Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Theory on why people are so mad at non-GAR NOTLD sequels

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombievsshark
    Here's what makes me want to violently hate NOTLD3D

in the trailer...zombie Johnny TEXT MESSAGES Barbara the infamous line.

I...I just don't need such drek in my zombie film...god.

he even uses numbers instead of words like '2' instead of 'to'

Well some cell phones are limited to the # of text you can put into TEXT messages... so them using "Coming 4 U Barb" is no big deal to me. I know the technology and I can see around that... Also, if that is your only complaint... it is a very weak one.

had you said it looks hokey and deviates way too much from NOTLD I would have said... yes I agree, and the re-casting of Ben as a young White teenager is Blasphemous.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

did you see the same movies i seen?

dawn o4 was pretty damn good. only thing that got to me was the running thing. ZOMBIES CAN RUN? LOL

land of the dead..myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy god was a terrible movie... this coming from some who's such a die hard zombie movie fan that i only move to places i can easily defense or escape from in case of zombie attack...i gotta tell you that movie WAS TOTAL CRAP i own every zombie movie most can think of..but i won't buy that one even if its at target for 9 bucks (and thats saying a lot!)

i've debate this with so many people..but

ZOMBIES CAN THINK? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

god damn what a terrible movie...i still can't get over the end...looooooooooooooooooooooool...that's pretty much my response..because what insulted me as a lover of these movies is that romero just thought that..hey in the middle of it all i'll just give zombies a brain and some thoughts to! totally remake the whole idea of zombies..well because i can.

i was told that he remade land of the dead because someone else had started to make it or was gonna make it and good old georgey thought..it was crap and choose to do one himself.....my my my....his age sure is showing.

again.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ool

let me get this straight for you who don't know this or haven't read the zombie survival guide.

ZOMBIES DON'T HAVE BRAINS THEY CAN'T THINK AND THEY SURE IN THE HELL DONT KNOW WHO THEY ARE.

as for 28 days later.

something tells me you all have to be brits because even thou that movie was so so-it sure in the hell wasn't close to being as good as dawn 04...not eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeven close matter of factly it lacked so much -STARTING WITH REAL ZOMBIE ACTION AND REAL ACTION PERIOD. oh i loved how they managed to out smart a bunch of trained soliders by simply laying down on the dead bodies (yes thats sarcasm)...i loved when a drop of blood easily falls from a dead body into some dudes eye...lol....seriously i can't stop laughing.

hell the orignal dawn of the dead in all its cheesyness EATS UP 28 DAYS.

the brits always try to use logical thinking and crap like that in these kinds of movies..its almost as if they are trying to make out like some how they are more logical and will think straight in these kinds of situations.

again

looooooooooooooooooool.

i won't even comment on saun of the dead. but i will say this the best part of that movie was the joke about them walking down the street pretending to be zombies. but that movie should have went straight to dvd.

dawn 04 was brilliant. character development? yes we'll see lots of that in A MOVIE WHO'S UNDERLINE THEME (IN CASE YOU ALL MISSED IT) WAS THAT THE END OF THE WORLD IS HAPPENING AND NO ONES GONNA SURVIVE. the whole point of these movies is - how will society break down-and you want character development

i dont mean to insult anyone but COOOOOOOOOOME ON

stop trying to be snobs. because thats what i feel SOME OF YOU are doing.
    i dont care if you make movies i don't care if you are into movies i don't care if you are an aspiring director...but what i do care about is some of you fools going into these fields THINKING YOU CAN REWRITE THE OBVIOUS. some of you think you know better but i get a strange feeling that you hardly know what the zombie movies are all about. when i see crappy movies...i guess i know who i should blame eh?

but those are my two thoughts and i'd glady talk more on them

again

zombies can think

looooooooooooooooooooooooooool

i have no response to that..i'm still dazed at that...i really have no response...

and no dead decomposing flesh CAN'T EVOLVE. especially when THEY HAVE NO BRAINS.

United States
    There are so many wierd things on that post I couldn't know where to start
    But I guess your entitled to your opinion
    My opion is There is nothing Cheesy about Dawn of the Dead
    But your post.....
    looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oolloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo oolloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo oolloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo ool
    ?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LS
    dawn o4 was pretty damn good. only thing that got to me was the running thing. ZOMBIES CAN RUN? LOL

land of the dead..myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy god was a terrible movie... this coming from some who's such a die hard zombie movie fan that i only move to places i can easily defense or escape from in case of zombie attack...i gotta tell you that movie WAS TOTAL CRAP i own every zombie movie most can think of..but i won't buy that one even if its at target for 9 bucks (and thats saying a lot!)

god damn what a terrible movie...i still can't get over the end...looooooooooooooooooooooool...that's pretty much my response..because what insulted me as a lover of these movies is that romero just thought that..hey in the middle of it all i'll just give zombies a brain and some thoughts to! totally remake the whole idea of zombies..well because i can.

i was told that he remade land of the dead because someone else had started to make it or was gonna make it and good old georgey thought..it was crap and choose to do one himself.....my my my....his age sure is showing.

again.

let me get this straight for you who don't know this or haven't read the zombie survival guide.

