Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rush Limbaugh on "Family Guy"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Fuck Rush and his Fat Republican nut licking ass.
    This ^^^^.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This is semi-related to Family Guy, but you know what else sucks? The Cleveland Show. How this show made it into a second season is beyond me. The season premiere that aired in front of FG last night was just garbage. Just like FG, I think I chuckled once or twice. Every episode i've seen of that show is crap.

And how many times can McFarlane recycle the same premise and call it a different show?!? Let's see.....stupid lead father character? Check. Rebellious/nerdy teenage kid characters? Check. Talking animal or other creature that shouldn't speak? Check. Middle class family home? Check. Repeated plots? Check. Same look to all the characters? Check. It's pathetic....
    Last edited by bassman; 04-Oct-2010 at 05:47 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    That whole ending thing of Rush running down the street, turning into an eagle and fading into an american flag - if that isn't sucking Rush's cock, I don't know what could be considered doing so.
    Or it could easily be viewed as a parody on what Limbaugh presents himself as, and might believe himself to be, and indeed how many on the far left think the far right view themselves. In reality though, both the far right and the far left are c**ts.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I think the Simpson's just recently converted to widescreen as well. Should become the norm before long.
    If memory serves they converted in the last few episodes of Season 20. We're now into Season 22. It's about time Family Guy went widescreen and spruced the look up a bit, it was looking decidedly out of date compared to the likes of the new-look Simpson's, and indeed how Futurama has looked for quite a while now too.

This is semi-related to Family Guy, but you know what else sucks? The Cleveland Show. How this show made it into a second season is beyond me. The season premiere that aired in front of FG last night was just garbage. Just like FG, I think I chuckled once or twice. Every episode i've seen of that show is crap.

And how many times can McFarlane recycle the same premise and call it a different show?!? Let's see.....stupid lead father character? Check. Rebellious/nerdy teenage kid characters? Check. Talking animal or other creature that shouldn't speak? Check. Middle class family home? Check. Repeated plots? Check. Same look to all the characters? Check. It's pathetic....
    I'll probably watch season two when it's on E4, but only as filler and time killer. As you say there are so many repeated elements. Cleveland would have been best kept in Quohog. Three MacFarlane shows on in one night? Sheesh ... give someone else a chance, yeah?

Undisclosed
    Did they have to use a WIDE ANGLE CARTOON LENS to film it? Fuck Rush and his Fat Republican nut licking ass.
    Rush lost weight. He is not nearly as fat as he was in the 90's.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Or it could easily be viewed as a parody on what Limbaugh presents himself as, and might believe himself to be, and indeed how many on the far left think the far right view themselves. In reality though, both the far right and the far left are c**ts.
    You're giving them FAR too much credit.

Undisclosed
    Only they try to play it off as "poking fun" at themselves.
    Which is exactly what every comedy--animated or otherwise--is typically striving for with guest appearances. Or was John McCain not poking fun at himself on SNL when he described one of his campaign strategies as "The Sad Grandpa"?

That whole ending thing of Rush running down the street, turning into an eagle and fading into an american flag - if that isn't sucking Rush's cock, I don't know what could be considered doing so.
    How about the Team America theme song? After all, both examples were so obviously meant to be taken 100% seriously as pro-American right wing rhetoric, right?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Which is exactly what every comedy--animated or otherwise--is typically striving for with guest appearances. Or was John McCain not poking fun at himself on SNL when he described one of his campaign strategies as "The Sad Grandpa"?
    Yeah, yeah, I know this. My point is that their wink to the audience failed. Instead of funny it came off as being masterbatory.

Undisclosed
    Yeah, yeah, I know this. My point is that their wink to the audience failed. Instead of funny it came off as being masterbatory.
    We don't actually know how it came off to the entire audience, only to a few posting here and based the comments, people are quick to assume a suck-dick agenda by the show's creator(s) simply because they (the viewers) dislike Limbaugh's politics.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    We don't actually know how it came off to the entire audience, only to a few posting here and based the comments, people are quick to assume a suck-dick agenda by the show's creator(s) simply because they (the viewers) dislike Limbaugh's politics.
    I'm not speaking for any viewers but myself. I really don't know too much about Limbaugh and I don't really care for politics, honestly. I'm only stating my opinion of that show.

Obviously we don't know how all viewers perceived the episode.
    Last edited by bassman; 05-Oct-2010 at 01:03 AM.

United States
    How about the Team America theme song? After all, both examples were so obviously meant to be taken 100% seriously as pro-American right wing rhetoric, right?
    How about it? It sucked, as did this Family Guy episode.

What does his politics have to do with anything? I disliked it because it was an obvious nod to a complete douchebag. My feelings about him being a douchebag have nothing to do with his political beliefs.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by loucipherr View Post

what does his politics have to do with anything? I disliked it because it was an obvious nod to a complete douchebag. My feelings about him being a douchebag have nothing to do with his political beliefs.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ +1,000,000
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 05-Oct-2010 at 01:06 AM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    How about it? It sucked, as did this Family Guy episode.
    What?! No fucking way, Team America was great! That whole 'dicks, pussies and assholes' speech was the best summation of politics and conflict I've ever heard - and "America, Fuck Yeah!" is a terrifically ironic song, but more than that it's still got a kick arse catchy sound to it.

Then again, didn't Team America fail hard in America but do really well everywhere else? And no, that's not some kind of anti-America comment, nor a comment like 'everyone hates America' ... I can't stand that bullshit. Every nation on the planet has their fair share of c**ts.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 05-Oct-2010 at 09:53 AM.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Team America sucked total ass.... and the song is fucking annoying and truly does pander to the easily amused.

No offense MZ, but I have to say your taste in music and movies frightens me.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 05-Oct-2010 at 11:08 AM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    What?! No fucking way, Team America was great!
    Sorry man, I hated the song. Don't know what else to tell ya.

Super Moderator

UK
    Team America sucked total ass.... and the song is fucking annoying and truly does pander to the easily amused.

No offense MZ, but I have to say your taste in music and movies frightens me.
    Sorry man, I hated the song. Don't know what else to tell ya.
    Nah. Team America ruled. It's official and everything.