Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Naked X-Ray" trial in Manchester airport?!?!

Canada
    It's only natural, it's only me
    Everyone here wishes they were this hairy
    My jungle of fur keeps me warm in the snow
    Are you an idiot, what do you really know
    about the amount of coarse body hair sprouting from my chest
    you are all hairless fairy men with big ample breasts
    my beard catches all my food crumbs
    while dark brown hair erupts from my bum
    my moustache filters food like a baleen plate
    these thick side burns? Yea, they're all natural mate
    My eyebrows are joined as one
    and with this I am nearly done
    except for this final line
    I just showed you all big time.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    How sick is it that I want to see this thing in action?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    How sick is it that I want to see this thing in action?

Did you watch the video in the link provided?

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, I wrote the quote and immediately heard that ninny priest wife from The Simpson's, hehe ... but regardless, it's a valid concern.

Nor do I believe in any "safeguard" you get told about whenever something like this comes along - bullshit to that - especially "oh, we won't allow mobile phones in", well gee, cos people always do what they're told, don't they?

Aces - I'm already a Conservative, I vote Conservative ... but I'm what you'd say a "liberal conservative", someone who follows essentially modern day "liberal conservatism" ... essentially, financially conservative & socially liberal - but also, with great respect for tradition and especially privacy.

Ultimately, it's a gross and offensive invasion of people's privacy, and it needs getting rid of. I don't care what "safeguards" or whatever they try to sticky plaster onto a piss poor idea, it's an immoral way to tackle security.

This constant drip-drip-drip of eroding our privacy pisses me off to no end, especially in the UK, home to the most CCTV cameras in the fucking world.

It's embarrassing enough having to drop your drawers for a multitude of doctors and nurses (as I had to do between November and July - I had a hernia, you see), but that's okay because - it's for your health, and that's a part of hospitals, and medicine and so on.

It's not part of going on a stupid holiday, on a stupid aeroplane!

The top priority is about the public, and the vast majority are going to be very uneasy about this idea, offended, intruded upon, ogled, glared at, mocked, and so on. It's a basic human nightmare to be naked in public - like so many a nightmare had by many a person for many a generation - this is just the 21st century version of that.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 14-Oct-2009 at 04:06 PM.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

Did you watch the video in the link provided?
    I was making a pervy joke meaning I wanted to actually see a woman walk through that thing and be able to see everything (which they'd never show on the news).

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I was making a pervy joke meaning I wanted to actually see a woman walk through that thing and be able to see everything (which they'd never show on the news).
    HA. Yeah...didn't catch that. My mistake.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    ^^^

And this is exactly why it's a bad idea.

Not singling anyone out, it's just human nature.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    It could pay for itself and make a profit
    for the airlines if they streamed the signal
    right into a cable channel.

what to name the show?

The Hidden Genetalia of Travelers?

Airport Exposed?

I think capatalsim could raise its ugly head here.

Imagine the thrill of starring in such a show,
    better than pics from your vacation thats
    for sure.

And Mo.... It's your deliberate, disgusting, revolting
    prose that is responsible for all disease.

Someone should publish you.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    besides, every pervert within a light year is going to be trying to get a job at an airport. i really don't want to see mad fapping going on behind the security counter when i'm trying to get by baggage "checked."
    You honestly think people are going to be wanking in the security department of the airport? And there are plenty of other jobs that involve seeing actual naked or semi-naked people, not just images of them.

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I agree. It is an invasion of privacy. You want to strip me down, then take me too a rom and do it, and make sure it is a female security officer who is really hot and really horny.

I don't want Bubba the fat as hell sweaty security guard checking me out on a scanner and wanking off while he is swallowing a twinkie.
    1. How is someone seeing an image of you on a screen less invasive than seeing you in the flesh?
    2. People have probably wanked over you in the past and will do so again in the future, whether or not they have seen you naked.

Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    There isnt any mention of children going thru it but
    I would imagine it would be illegal to use any media
    to take naked pictures of children.
    It might not be- in the UK at least, I don't believe taking nude images of children is automatically illegal unless the photos can be interpreted as being sexual in some way. E.g. the classic "naked laughing baby lying on its tummy on a sheepskin rug" shot is not illegal because it is not sexual.

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Ultimately, it's a gross and offensive invasion of people's privacy, and it needs getting rid of. I don't care what "safeguards" or whatever they try to sticky plaster onto a piss poor idea, it's an immoral way to tackle security.

It's embarrassing enough having to drop your drawers for a multitude of doctors and nurses (as I had to do between November and July - I had a hernia, you see), but that's okay because - it's for your health, and that's a part of hospitals, and medicine and so on.

It's not part of going on a stupid holiday, on a stupid aeroplane!
    I'm actually surprised at the strength of your negative reaction to this MZ. I didn't think you'd necessarily be down with it but I'm surprised at just how angry about it you seem! Genuine questions:

1. Why do you think it is gross, offensive and immoral?
    2. Don't you think that security measures at airports are for your health too- namely, preventing you from potentially being injured or killed in a terrorist attack?

