Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sleeper movies...

Banned User

United States
    Can I say Theater of Blood with Vincent Price? It is a classic in my eyes and it is a movie not to many think about these days.

Undisclosed

How about...

Red Dawn...my GF and I watched this the other night, she never heard of it. I only had 1 star on comcast, I was like 1 star??? She agreed, while it was not a masterpiece it was not a turkey either...I always kinda liked it though.

True Romance is one of the best movies ever IMO and I run into people once in awhile that never heard of it.

United States
    I never saw Big Trouble in Little China. When it came out I thought it was a stupid looking Indiana Jones rip, so never saw it. I don't know if it actually sucks, but first impressions...
    Red Dawn was super popular when it came out. Alot of kids would say "I'm never joing the army, but if the rooskies invade, I'm there". And that's the film. Every teenage boys fantasy. Camping and blowing stuff up. In the 80s, anything that involved Killing commies was popluar.

I am legend is a great one. GAR got his uinspiration from the book. Omega man is a cool one too.

Not really a sleeper, but a favorite Old one for me is
    Public Enemy, 1931 I think, with James Cagney. Pre Code ultra violence. It's got it all;
    Cop Killing without punishment
    loose women and all the naughty double entendres
    Shell Shocked, ethically confused, WWI veteran
    Cihicanery and back stabbing
    Action packed vengence
    Lotsa good subtext that good for repeat viewings

It's a bad ass movie, because of the pre censorship era, it is able to go alot farther. And Cagney. He's the bomb.
    It hold up really well. And is one of the best gangster movies ever. To me, way better than the godfather.