Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Free NOTLD dvd in UK tabloid this Saturday

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    its cus everything in englands more expensive so whats costly for you aint so much for us so we get it for free sometimes, and since i bought the trilogy of the dead box set im getting this purely for one reason....

I FUNKING HHHHAAAAATTTEEEE THE 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION!!!!!
    the entire trilogy boxset is a waste of space, there's virtually no special features on any of the disks, the "uncut" dawn is actually the old uk directors cut which has 6 seconds cut out of it (including the entire apartment building headshot). the only reason i own the trilogy boxset is for the fourth disk which includes, "the document of the dead", which ive always wanted to see but is quite a rarity over here.

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Er ... why is it in colour?

*sigh*

Don't tell me they're releasing the colorised version ... oh dear. Prepare to turn the colour on your TVs to "off", ha!

there's been a colourized (back off with your american spelling MZ ) version for years... i used to have it on video..

United States
    If this is something that is heretofore unreleased, I would like to get a copy for my collection. But as I dont live in jolly ole England, I wont be getting a copy of the SUN anytime soon, any thoughts on how I could get a copy? And a dont mean a "copy", I mean the actual product that will be in the paper, with the new sleeve, etc.

Super Moderator

UK
    Eh? Oh right, I missed the "u" - but I did use an "s" instead of a "z", so we both got it half right, ha!

I've got Document of the Dead on VHS, found it in a bargain bin in an overpriced record shop (got the video though, for a fiver ). Except for (for now) my Night DVD which is R2 with crappy new soundtrack, I have Dawn, Day and Land all on R1.

Dawn is the Ultimate Edition DVD (which also includes Document of the Dead) - a must for any Dawn fan.

Day is the Divimax Edition (again, a must for any Day fan).

Land is the R1 unrated edition, which actually is uncut, unlike - it appears - the region 2 version .

One of these days I'm gonna buy the R1 Millennium Edition of Night, and I'll have them all on R1 - which reminds me, the next gen DVDs can fudge off blocking no-region players, how is there anything wrong with buying a DVD from another region, particularly America.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    It seems every time you turn around, the UK get a bunch of free $hit we don't get over here in the US.

Case in point, some of the UK game mags offer free controllers or even games for f**king subscribing to the mag for a year! WTF?!! Bring that $hit over here already!

Maybe because the US mags are a bunch of cheap @$$holes?

Dawg
    Remember they pay 17 pounds and up for a DVD which is like $32.00+ for the same DVD with pay $17.99 for here in the states. The cost of living in the UK is friggin insane. How anyone can make a decent living is beyond me.

Don't buy it off eBay for $12.00 shipped. Goto Best Buy for $7.99 you will get it faster and probably find some other steals there.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 25-Oct-2006 at 11:28 AM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    You're very much right Dj, cost of living here sucks balls, especially items like DVDs and whatnot are overpriced - the 17.5% tax on friggin' everything doesn't help either (heck, 40 pence per litre on fuel is tax here! ).

If you go to HMV and buy a brand new DVD it'll set you back more than likely £20. If you get it online from play.com you'll get it for around £15 - hence why internet shopping rocks cock.

I've bought many a DVD from America, got Redneck Zombies on Troma DVD for about £2.50, and it was uncut - it was shown here with about 20 minutes shredded out!

These little freebies now and then are supposed to "make up" for our cost of living I think (bollocks do they, lol). It's also a sort of new "thing" papers are doing of late, giving away DVDs to sell more papers (not like Black Hawk Down or anything universally popular, it's always an old movie from back in the day).

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Why would you buy REDNECK zombies?

Thats like buying Children of the Living Dead... not needed! I swear some of the stuff TROMA releases is enough to make you wanna puke. However, fo some very strange reason I really wanna see "Poultrygeist - Night of the Chicken Dead."
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, I also bought COTLD - a fiver from one of those 'smells of smoke', downtown video/game shops, figured might as well for a fiver - me and my housemates had such a fun time laughed at it/outright taking the piss - it's since just sat on my shelf, haha.

Redneck Zombies - well, cos it was so hideously cut here in the UK I wanted to see it uncut, and for a couple of quid I figured why not. I'd planned to show it to my housemates when we were on funky muffins or something, but never got around to it - we just ended up watching Napoleon Dynamite a hell of a lot.

Indeed, I wanna see Poultrygeist in all.

Kazakhstan
    redneck zombies is great. real trash. there are some randomly disturbing bits in it though...

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Don't tell me they're releasing the colorised version... oh dear.
    I wouldn't give up so soon MZ, the colourised version has some redeemable factors (except for a lousy colourisation by Hal Roach studios): a.) It is the fully uncut 96 minute version. b.) It uses the original mono soundtrack c.) It may well have a black and white option on the dvd - I recently bought one similar to this. d). If there's no black and white option you can always turn the colour down on your tv!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You guys still have Woolworths?!?! They went out of business over here when I was about 9 years old.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    You guys still have Woolworths?!?! They went out of business over here when I was about 9 years old.
    Mr Pizz, we got Woolworths EVERYWHERE in the UK. It's funny you should mention it actually because I just had an argument in one today when some dumb ass chick at the counter tried to charge me £20 for a £13 dvd!

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    I'm moving to the UK!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    dj's right folks a pound is usually day to day worth 2 dollars so everything here is twice as expesnive, the my name is early box set goes for £75 quid over here!?!

so because everythings so expensive it does mean we can get cooler **** for free cus its closer to worthelss over here.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Parazombie View Post
    I'm moving to the UK!
    I got a spare room if you want it girl.