Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Am Legend Prequel/Sequel

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    American Psycho was a clear example of this in action though
    point conceded. though shootem' is right - considerably toned down from what i remember from book to film.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Just been bitten Christopher Jon's Avatar

United States
    would too but i have serious doubts about todays hollywood being able to expose their main character/hero for most of the movie as the bad guy. that makes people in expensive suits very nervous over here.
    When your spending 150 million to make the film plus an additional 20-40 million for advertising, taking risks isn't a popular idea.

Could always crowdsource to make a faithful adaptation. Shoot it in Detroit, it's already post apocalyptic America.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    the one with heston really sucked but people praised it to no end. the villians werent even really that at all

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    the one with heston really sucked but people praised it to no end. the villians werent even really that at all
    "The Omega Man", IMHO is the best adaptation thus far of "I Am Legend". It of course wonders far away from the original story, but for pure apocalytpic entertainment, I love it. Of course if feels somewhat dated - having a very 70s vibe - but that doesn't bother me

Not sure what, "the villians werent even really that at all," means?

ps: I even pay homage to it in my fiction contribution "The Midas Touch" with the TV presenter dialogue.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan