Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2007 a good year for Zombies

capncnut
    Quite easily, he resurrected at the end of the original.
    Last edited by capncnut; 04-Nov-2006 at 06:45 AM.

Undisclosed
    exactly! he's coming back... and this time it's personal. lol. im joking. but, mel gibson does have some other **** coming out called "Apocolypto"... or something...

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerva_Zombi View Post
    exactly! he's coming back... and this time it's personal. lol. im joking. but, mel gibson does have some other **** coming out called "Apocolypto"... or something...
    Probably his version of the book of Revelation.

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerva_Zombi View Post
    "Apocolypto"... or something...
    I've heard about a Road Warrior prequel.....sounds like that could be it.

you know, the one they've said they'd make for years, I hear the ball is finally rolling.
    Last edited by radiokill; 04-Nov-2006 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Super Moderator

Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by MontagMOI View Post
    Also looking forward to Dairy Of The Dead
    I don't even want to think about the dairy products favored by zombies...

Administrator

England
    kaos has been waiting months to use that joke

Undisclosed
    Isn't Risen supposed to come out in 2007? That has some potential, it seems to me. As for the others, here's my level of excitement:

28 Weeks Later
    Day of the Dead '07
    RE: Extinction
    Diary of the Dead
    Grindhouse

/p

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by radiokill View Post
    I've heard about a Road Warrior prequel.....sounds like that could be it.

you know, the one they've said they'd make for years, I hear the ball is finally rolling.
    Nah...."Apocalypto" is Gibson's next directorial effort set in the decline of the Mayan civilization. The main character is chosen for human sacrifice and rather than accepting his fate, he runs to save his life. You can find the trailer online. It looks like it could be really good.

As far as the Mad Max 4 thing.....I read just the other day in an interview that the director is trying to get it going and that Mel Gibson refuses to have anything to do with it.

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Nah...."Apocalypto" is Gibson's next directorial effort set in the decline of the Mayan civilization. The main character is chosen for human sacrifice and rather than accepting his fate, he runs to save his life. You can find the trailer online. It looks like it could be really good.

As far as the Mad Max 4 thing.....I read just the other day in an interview that the director is trying to get it going and that Mel Gibson refuses to have anything to do with it.
    I'd say he's a bit to old to play mad max again.....apocalypto does sound pretty good, tho
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    Isn't Risen supposed to come out in 2007? That has some potential, it seems to me. As for the others, here's my level of excitement:

28 Weeks Later
    Day of the Dead '07
    RE: Extinction
    Diary of the Dead
    Grindhouse

/p

i think im gonna take a leaf out his book

28 weeks
    day 07
    resi 3
    diary
    grindhouse
    my name is bruce

ViP

Undisclosed

Thumbs down

I heard 28 Weeks Later is PG-13 ... geared towards a younger audience.

... still looking forward to this?

United States
    bah...PG-13?!

I'd rather stay home and contemplate shooting the neighbor's dog...again

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post

It happens. He'd probably like people to forget he was involved with stuff like Bird On A Wire, Air America or maybe even the Lethal Weapon and Mad Max movies. He is too busy making and promoting "meaningful" films to have anything to do with stuff he might now look at as cheesy. People who have success with "serious" films tend to do that.

While it may be for good reason, it is well known that Sean Astin consistently refuses to acknowledge Encino Man. He won't even speak about it. Slightly off topic, but that is one of several good examples of people trying to escape roles they were previously typecast in.

With that said, I am aware that the Mad Max movies were more "serious" than some people like to let on, who look at them as mindless action films. But that is a whole different story. I wrote the first paragraph from Mel's point of view and would assume he doesn't want to be associated with the franchise anymore than he has to. The whole rhetoric of not wanting to be defined as Mad Max, Riggs, whatever........
    Last edited by Brubaker; 12-Nov-2006 at 10:43 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Wantaghzombie View Post
    How the hell do you make a Passion of the Christ 2?!!?!!?!?
    time machine.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by radiokill View Post
    I'd say he's a bit to old to play mad max again...
    I'd welcome another Mad Max flick as long as it's better than Thunderdome.

Quote Originally Posted by Cereval View Post
    I heard 28 Weeks Later is PG-13...
    Say what now?
    Last edited by capncnut; 14-Nov-2006 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost