Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 28 Weeks Later information

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by aga
    I thought this had gone on the trash heap so I'm glad it's coming as I enjoyed the original. With not much involvement from the original players and coming from Fox's new teen arm Atomic I'm not sure how it'll turn out though
    BTW Battle Royale is not banned in America, Toei, the japanese production company, just made ridiculous demands so no one would release it. Lions Gate are now doing a remake, though it will of course pale in comparison (the original is a classic) and most likely just be plain ****.
    battle royale was awesome, i loved the video explaining the tournament.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullaryx
    Well, in terms of resources the US would have both manpower and finances to help rebuild and repopulate the British Isles as they posited in the film's description.
    This is true. Who else has the financial and emotional wherewithal to lay a pipeline straight from Mexico to the British Isles? We'd have the UK rebuilt and re-populated faster than you can say pescado y patatas fritas, which would, by the way, be your new national dish

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Canada
    other than the us having the resources rebuilding the u.k in the sequel i think it also breaks down to the money made in the states from the first movie that they earned a write in.i can only imagine the dvd sales to . just my .02

TOTAL LIFETIME GROSSES
    Domestic: $45,064,915 54.5%
    + Foreign: $37,654,970 45.5%
    = Worldwide: $82,719,885

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289043/business

Super Moderator

UK
    Well, he's probably been fixated on the amount of cash he'll be getting for it no doubt ... as for the Americans being in it, it probably makes sense, the British forces have all been infected and killed off ... still though, there's no need for a sequel, there really isn't ... *sigh*.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    still though, there's no need for a sequel, there really isn't ... *sigh*.
    Well, I can most definitely agree with you there, but I'm going to try and be positive about it (till I at least see moe about it). If it sucks, I'll just ignore it ever happened.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 22-Jul-2006 at 11:38 AM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England

Dummys!!!!!!!!

That's "Zombie Flesheaters" ... you bunch of muppets!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    huh?, how is that zombie flesheaters?

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah I don't get what he's on about either ... quit yo jibber jabber Deadman.

As for BR remake - ghey - it indeed will pale in comparison, although at the very least it'll be in English (I fuggin' HATE subtitles - if I wanted to read I'd get a book - movies are to be watched, not read).

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    thats were we differ i ****ing hate dubbed films with a passion, its subtitles or nothing for me.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    A zombie is a person who is "undead". The stenches in Romero's film fit that category, but the infected do not.
    no - a zombie in romero's films is undead. romero invented the idea of the undead zombie. a zombie in the traditional voodoo sense is not dead, but under a heavy hypnosis. the modern idea of "zombie" is an invention by george romero. 28 days later is not a zombie movie in the romero context, but traditionally, romero's undead are no more zombies than 28 days later's infected .

Quote Originally Posted by Geophyrd

Well, other than in Land of the Dead, I don't believe GAR ever called his creatures zombies.
    peter calls them zombies in dawn of the dead.
    Last edited by ipotts85; 23-Jul-2006 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

UK
    Some films dubbed can look really crap (but I'd still prefer it, lol), but when done right (High Tension was much scarier because I could relax and WATCH rather than read crappy looking text and miss all the scares). Also, "Versus" with dubbed is much better than with subtitles. The hero sounds like a hero in the dub, but in his own voice he suddenly comes off a bit of a pussy, lol.

United States
    While it's not technically a zombie film, 28 Days Later helped revive interest in survival horror movies. It's doubtful Land of the Dead, Silent Hill, or Dawn of the Dead 2004 would have been greenlighted without the success of 28 Days Later.

Super Moderator

UK
    And of course Shaun of the Dead has done it's fair share of helpitude too ... mind you, I'm not keen on all these turdy American zombie indie films which have a couple of jokes in being compared to (or even stated as "greater than" Shaun - what a complete load of cobblers)...

United States

A major kink in the sequel...

A major, MAJOR part of 28 days later was that they were under the assumption that the rage outbreak happened EVERYWHERE.

Now consider that people are rebuilding in London. If an outbreak started there wouldn't be too much to worry about because the world would keep on going. The entire storyline would probably be along the lines of a few survivors trying to radio for help or something.

Or maybe they'll throw in a psycho who threatens to release it elsewhere, who knows?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter
    Silent Hill
    uhh, silent hill isnt a zombie film, or a franchise about zombies, its about inner demons manefesited by the town...or other stuff depending on which game in the series but its NOT zombies, and dont know about abroad but over here 28 days wasnt anything big really and is another film lost to video shelves in blockbuster so i really, REALLY doubt it had any impact on land of the dead, im sure a brit film, if any that would have had an effect would have been sahun as i think, but aint sure so dont quote me, that sshaun did better than dawn 04 over here.

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    And of course Shaun of the Dead has done it's fair share of helpitude too ... mind you, I'm not keen on all these turdy American zombie indie films which have a couple of jokes in being compared to (or even stated as "greater than" Shaun - what a complete load of cobblers)...
    yeah aside from the 3 romero films i havent seen a us zombie flick i like and almost all the american indie zombie films are the same damn story with different characters :

ACT - 1: try to start your own mythos with yet another virus outbreak

ACT - 2: low budget gore scene

ACT - 3: guy shows up who kicks ass, cus the writer wishes thats how tough he was in real life

ACT - 4: isolation

ACT 5 THRU CREDITS: clihce' ,cliche' , someone gets 'bitten', cliche', cliche'

-END

*thumb up* theres a guide to make your own crappy us indie zombie film thats "better than shaun of the dead", enjoy and use at your lesuire when you have an uncounquerable mental/writers block.
    Last edited by Danny; 24-Jul-2006 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost