Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: going to buy a wii

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Castlevania 2?!?!?! Are you MAD, man?! I hope to NEVER have to play that game again. I must have wasted away a grand total of days of my youth frustratingly attempting to get anywhere in that game.

Also, I have the New Super Mario Bros for my DS and it friggin rules. I can imagine it being even crazier on the Wii.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Castlevania 2?!?!?! Are you MAD, man?! I hope to NEVER have to play that game again. I must have wasted away a grand total of days of my youth frustratingly attempting to get anywhere in that game.

Also, I have the New Super Mario Bros for my DS and it friggin rules. I can imagine it being even crazier on the Wii.
    I take it you never beat Castlevania 2?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I take it you never beat Castlevania 2?

I have actually but what i think miike is saying, and i Agree, those games are maddeningly hard, but that's how old school games were.

Anyone remember the old ghouls and ghosts?

If that didn't make you lose your patience then you automatically qualify for sainthood.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Which one? The arcade or the home version of Ghouls & Ghosts? I have a copy of the arcade on a Capcom Collections disk. I only made in past 3 stages. It was tough, but my friend surpassed me. I beat the home version of Ghosts & Goblins, but not the arcade. I only defeated the dragon.

I did beat Castlevania 2, after Nintendo Power released the tip about kneeling at the cliff. During my earlier days, I could beat the game under a couple of hours. It also had multiple endings, which was unheard of at the time.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You're the first people I've ever talked to that have beat Simon's Quest.

I wasn't referring to the difficulty, though. I was referring to how bad the game was, all around. However, the difficulty definitely added hate for it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

I wasn't referring to the difficulty, though. I was referring to how bad the game was, all around. However, the difficulty definitely added hate for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Which one? The arcade or the home version of Ghouls & Ghosts? I have a copy of the arcade on a Capcom Collections disk. I only made in past 3 stages. It was tough, but my friend surpassed me. I beat the home version of Ghosts & Goblins, but not the arcade. I only defeated the dragon.

I did beat Castlevania 2, after Nintendo Power released the tip about kneeling at the cliff. During my earlier days, I could beat the game under a couple of hours. It also had multiple endings, which was unheard of at the time.

Oh yeah, games were notoriously difficult back in the day.

If it wasn't for Nintendo power magazine, there are many a game that would have drove me insane.

The even had tips for mike Tyson's punch out that made it much easier to progress through that game as well.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I still have a huge box of old Nintendo Power magazines. Are they worth anything?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I still have a huge box of old Nintendo Power magazines. Are they worth anything?
    Only for getting through those mind numbingly hard old school games.

Which makes them pricless my friend.

Undisclosed

Good thing you did not beat it, because the fight with Dracula would piss you off.

All 3 endings. Btw, I could beat Dracula before he even moves. I was that quick.