Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Dead 2 (film) - Moving forward

Dying

United States

So excited for this movie. What an epic location, love their style of cinematography as well. Take notes, Brad Pitt and World War Z knock-off. THIS is how a trailer is done.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I found a teaser. It will be shot in India. Don't blame them. They are probably tired of the b.s. they endured in Africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OMEF8e92t8
    ****ing lame arse contacts *AGAIN*
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Yea, I never got the Marilyn Manson-esque contacts thing either. But the atmosphere of that trailer is so win. What an amazing setting! Better than walls of cheap CGI sprinters for sure. Really loved the first movie, and I have really high hopes they'll easily trump that effort with this film - you can just feel their passion for zombie cinema in the first one. It oozes atmosphere, and I found myself completely immersed in the movie. The Ford brothers were very efficient in building suspension and tension.
    Last edited by JonOfTheShred; 20-Nov-2012 at 01:27 AM. Reason: asfsrh

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post
    Yea, I never got the Marilyn Manson-esque contacts thing either. But the atmosphere of that trailer is so win. What an amazing setting! Better than walls of cheap CGI sprinters for sure. Really loved the first movie, and I have really high hopes they'll easily trump that effort with this film - you can just feel their passion for zombie cinema in the first one. It oozes atmosphere, and I found myself completely immersed in the movie. The Ford brothers were very efficient in building suspension and tension.
    Fingers crossed...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Dying

United States
    Fingers crossed...
    Fingers and toes.

United States
    One of the greatest zed movies of the new millennium comes along, & you're bitching about the CONTACTS?!?!?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    One of the greatest zed movies of the new millennium comes along, & you're bitching about the CONTACTS?
    Hey, it's not even been filmed yet so don't get carried away there on the expect too much choo choo!

And yes, I'm afraid IMHO, those contacts look stupid and cheap...
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Those contacts didn't bother me that much in the first one because everything else felt so right in that film. The zombies were true 'Romero rules' shamblers used to heighten tension and suspense. The film relied on practical F/X and didn't go the CGI route. And most importantly; the sense of despair and sheer dread was strong in The Dead. More than in most recent undead films.
    I felt that the directors really 'get' what makes the genre so irresistible in the first place. I can only hope the same feel gets carried across in this sequel.

Administrator

England
    ^^ Agreed!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Hey, it's not even been filmed yet so don't get carried away there on the expect too much choo choo!
    Speaking of the first one, since, y'know, you said AGAIN & all...

Dying

United States

And yes, I'm afraid IMHO, those contacts look stupid and cheap...
    I'm surprised the contacts in this trailer bugged you, if only because you remained optimistic after seeing the trailer to World War Z.

HOWEVER, I assume we all just realized WWZ would pale in the comparison to the book and your expectations for THAT were extremely low, whereas your expectations to THIS film are extremely high.
    Last edited by JonOfTheShred; 22-Nov-2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: fshjyrgtrwefyrj