Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun sales skyrocketing in part due to zombies?

Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I'm saving this article.

I think I've automaticly won every pro-gun control and anti-capitalist argument ever. It's like a perma-win. A cheat code.
    Well that is one thing cheat codes and communism have in common, they both dont work in real life.

England
    Nobodies talking about banning guns here, just about better control of them so that Blades11, One Goh, Shawn Tyson and others that are known to have temper/mental issues would find it a lot more difficult to get hold of them. I know criminals can always get hold of them if they really want them, its exactly the same over here, but at least quick tempered vindictive spiteful people dont have them in their pockets at any given moment. The idea of people stockpiling weapons because they've seen a few episodes of The Walking Dead horrifies me!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Nobodies talking about banning guns here, just about better control of them so that Blades11, One Goh, Shawn Tyson and others that are known to have temper/mental issues would find it a lot more difficult to get hold of them. I know criminals can always get hold of them if they really want them, its exactly the same over here, but at least quick tempered vindictive spiteful people dont have them in their pockets at any given moment. The idea of people stockpiling weapons because they've seen a few episodes of The Walking Dead horrifies me!
    Well said, Tricky. My thoughts exactly.

To further my thoughts it's also worth considering that on face value, a box of bullets designed for zombies has just a small novelty value. What companies are doing is capitalising on this novelty value - but in doing so are creating a very spineless and dangeruos industry of selling deadly weapons as novelties/toys.

The idea of a shotgun behind glass with "break glass in case of zombies" is fun, it's outright meant as a laugh - but it's not meant for the mass market.

It seems these bullets are. To make matters worse they're brightly packaged, and attractive to kids - sorry but it's true. The box looks like something seen in Toys R Us but we all know the real damage that can be caused to lives by seeing these things in that way.

It further goes to desensitise the US population to more violence. Sure violent movies exist and those who are nutty will gravitate towards that, but my concern is by packaging and promoting deadly weapons in this way, as a fun item and a novelty, it is detracting from the real and constant danger of having these things at large in your society.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.