Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts about Diary of the Dead

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkingDude View Post
    Ok only giving a little science fact lol.............Rigor mortis can be used to help estimate time of death. The onset of rigor mortis may range from 10 minutes to several hours, depending on factors including temperature (rapid cooling of a body can inhibit rigor mortis, but it occurs upon thawing). Maximum stiffness is reached around 12-24 hours post mortem. Facial muscles are affected first, with the rigor then spreading to other parts of the body. The joints are stiff for 1-3 days, but after this time general tissue decay and leaking of lysosomal intracellular digestive enzymes will cause the muscles to relax. It is interesting to note that meat is generally considered to be more tender if it is eaten after rigor mortis has passed.

Dont blame me lol i just looked it up this is what was said on the web. So would this mean fast then slow then fast again zombies????? Dont yell at me about fast zombies either lol i just threw this up for all sides of the debate.
    Good information, all, but its usefulness depends on assumption only, as we do not know how the qualities of death are affected by the 'plague' in the romeroverse, aside from a general slowing of decay as mentioned in Day and some other basic info. We do not, for example, know that rigor mortis occurs in newly dead victims who are affected by the 'plague.'

Too many assumptions used to make arguments for and against running zombies. Too many times I am forced to type this same reminder

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    if its in a first person view such as blair witch ALOT of people will hate it. noe I enjoyer blair witch but thats not the point