Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google-Verizon Net Neutrality Pact: 5 Red Flags

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    Found a really detailed review of the Good-Bad-Ugly on the Electronic Frontier Foundation's website:

http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2010/08...-netneutrality

Quite a bit more at the link.
    Corporations are always going to have built in loopholes that basically let them do whatever they want. Just look at the oil companies and BP. The gov't was basically letting them fill out their own safety reports and rubberstamping them.

Same's gonna happen here. Watch.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Corporations are always going to have built in loopholes that basically let them do whatever they want. Just look at the oil companies and BP. The gov't was basically letting them fill out their own safety reports and rubberstamping them.

Same's gonna happen here. Watch.
    *nods head in agreement*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    And what's more, with the recent Citizens United decision rendered by the Supremes (conservatively controlled i might add) these same corps. can now pump an unlimited amount of funds into political campaigns and basically buy whoever they please.

There's scary stuff going on nowdays and the American people are basically sleepwalking through it.

Last edited by darth los; 11-Aug-2010 at 08:06 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    There's scary stuff going on nowdays and the American people are basically sleepwalking through it.
    *nods head furiously in agreement*

United States
    And what's more, with the recent Citizens United decision rendered by the Supremes
    The Supremes? This goes deeper than I thought...

Something to think over.

Think it oh-whoa-ver...
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

United States
    Billy Ray & The Supremes FTW!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Only at the HPOTD peeps.