Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TMNT: Turtles in Time remake footage

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Yeah, it's dumb stupid twenty-something-in-2008 shit. Ghostbusters I can take (with a very dry smile, believe me) but TMNT...

Who could this be directed at?

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you have to call names, man. One thing to consider is age difference. I'm younger than you, so TMNT was around the time I was growing up.

Personal preferences aside....as mentioned above this is a really fun game regardless of the source material.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Who could this be directed at?

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you have to call names, man. One thing to consider is age difference. I'm younger than you, so TMNT was around the time I was growing up.

Personal preferences aside....as mentioned above this is a really fun game regardless of the source material.

I would like to join bassman in that assessment.

It's just a generational thing. With all due respect I think that alot of things younger people like today are "stupid". (that's even a young minded sounding word isn't it?) However people are free to like whatever.

Now, I assure you that when these youngins' are in their 30's they'll get a bunch of shit from young people about liking things that were cool in 2009. That's just how it goes.

Just remember you're going to be old waaaaaaaaay longer than you're going to be young.

Now that's one to grow on.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Just remember you're going to be old waaaaaaaaay longer than you're going to be young.

United States
    Reviews are popping up, 8.8 @ TeamXbox, 8.2 @ Strategy Informer Online. Can't wait!

Undisclosed
    Looks like I am downloading it. I remember playing this game on both the SNES and the acrade. I wonder if the sewer boss will be the Rat King or Leatherhead. I remember Slash being present in one of the versions.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So i'm a bit confused. Is this going to be download only or will it also be available for purchase at stores? I've heard both....

United States
    from what i've heard, it's download only...

capncnut
    Erm, where in my post did I call anyone a name?
    Last edited by capncnut; 04-Aug-2009 at 08:01 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Erm, where in my post did I call anyone a name?
    Where in my post did I say you were calling a person a name?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So i'm a bit confused. Is this going to be download only or will it also be available for purchase at stores? I've heard both....
    It's an XBLA game; meaning it [more than likely] won't be available for sale in stores, ever.

Undisclosed
    I played and conquered it earlier. Its a good port. They updated both the graphics and controlls. It responds better, IMO.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I played and conquered it earlier. Its a good port. They updated both the graphics and controlls. It responds better, IMO.

But was it a good game?

I have a finite number of points which I could spend on other game add-ons if not.

Is it worth it? Hows the multiplayer?
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    I'd say buy it only if you're a huge TMNT fan. I realize it's a remake of a simple beat-em-up, but still, it only takes an hour to finish and doesn't bring enough new features to warrant more than a few playthroughs.

I think you're much better off buying Trials HD this week, or waiting till next Wednesday for XBLA's big summer release, Shadow Complex.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    I'd say buy it only if you're a huge TMNT fan. I realize it's a remake of a simple beat-em-up, but still, it only takes an hour to finish and doesn't bring enough new features to warrant more than a few playthroughs.

I think you're much better off buying Trials HD this week, or waiting till next Wednesday for XBLA's big summer release, Shadow Complex.

Tnx for the heads up. I would have bought it for sure.

Undisclosed
    I have been offline for 3 days. I haven't played it online, yet.