Personally, even if I wasn't a borderline naturist I would still be up for this. It seems like an almost foolproof way of preventing nutters with weapons getting on planes. And that's fine by me!

EDIT: I'd also like to add that you're all a little arrogant to assume that people's first reactions upon seeing an extremely poor representation of your naked self, along with hundreds of other travellers, would be uncontrollable horniness rather than total indifference
    Last edited by Chic Freak; 14-Oct-2009 at 10:31 PM.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Administrator

England
    I Have to admit, im with chick on this one.. you know me MZ, i hate labour as much as you do and i cant wait for the next general election when the blues get voted in.. But i honestly dont see the big deal here, you do seem to be over-reacting to, what in my opinion, is a perfectly reasonable security measure when you consider that airport security do have the right to do a strip search on anyone they randomly choose anyway, this just seems like the next step up from that.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    It seems like an almost foolproof way of preventing nutters with weapons getting on planes.
    When conventional wisdom dictates that a handful of people can easily take over a jumbo jet by wielding box cutters and shaving razors, it seems to me that no system will ever be foolproof. (In US airports, shoes are after all considered deadly weapons capable of wreaking great havoc once airborne.)

That being said, I'd have no problem with running around naked in the airport if everyone else has to do it, too (especially in Japan where more often than not the women are smoking hot). Sometimes you simply have to sacrifice for the greater good.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    I'm actually surprised at the strength of your negative reaction to this MZ. I didn't think you'd necessarily be down with it but I'm surprised at just how angry about it you seem! Genuine questions:

1. Why do you think it is gross, offensive and immoral?
    2. Don't you think that security measures at airports are for your health too- namely, preventing you from potentially being injured or killed in a terrorist attack?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I Have to admit, im with chick on this one.. you know me MZ, i hate labour as much as you do and i cant wait for the next general election when the blues get voted in.. But i honestly dont see the big deal here, you do seem to be over-reacting to, what in my opinion, is a perfectly reasonable security measure when you consider that airport security do have the right to do a strip search on anyone they randomly choose anyway, this just seems like the next step up from that.
    There's security measures, and then there's security measures. It's all the drip-drip-drip of invading people's privacy, and if you just say "yeah, whatever, let anything happen" to these sort of measures, then you end up in a hell of a goddamn state.

Hell, the UK sticks its nose into everyone's business far too much as it is already, and it's because nobody has been paying attention to it, or waving their hand going "so what" or "if you've got nothing to hide...blah blah blah".

At the most this technology should be purely a matter of choice. No citizen should ever be forced to use this crap if they don't want to, and instead choose to go through the nromal, existing procedure.

Just because you have the technology, and just because you've been doing one thing for a while, doesn't mean you should use the tech, and move onto another way of doing things.

Plus, they've been doing a bang-up job of preventing terrorists blowing up planes without this crap, so clearly it's not necessary.

Like I said, at most this should be purely optional. Those that don't mind waltzing through some "naked scanner", then fine, but those that don't want to, should be fully within their rights as a human being to go through the normal procedure.

That's what I'm saying.

Also, it's been said that people under 18 won't go through the scanner. So therefore it's not really necessary is it, if you can avoid using the machine because of one set of morals, why not another for everyone else?

A person's privacy is their personal domain to do with it what they want, and it is immoral to invade people's privacy.

If terrorists, or whatever the buzz word for another privacy-raping bit of technology or procedure is that week, are really determined they'll either:

1) Use a child to smuggle something on board.
    2) Do like that guy tried to do recently, and smuggle explosives on board by concealing them inside his body.

I.D. Cards as another example - another idea to ass-fuck people's privacy, oft-touted (among other desperate attempts) as an anti-terrorist device - what absolute horse shit, for one - for two, we're dealing just fine without them, therefore why are they at all necessary?

Just because you have the technology, doesn't mean it's right to use it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    in retrospect, since this thing is going to deal with the general public, it'd probably be more of a horrorshow than the playboy channel. there are quite a lot of people that i have zero desire to see naked. if you know what i mean...
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    I still say it would make a great cable show.
    You might get a business man wearing womens
    underwear or something.

Hell you could even get John Waters to host it.

But on another note MZ I do believe at this point it is
    optional and u can choose the regular search if you
    want to.

And Amy I don't think that it is people are in the belief
    that everyone wants to see them naked, its just the opposite
    in that they are uncomfortable with having thier bodies exposed
    before strangers, almost an assault on thier dignity and privacy.

From a web page on phobias:

"Many people have a fear of public nudity. In fact, only the fears of death and public speaking top public nudity for inducing sheer terror in the hearts of most of us."

I don't think many people here have this phobia, cuz lets face
    it this bunch is a bit kinky, but some do.

I dont think you should expose people to a major phobia
    they have and assault thier dignity over boarding a plane
    when there are other methods for safety.

Unless of course its all filmed and put on a cable
    show with John Waters hosting.

United Kingdom
    Do you guys think that people should be strip-searched, even if they don't want someone to see them naked?
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.