4. Night of the Living Dead (68)
    5. Zombie Flesh Eaters
    6. Land of the Dead
    7. The Beyond
    8. The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue
    9. Return of the Living Dead
    10. Shaun of the Dead

Don't have 11
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Scotland
    Thats A Pretty Acceptable List Capn! Especially With The Second And First One! . But If Anything Id Have To Go With These. :P.

1. Night Of The Living Dead.

2. Evil Dead 3

3. Evil Dead 2

4. Land Of The Dead

5. Shaun Of The Dead

6. Braindead

7. Dawn Of The Dead (1978)

8. Survival Of The Dead

9. Dawn Of The Dead (2004)

10. Resident Evil 2

11. Resident Evil 3
    Last edited by Darksider18; 09-Jun-2010 at 01:38 PM.

Undisclosed

Unhappy i got ya!

Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    A bit like how your .TXT typing is a blasphemy of the English language?

And just so it doesn't come across the wrong way, I AM just messing with you, dude.

But, I would have to agree with said poster on "Day" being better than "Dawn" in my book, not only as the best of the trilogy but probably the best damn zombie flick ever made.

j.p.

ha no worries dude got so use to texting these days! lol you know what really bugs me about day? ive read GAR'S original script and knowing what it could have been really takes the gem out of my doughnut!

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    1. Day of the Dead
    2. Dawn of the Dead
    3. Night of the Living Dead (90)
    4. Night of the Living Dead (68)
    5. Zombie Flesh Eaters
    6. Land of the Dead
    7. The Beyond
    8. The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue
    9. Return of the Living Dead
    10. Shaun of the Dead

Don't have 11

OMG! you too! Day b4 Dawn! I think GAR should redo Day the way it was meant to be now that he has bigger bugets and studios wanting to let him have his creative freedom!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    ^^^^

Nostalgically speaking dawn is tops. But technically speaking day is the best I've seen.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    ^^^^

Nostalgically speaking dawn is tops. But technically speaking day is the best I've seen.

U 2 DARTH! LOL IM GONNA HANG MYSELF BY MY SACK!

OK I WILL ADMIT DAY HAD 1 OF THE MOST KILLER OPENINGS OF ALL THE MOVIES...BUT ITS LIKE A GUY WHO'S A 1 PUMP CHUMP SAYS HE'S JOHN HOLMES.....IT STARTS WITH A BANG BUT BLOWS HIS WAD WAY TO SOON!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    OMG! you too! Day b4 Dawn! I think GAR should redo Day the way it was meant to be now that he has bigger bugets and studios wanting to let him have his creative freedom!
    From my experiences around here, Day is regarded as the best by many members. I don't think Romero would ever want to redo it, either. As he says on the Documentary, it's his favorite of the films.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    U 2 DARTH! LOL IM GONNA HANG MYSELF BY MY SACK!

OK I WILL ADMIT DAY HAD 1 OF THE MOST KILLER OPENINGS OF ALL THE MOVIES...BUT ITS LIKE A GUY WHO'S A 1 PUMP CHUMP SAYS HE'S JOHN HOLMES.....IT STARTS WITH A BANG BUT BLOWS HIS WAD WAY TO SOON!

interesting.

Imo, i thought the beginning of the film, if continued, would have truly been the epic we all dream of. It showed the outside world completely decimated by the plaugue. We have yet to really see anyone explore that avenue.

Instead he chose to return to a clausterphobic setting with a pocket of survivors going at each other. Something we have seen from him before.

The film was great. It's just sad when potential is not reached.

Last edited by darth los; 09-Jun-2010 at 05:37 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    interesting.

Imo, i thought the beginning of the film, if continued, would have truly been the epic we all dream of. It showed the outside world completely decimated by the plaugue. We have yet to really see anyone explore that avenue.

Instead he chose to return to a clausterphobic setting with a pocket of survivors going at each other. Something we have seen fro him before.

That's one thing I really liked about the original Day script: the opening scene in the deserted city is much longer and featurea a three way battle involving scavengers in a fishing boat, a gang of raiders and a horde of zombies.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    That's one thing I really liked about the original Day script: the opening scene in the deserted city is much longer and featurea a three way battle involving scavengers in a fishing boat, a gang of raiders and a horde of zombies.

And that was awesome.

The stuff about controlling the zombies in the manner that they did was a bit out there for me but it just would have been nice to see the "big picture" for a change.

You just know there have to be other pockets of survivors, particularly with the continuance of gov't protocols. It would be facinating to see it from that aspect as well. At what point does the nuclear option come into play, etc...

Undisclosed

Cool

interesting.

Instead he chose to return to a clausterphobic setting with a pocket of survivors going at each other. Something we have seen from him before.

cool! thought i lost you for a minute dude! i totally agree it could have surpassed Dawn if they keep that momentum up from the beginning!

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Dallow View Post
    Oh, wait. I think I have to revise my top eleven already.

1. Day of the Dead (2005)
    2. Night of the Living Dead (30th Anniversary Edition)
    3. Children of the Living Dead
    4. Zombie 5: Killing Birds
    5. Vampires vs Zombies
    6. Day of the Dead 2: Contagium
    7. Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis
    8. Return of the Living Dead: Rave to the Grave
    9. Zombie Ninja Gangbangers
    10. Zombie Cop
    11. House of the Dead

Buy them, rent them, steal them... easily the best titles out there.
    Day of the Dead (2005)?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Day of the Dead (2005)?
    Look at his list, bro-heem. It's a joke.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    [QUOTE=DEAD BEAT;231202]cool! thought i lost you for a minute dude! i totally agree it could have surpassed Dawn if they keep that momentum up from the beginning![COLOR="Silver"]

No i was always here.

It's interesting though. I even admit that, imo, day is technically the superior film.

However, if given the choice i would always choose to watch dawn. shit, I don't think I've ever turned it off if it happened to be on.

There are so many elements to that film that make it the greatest ever I don't know where to begin.

Undisclosed
    now i love the evil dead trilogy but i gotta ask....are they zombie movies ??

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by fartpants View Post
    now i love the evil dead trilogy but i gotta ask....are they zombie movies ??
    Imo, technically no. They're more of a possesion type thing because as we have seen the demons can leave someone and they would be "alive" again.

With traditionalzombies that's hardly the case.

Great movies tho. Especially the first. It has that real indie vibe to it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Capn Dallow View Post
    In The Evil Dead it's not a virus but an evil spirit that possesses the teens and also reanimates their bodies. Scott is most certainly dead before he comes back, so yeah, it's sort of the same thing.

Good point.