minutes from where i live, but since i'm home for the holiday weekend, looks like i'll be waiting till i get back.

Super Moderator

UK
    Us Brits have to wait till January, I believe...

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    well, i was planning on catching this one this weekend, but it's apparently getting a very limited release. closest place showing it is actually 20-30 minutes from where i live, but since i'm home for the holiday weekend, looks like i'll be waiting till i get back.
    What the hell!!!
    I hope the're doing a slow burn release. This movie is massive to me or is just cause were into post apocalyptic scenarios that it seems it. I thought this would be general release at worst.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Man it is not playing ANYWHERE around here. And Charlotte isn't exactly a small town. Dammit!!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    well, i was absolutely set on seeing it this weekend, but since it got such a small release, i decided to go ahead and pick up the book last night.

i was planning on seeing the film first, cuz in my experience, books are usually way better than movie adaptations and i don't want to be let down. but since i've just finished the book i was reading and needed something new, "the road" it is.

haven't started reading it yet, but plan on diving in later when i get back to my apartment this evening.

EDIT: supposedly, the film was only showing on 111 screens in 31 cities this weekend. wtf? this is like one of the only movies out lately that i'd make the trip to the theater for, and i'm sure i'm not the only person who was planning on checking this one out.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 29-Nov-2009 at 05:35 PM.

England
    I'd say, read the book but leave a bit of time before you see the movie.
    I've read the book and listened to the audiobook but I'm still gagging to see the movie.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    started the book last night and i can already tell it's going to be great.

also found a theater about 30 minutes from my apartment that's currently showing the film, so i imagine that when my ladyfriend comes here for the weekend we'll be taking a drive to check it out.