ZOMBIES DON'T HAVE BRAINS THEY CAN'T THINK AND THEY SURE IN THE HELL DONT KNOW WHO THEY ARE.

as for 28 days later.

something tells me you all have to be brits because even thou that movie was so so-it sure in the hell wasn't close to being as good as dawn 04...not eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeven close matter of factly it lacked so much -STARTING WITH REAL ZOMBIE ACTION AND REAL ACTION PERIOD. oh i loved how they managed to out smart a bunch of trained soliders by simply laying down on the dead bodies (yes thats sarcasm)...i loved when a drop of blood easily falls from a dead body into some dudes eye...lol....seriously i can't stop laughing.

the brits always try to use logical thinking and crap like that in these kinds of movies..its almost as if they are trying to make out like some how they are more logical and will think straight in these kinds of situations.

again

looooooooooooooooooool.

i won't even comment on saun of the dead. but i will say this the best part of that movie was the joke about them walking down the street pretending to be zombies. but that movie should have went straight to dvd.

dawn 04 was brilliant. character development? yes we'll see lots of that in A MOVIE WHO'S UNDERLINE THEME (IN CASE YOU ALL MISSED IT) WAS THAT THE END OF THE WORLD IS HAPPENING AND NO ONES GONNA SURVIVE. the whole point of these movies is - how will society break down-and you want character development

i dont care if you make movies i don't care if you are into movies i don't care if you are an aspiring director...but what i do care about is some of you fools going into these fields THINKING YOU CAN REWRITE THE OBVIOUS. some of you think you know better but i get a strange feeling that you hardly know what the zombie movies are all about. when i see crappy movies...i guess i know who i should blame eh?

again

zombies can think

i have no response to that..i'm still dazed at that...i really have no response...

and no dead decomposing flesh CAN'T EVOLVE. especially when THEY HAVE NO BRAINS.
    I usually try to be polite to most around here....especially the new guys. But I just can't hold back on this one. You are definitely a childish moron....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    I usually try to be polite to most around here....especially the new guys. But I just can't hold back on this one. You are definitely a childish moron....
    ditto

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    Well some cell phones are limited to the # of text you can put into TEXT messages... so them using "Coming 4 U Barb" is no big deal to me. I know the technology and I can see around that... Also, if that is your only complaint... it is a very weak one.

had you said it looks hokey and deviates way too much from NOTLD I would have said... yes I agree, and the re-casting of Ben as a young White teenager is Blasphemous.
    I think the whole idea of a zombie knowing textspeak is just as hokey as a zombie that can use a cell phone in the first place

again.

as for 28 days later.

again

looooooooooooooooooool.

again

zombies can think

someone please take this guy's keyboard away until he can learn to clean it so the keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyysssssss don't stick.
    Last edited by zombievsshark; 10-Aug-2006 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think the whole idea of a zombie knowing textspeak is just as hokey as a zombie that can use a cell phone in the first place

How many times has this been said, now? Who said it's a damn zombie that's text messaging that quote??? I suppose the living human characters in the film can't phone text and the zombies have to do it? It's not like that line came from a ghoul in the original film anyway....it was Johnny.

It's amazing how people keep making this VERY strange assumption....

Super Moderator

United States
    And after that comment.....your opinions now mean nothing
    This from the guy who admitted the following:
    I liked the "Planet of the Apes" remake.
    Just kidding, too, Bassman, but that film was wretched, aside from the visual aspects (acting was okay), but the script and plot were atrocious. You still have kudos, in my book, for liking the Ghostbusters though (except for the sequel ).

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights
    This from the guy who admitted the following:

Just kidding, too, Bassman, but that film was wretched, aside from the visual aspects (acting was okay), but the script and plot were atrocious.

I don't think it was THAT bad. I didn't say it was great....it definitely wasn't. But it was entertaining for the one or two times I saw it. Probably on the same level as "Dawn04". Except I would definitely choose "POTA Remake" over "Dawn04" any day...

It freaked me out, though. I kept expecting Marky Mark to whip it out and say "You're a big star". I can't watch movies with him in them after seeing that. I still can't believe they put that in a film....

Super Moderator

United States

again.

as for 28 days later.

again

looooooooooooooooooool.

again

zombies can think

Wow. Try throwing a ****ing comma at your sentences some time. No, seriously.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights
    Wow. Try throwing a ****ing comma at your sentences some time. No, seriously.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

I quit reading that post for two reasons....it sucked and it was hard to read
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    How many times has this been said, now? Who said it's a damn zombie that's text messaging that quote??? I suppose the living human characters in the film can't phone text and the zombies have to do it? It's not like that line came from a ghoul in the original film anyway....it was Johnny.

It's amazing how people keep making this VERY strange assumption....
    who else would be coming to get barbara?

Johnny.

But johnny dies in the first 10 minutes of the film. So he's a zombie...just like he was at the end of the original film.

Australia
    I suspect they made NOTLD3D different enough from the original in case they were unable to promote it as a remake. As I understand it, it was shot under the title UNDEAD3D or something similar and when they were sure they could get away with it legally, they went ahead and stole NIGHT's name. I wouldn't be surprised to discover they've ADR'd over all the original character names with NOTLD ones.

F*ckin' bums.
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    who else would be coming to get barbara?

Johnny.

But johnny dies in the first 10 minutes of the film. So he's a zombie...just like he was at the end of the original film.
    Yes....he does die. But he also says that line at the beginning of the film in the cemetary to pick on Barbara. It's not a zombie that's leaving the text message.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by radiokill

I quit reading that post for two reasons....it sucked and it was hard to read

dont worry radio you didnt miss anything worth reading.... he only said he thinks dawn 04 is better then dawn 78 and that brits are all arrogant jerks...chances are hes already been tarred and feathered.