Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTF, Best Buy?! I mean, seriously!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    THIS is the "new" NOES version I was talking about. They say the transfer is actually pretty good. It was released around the time the remake was hitting theaters.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    THIS is the "new" NOES version I was talking about. They say the transfer is actually pretty good. It was released around the time the remake was hitting theaters.
    Yeah, that was the "Infinifilm" remaster they initially used for the standard def DVD, then used those same masters for the BR release you linked to.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So which was the one you were looking for? To my knowledge that's the latest and best BR copy of the film available.

Anyway...my point was just that it's only been out a few months, so i'm surprised they don't have a stack of copies in stock.

United States
    Yeah, that was the BR I was looking for. The recently released ANOES on BR that was used the Inifinilm master (the one you linked to). ANOES, I think just must've sold out, 'cause that is indeed around at some of the other BB's, but Halloween not being in ANY of the stores is what really got to me.

United States
    Ok, lets expand this a bit further than just movies...

So when I bought my new television a few weeks ago, the bozos at Best Buy were trying to sell me HMDI cables. Of course, I told them to piss off because the ONLY place I'll buy HDMI cables is www.monoprice.com.

But get this - this is the kind of stuff they're trying to sell their customers:

AudioQuest - Vodka 6.6' HDMI Cable - Blue/Black - $369.99

AudioQuest - Cinnamon 39.4' HDMI Cable - Platinum White - $319.99

AudioQuest - Chocolate 9-5/6' HDMI Cable - Coffee/Black - $178.99

Monster Cable - M1000 12' HDMI Cable - Grey - $174.98

and if you think those are frightening, take a gander at this:

AudioQuest - Carbon 65.6' HDMI Cable - Platinum White - $1,529.99

Ok, I realize the last one is 65 feet long, but $1500+ for a goddamn HDMI cable?

Of course, I didn't buy any of that shit. I buy my HDMI cables from monorprice and they're usually no more than $20 for a 12-20ft. cable (gold plated, ferrite core) - which works perfect. I mean, it's a digital signal - you either get the picture delivered to your TV correctly or you don't.

I just find it appauling that BB actually has the balls to ask people to pay these kinds of prices for CABLES of all things.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 09-Nov-2010 at 02:42 PM. Reason: because I fucking felt like it