Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mosquitos?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post

That being said, this entire argument about transmission is based on a big assumption that the entire phenomenon is caused by a communicable virus.
    At least with the original Night Of The Living Dead - early on the phenomenon was claimed to be caused by radiation from the venus probe. Even in some of the original press materials they referenced the "radiation" cause.

Twitching

United States
    No prob Djfunk,
    I really enjoyed Alomal-137, because it neatly answered the snafu about why people who don't get bitten in GAR movies still reanimate. That, and (though I didn't go into great detail about the specifics in my synopsis) how a viral agent could be the source of a global zombie epidemic.

Enjoy

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up here yet...

Anybody ever wonder if mosquitos would be able to transfer the virus from zombies to humans? I know mosquitos are attracted to WARM FLESH (much like zombies) while zombies are COLD, however, a lot of zombies will also be covered in blood and the scent of blood will therefore attract mosquitos. So, I'm sure there will be ones that will suck the blood of the zombies... only fresh zombies, though, due to the fact that the blood would be coagulated on the older zombies.

So, what do you think the chances of contracting the virus and turning into a zombie because of a mosquito are?
    i brought it up a while back, but glad to see some one else ask it again. i think thay could trasfer it virous ( i know i spelled it wrong.) they spread all kind of stuff, so why not that.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post
    No prob Djfunk,
    I really enjoyed Alomal-137, because it neatly answered the snafu about why people who don't get bitten in GAR movies still reanimate. That, and (though I didn't go into great detail about the specifics in my synopsis) how a viral agent could be the source of a global zombie epidemic.

Enjoy
    George almost always had the notion that everyone was capable of being reanimated, which he certified in the suicide scene in LOTD(the Unrated version. ) where a denizen of Fiddler's Green hangs himself and resurrects.
    In the commentary he mentions this during the opening credits.
    I sort of had this fantasy that he also did this to thumb his nose at Zack Snyder's Dawn of The Dead ( who repeatedly proclaimed, both on the commentary and through Sarah Polley's character, that you can't come back if you weren't bit. because everyone knows that. )

Wayne Z

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by wayzim View Post
    I sort of had this fantasy that he also did this to thumb his nose at Zack Snyder's Dawn of The Dead ( who repeatedly proclaimed, both on the commentary and through Sarah Polley's character, that you can't come back if you weren't bit. because everyone knows that. )

Wayne Z
    Hadn't thought of it this way - that GAR was thumbing his nose at Snyder - but actually that is pretty cool.

Snyder's alteration of GAR's Ghoul Rule that everyone reanimates regardless of their cause of death is on the list of things that Snyder did that ostracized a lot of the GAR fan audience, and among the primary reasons why he is widely viewed by the fans as a rapist.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."