Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you shoot and edit with?

Super Moderator

UK
    Good job on getting the museum gig.

Damn I can't wait to get my hands on a DVX100B, it'll make a significant leap for me from my current Canon MV700i, hehe, I bought it back when I suddenly needed a new camera and didn't have any cash. It's done me well though, but now it's time to move on, it's not really the sort of camera I need for a videography business, which I'm now a part of, still ... it's suitable as an emergency back up/background wide shot provider.

UK
    Excellent. It does look like a really good camera and certainly seems the choice with the independent filmmaker. Shall ask for a test when I get the funds together, although I did really like shooting with the Z1, the peaking option was really helpful.

I have been really lucky with the cameras I have used. I got an old Digital 8 Sony around 2003 and helped me shoot my first short film, but it didn't really compare when I got to Uni as I was able to work with a whole host of DV cameras throughout which saved me a heap of money. Hopefully the XM2 will tied my by until I can make a proper choice. The DVX doesn't look like a camera I would be dissapointed with though.
    Sound is more important than picture.

Get the money on the screen

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    man ive never been able to get to grips with photoshop i normally end up suing flash instead csu its a much simpler way of doing it... or much lazier

and damn i gotta get me one of those xl-2's there schweeeeet!
    Using Flash for bitmap editing seems harder to me. I guess whatever you're used to and works for you. I could see using Flash instead of After Effects for some motion graphics work though. I have Flash, just haven't taught myself to use it yet.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Greetingz, frenz.

New member here, came across this site a long time ago and it was mainly a few people bickering at each other about film remakes (I see this hasn't totally vanished altogether) and some strange fellas going on about the military role of such an event.

I've been planning my projects for a while now, and have recently secured funding.
    I am an editor by nature, but found out that I was also a "wannabe director in the closet" a few years back.

I see you fellas like your PC appz a whole lot.
    Heard only one mention of Apples solutionz.

I'd just like to weigh in on that.

I've been working with Apple hardware and software for a few years now.
    And from experience, it's more the way a production pipeline should actually be.
    With PC appz, they're more of an after thought, or a pre-viz solution unless you're talking about an actual turnkey system from Avid or Autodesk, or a 3DBoxx for effex.
    Apples software is much more capable.
    I'm a Final Cut fundie!
    I've used Avid software, which is decent, but only when run on an Avid system, not on normal PC hardware.

Now is an interesting time with Apple solutionz, with Intel hardware, universal binaries and so on.
    I'm more of an Apple purist, and prefer the PowerPC hardware (but that will likely change, old habits die hard though).

My specs for my personal projects includes a G5 dual, cinema displays, the whole nine there.
    My pipeline consists of FCExpress, some After Effects, mainly Shake for compositing, Cinema 4DXL (because Maya is extremely expensive to procure, not to mention the cost of artists that are skilled with it). Even yours truly has become somewhat proficient with Cinema4D thanks to this venture.

I've recently come to terms with the fact that if you want a project to come to fruition, successfully, and in the same idea as it was concieved, you have to be familiar with all aspects of production.

I had to lay my ass on the line to procure the right tools, and this still remains to be seen.
    The crew is another matter entirely...

"Apple innovates! Microsoft imitates!"
    Just look at Vista, OSX anyone???