Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clayton Hill passed away

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I would love to contribute to an arrangement being sent either place if this is going to happen. Good thinking, Dubious!
    There is a florist in Burgettstown with some nice arrangements at a reasonable cost which can be ordered online. Anyone wishing to contribute, just shoot me a PM by Wednesday and I'll add your name to the card. No more than $10 each should be necessary.

Jimbo, I'm going to contact the funeral home to ask if they charge to forward the arrangements to the service.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    There is a florist in Burgettstown with some nice arrangements at a reasonable cost which can be ordered online. Anyone wishing to contribute, just shoot me a PM by Wednesday and I'll add your name to the card. No more than $10 each should be necessary.

Jimbo, I'm going to contact the funeral home to ask if they charge to forward the arrangements to the service.
    Thanks, Dubious, for doing the legwork on this - I really appreciate it. Will send you a PM confirming my participation.

EDIT: Jim, sent the PM to confirm. My wife and I will participate, so that's $20.00 on my end. Let me know how to get the cash to you, brother, and thanks again for doing this for us.

EDIT #2: Jim, I contacted the funeral home and was told that because the size of the UMC is rather small, the only flowers that they will be able to display at the service will be family ordered pieces (those that come from immediate family) and therefore they recommend that floral arrangements be sent directly to the mortuary for the visitation rather than to the church.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 27-Jul-2009 at 08:15 PM.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Undisclosed
    I had the honor of meeting the Hills on three occasions, and Clayton was simply a class individual. He loved Dawn and the fans. Sharon is the nicest, sweetest person on the convention circuit. My deepest condolences go out to her and their family. RIP

capncnut
    I cannot even begin to describe the sadness that the news of Clayton Hill's stroke and passing brings to me. I know that I am not alone on this, and I hope that it provides some measure of comfort to Sharon and Clayton's family that he will be sorely missed by so many people.
    I've had a few hours to get fried and watch Dawn tonight. When I saw Clayton stumbling up those escalators, eyes wide open and body shambling, I had to pause and shed a tear, mate. Even when I saw his name in the credits, I punched the f**king air!

Sorry for posting a photo that includes stupid me, but it's a great photo of Clayton. He was a genuine guy.
    Adrian Zmed LIVES!!!

Maybe we should take up a collection for an arrangement on behalf of HPOTD and DAWN fans everywhere.
    Jim, sent the PM to confirm. My wife and I will participate, so that's $20.00 on my end. Let me know how to get the cash to you, brother, and thanks again for doing this for us.
    Makes me proud to know you guys. Your generosity will be much appreciated I'm sure. Be sure to put my name on the card guys!
    Last edited by capncnut; 28-Jul-2009 at 05:33 AM.

United States
    RIP, Mr. Hill.

-stray-

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I
    Adrian Zmed LIVES!!!
    Whatever this means, I'm sure that I don't like it.

EDIT: OK, now I get it...

Yeah, that's me!

WTF?!
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 28-Jul-2009 at 07:47 PM.

United States
    Wow, I go away from HPOTD for a couple of months, come back, and this is the first post I see...

I met Clayton in Monroeville in 2004 and last year in Orlando. I had a pic of me and him from 2004 and asked him to autograph it. He said he remembered me and taking the pic! Seemed unlikely, so I asked him if he remembered 'when' we took the photo. He said "2004". Did he really remember, or just a lucky guess? In either event, he was a super nice guy, as was his wife Sharon. RIP C.H.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    damn, im sad to see him go. i remember watching the dawn ultimate dvd and checking out the tour and he was the life of it

United States
    i made my contribution. not just because I'm a fan of the dead movies, but i honestly feel like in my heart that this man cared for us all as friends not just fans. so, as friends we will support in their time of need.

Undisclosed
    Don't forget that you can still send sympathy cards to the family in care of the funeral home (Yojimbo posted the address above). Clayton and Sharon were exemplary convention guests that made everyone they met feel special. There really needs to be a huge outpouring of love and support from the DEAD community for Sharon during this time.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Never met him, but his zombie stood out on my very first viewing of Dawn. And in a good way.....unlike some others.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Sadly, I never attended any conventions he was at and never got to meet him and experience how great of a person he really is. RIP.

Clayton and Sharon are in the extras of the DOTD Ultimate edition. If you've never been around them it might give you a sense what it's like. It's in a group setting with Ken Foree and other taking a late night tour of the mall and yes he tackles the escalator thing!!

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Very sad news. I met him at the Pittsburgh Comicion in 03 and he was absolutly the most friendly and kind person I met at the entire con and that is saying a lot as the cast of Dawn and artists and writers were all very pleasant to talk to during that weekend. I am truely saddened, he was such a great guy to talk to and so passionate about meeting the fans. R.I.P. Mr Hill. We will all miss you.

I wish I had known sooner so I could have thrown in a few bucks for the flowers.
    Last edited by DeadJonas190; 08-Aug-2009 at 06:19 AM.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadJonas190 View Post
    Very sad news. I met him at the Pittsburgh Comicion in 03 and he was absolutly the most friendly and kind person I met at the entire con and that is saying a lot as the cast of Dawn and artists and writers were all very pleasant to talk to during that weekend. I am truely saddened, he was such a great guy to talk to and so passionate about meeting the fans. R.I.P. Mr Hill. We will all miss you.

I wish I had known sooner so I could have thrown in a few bucks for the flowers.

There seems to be a consensus that he was a super cool dude and people liked being around him.

In the end i guess that's one of the best things you can say about a person.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed

Thank-You from Sharon Hill

Received a thank-you note from Sharon Hill yesterday which I thought all would like to read:

You can still send sympathy cards to the family in care of the funeral home which, as you can see, are greatly appreciated.

Super Moderator

United States
    Very classy of you guys.

It's always sad for me to see people so intimately connected to those things that we have enjoyed pass.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany