Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ghosthunters - Oh dear!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    having worked with someone who made these shows....

I know the secrets!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    It's basically a TRAVEL CHANNEL show with a bit of "paranormal" embellishment added in to spice things up for the Syfy channel demographic.

Will give them credit in one respect, they have done shows in some great locations including Winchester House, RMS Queen Mary ocean liner, USS Lexington and USS Hornet Aircraft Carriers, various light houses, sanitariums, and hotels.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    having worked with someone who made these shows....

I know the secrets!
    A mixture of nerve and sense gases they use to induce hallucinations? The people think they're seeing ghosts and call these bozos, who conveniently show up to get rid of the problem with a fake tv show?

Something like that?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    A mixture of nerve and sense gases they use to induce hallucinations? The people think they're seeing ghosts and call these bozos, who conveniently show up to get rid of the problem with a fake tv show?

Something like that?
    Basically, but replace "sense gases" with Crack and you're about right...
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Undisclosed
    In this day and age you had better come up with better evidence debunking than that youtube clip. The skeptics always want hard clear evidence of hauntings but are always quick to piece together weak debunkings.

Kinda reminds me of those who claim the moon landing was faked and they use the tv footage in attempt to make their case.

Ah the internet age where everyone is an expert.

United States

I don't know if Donna LaCroix has an axe to grind but, I can remember on some shows she wasn't able to go on different locations she wasn't able to go because of her job. On this youtube it she says she is almost bankrubpt...I dunno you decide what you think?
    I was thinking you all might find this interesting!
    Sorry Neil I know you liked Ghost Hunters..I have been an avid watcher since the first show and have never missed an episode. This really saddens me that they are faking this stuff. They really seemed sincere atleast at first, I think they just went HOLLYWOOD and let the producers dictate whatever happens on their show. It is a shame really, it puts a very bad name to those that truly try to find the paranormal out there.
    It is also a shame they were good at it at first, now its all a putup job.
    Last edited by Debbieangel; 25-Nov-2009 at 09:16 PM.

capncnut
    Been saying this for ages and to think the cheeky twats tried to 'out' Most Haunted on their radio show earlier this year.
    Last edited by capncnut; 26-Nov-2009 at 01:30 AM.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post

I don't know if Donna LaCroix has an axe to grind but, I can remember on some shows she wasn't able to go on different locations she wasn't able to go because of her job. On this youtube it she says she is almost bankrubpt...I dunno you decide what you think?
    I was thinking you all might find this interesting!
    Sorry Neil I know you liked Ghost Hunters..I have been an avid watcher since the first show and have never missed an episode. This really saddens me that they are faking this stuff. They really seemed sincere atleast at first, I think they just went HOLLYWOOD and let the producers dictate whatever happens on their show. It is a shame really, it puts a very bad name to those that truly try to find the paranormal out there.
    It is also a shame they were good at it at first, now its all a putup job.
    Video?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Here you go, Neil.

Australia
    I take all these shows with a grain of salt because at the end of the day, this show exists to make money. Of course they're going to embellish things that happen, otherwise it's going to be a boring show.

Take it as entertainment - a interesting show to see every now and again - and not groundbreaking paranormal evidence because you can't trust anything you didn't "experience" yourself.
    zombies
    eat flesh.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieGrrL View Post
    I take all these shows with a grain of salt because at the end of the day, this show exists to make money. Of course they're going to embellish things that happen, otherwise it's going to be a boring show.

Take it as entertainment - a interesting show to see every now and again - and not groundbreaking paranormal evidence because you can't trust anything you didn't "experience" yourself.
    These shows are all fake, the thing no one thinks of is, if they were real, there would be a news report saying something like "HOLY SHIT, GHOSTS EXIST, LETS ASK THE POPE ABOUT THIS SHIT!!!!"