Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PlayStation 2 turns nine

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I was thinking and that God awful Star wars wannabe street fighter game was on there as well. Anyone remember that?
    Masters Of The Teräs Kasi, another one I still have. I had to keep that one for the sheer LOL's because of the Gamorrean Guard, Thok, and his intro. I'm certain the guy who voiced the ring announcer deliberately pronounced that name slightly different to get a laugh.

"Han Solo versus FUCK!"

England
    This little sequence makes me feel super nostalgic!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    This little sequence makes me feel super nostalgic!
    I still play my PS1 so I see that sequence regularly. I do love it though and always have to watch it when I turn it on.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    For a while now I've been wanting to collect old consoles. I know I used to have most of them but for the life of me i can't figure out what happened to them.

I know i could just download alot of titles to the wii ps3 or x box, but there's no substitute for blowing in a cartridge, turning on the console and beating Super Macho Man's ass.

Last edited by darth los; 30-Oct-2009 at 06:43 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

England
    Ive still got my Atari Jaguar with Doom, Syndicate & Alien vs Predator, damn thing doesnt like working with modern TV's though

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Ive still got my Atari Jaguar with Doom, Syndicate & Alien vs Predator, damn thing doesnt like working with modern TV's though

I believe the ps2 and gamecube have the same problem. As soon as i hook those consoles up to my plasma screen it renders the games virtually unplayable because i literally can't see a thing. You would think that it would upscale the image if anything but no, it's made it much worse.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    There was a comment in one of the posts that sony is crazy for not making the ps3 backward compatible as well. There's a few different way to look at that.

There's the line of thought that it would boost the sales of the ps3 because there's already a library of over 10,000 games, Plus all the new next gen stuff, all on one console.

But basically If they make the current gen system backward compatable it would render the previuos gen's console obsolete. They would not be selling as many units of the ps2 if at all.

Thoughts?
    Personally, I think backward compatible should be mandatory by law, whether we are talking about PS3's or anything else. To not do so is to rip people off. Would they sell less PS2's? Yes, but by the same token they would sell more of the more expensive PS3s. The main thing that pissed me off about Windows Vista is how much stuff was not backward compatible, and everyone from software manufacturers to hardware (i.e. driver) companies decided to not make Vista patches etc, forcing you to buy new stuff. Did it make them ALL more money? Sure. Was it good business? Hard to say. Definitely got me more pissed at Microsoft than usual.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    Would they sell less PS2's? Yes, but by the same token they would sell more of the more expensive PS3s.
    Not necessarily. It's an added perk for sure but then you would have 2 consoles that play ps2 games instead of one. If there was only one console that does that (which is how it currently is) then if you wanted to play ps2 games you would just have to go buy that one. Me thinks that's a big reason for the continued decent sales of ps2 harware/software.

If you could play them on the ps3 there would be no reason to have a ps2.

Just ask all the gamecubes and x boxes that are sitting in that landfill out west next to all those old E.T. Atari games.

Super Moderator

United States
    I was so off consoles when PS2 had its heyday, I never bothered with one.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    I believe the ps2 and gamecube have the same problem. As soon as i hook those consoles up to my plasma screen it renders the games virtually unplayable because i literally can't see a thing. You would think that it would upscale the image if anything but no, it's made it much worse.

Actually with the Jag the problem is that it connected to the RF terrestrial aerial socket same as the megadrive,snes etc which newer tv's, or at least the ones in our house dont have! There is an aerial socket on the back but when ive hooked up the console I cant find it in any of the channels despite going through all the AV channels & tuning shame I got rid of the old 14" portable I had in my room in my teens! I remember being really impressed with AvP when he says at the beginning "what on earth got hold of this guy?" as speech was so rare in games back then