Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Preferred weapons for a Zombie Crisis

Italy

sounds good

But promise that when flesh hungry reanimated heads start rolling, you'll mind your ankles.

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Sticking with the tried and tested ... unicycle, pea-shooter, light sabre combo.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    The only drawback of chainmail is that it makes alot of sound. Otherwise it's great... But hard to come by. If I found one of those shark protection-mails (during a zombie outbreak), I might take that with me and put it in me house. Could be good if you're just going out for a food stroll and you know you're going to places where Z-heads aren't abundant.

Anyway, from my house I have a redwood bokken and several bats. A bokken is a training sword in wood for those that don't know. My bokken happens to be of real poor design, so it's actually more of a long club. It's heavier than the real sword would be and altogether worthless to train with - but excellent for bashing heads in!

I also have a small kids bat that I got when I was little. It's small and useful, almost like a blackjack. You can really get a good punch in with that one, but it might break from overuse. In that case I have a much bigger bat lying around. I made it myself, and it's really thick. That thing would never EVER break.

I'd also keep a knife at hand. Preferably something I could use for everything, like a M3 Combat Knife or some such thing.

As for firearms, there's no chance I'll get any of those in Sweden. But there's really no chance of a zombie outbreak catching on in Sweden either, so it doesn't matter that much.

capncnut
    Apart from a knife, this is the only weapon I know how to use.
    http://www.karatedepot.com/catalog/i...s/wp-nu-57.jpg

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by lihimsidhe View Post

all this is against gar zombies. now if we are talking about zack snyder zombies...

i would opt for the best pair of running shoes i could find as well as a decent amount of crack so i could just keep running at top speed. instead of hammers and swords, i'd be looking for gatorade, candybars, focus factor, any kind of sugar product, etc and a bible so i could pray to god to give me the speed i need to get the hell away from those bastards.

ROFL-that was awesome.
    I like the point you made about a gun giving away your location, for some reason I've yet to think of that.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I'd also wear silk clothes constantly. It's almost impossible to cut or bite through that stuff. And if they did manage to get through, the silk would definetly not give away easily and if chances of infection would decrease.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I'd also wear silk clothes constantly. It's almost impossible to cut or bite through that stuff. And if they did manage to get through, the silk would definetly not give away easily and if chances of infection would decrease.
    Plus you look sexy in a Master P kinda way

ahhhh.. JUICY!
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by FoodFight View Post
    Yes. The M1 carbine was never produced by Springfield and 20 round magazines are not standard (if they even exist). So what is your point?
    20 roung mags exist, and just because a magazine isn't standard doesn't mean the guy can't get them
    Here's one he could buy
    Last edited by EvilFlyingCow; 02-Jan-2007 at 07:26 PM.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    The problem with all "clothing" armor is that the teeth maynot ripp flesh from the bone so they can eat it. It will still come off tho, which would totally suck. Saying that I'd still wear my leathers if it happened.

As for weapons, I live in england so i have a limited choice. My step-dad has a couple of shot guns, which I'd make a bee line for. Other than that, i'd have to stick with basic weapons, I have a baseball bat, which I like the idea of screwing a dagger into the end of, I think that would be effective. I'd also have a go with my airrifles, just to see how effective they are, saying that I'd only try them from my flat window.

Other than that, if zombies struck today, and I had to make use of what I have in my flat. I'd go for my slingshot, Molotoff Cocktails, my custom baseball bat, a collection of knives and I'd stick a crowbar in my bag just incase as it has more than one use. Then i'd leg it down the road to the docks and steal a boat, glory of living on the coast.

I think if it happened in england, we'd all be buggered. Have to sail away, to land of the guns and no zombies.

Kazakhstan
    ok, for years i have had many half cut discussions with me crew about this one, and i believe i have refined the ultimate set up...

* shark bite proof wetsuit (i've seen them, and they kick ass)

* US football helmet

* proper samurai sword (a long one)

* knee high doctor martens

* hammer

that way you can chop off the heads, and if they make a dive for you, arms flailing, you can just lop off the arms, kick em back and decipitate...

Dying

Undisclosed
    I stand corrected on the magazine issue. Next time I'll use more than one search engine for research.

Undisclosed

Wink

i would have to go with .12 gauge shotgun!

mainly because i would'nt get tired of seeing there heads explode!

or a flame thrower you can cover alot more ground like that,just light um up and let each one burn like a fuuuckin log!!!

Haiti
    Quote Originally Posted by Excessium View Post

ROFL-that was awesome.
    I like the point you made about a gun giving away your location, for some reason I've yet to think of that.
    Try these: http://www.autoweapons.com/products/suppressors.html
    As to melee weapons I would favour a good heavy bolo machete, a war hammer:http://www.ragweedforge.com/90h.jpg or a good fighting tomahawk:
    http://www.americantomahawk.com/products/vtac.htm
    Oh yeah, I'd also have a Steyr Scout and an Ithaca 37.
    Last edited by Chakobsa; 02-Jan-2007 at 10:08 PM.
    The reasoning man who scorns the prejudices of simpletons necessarily becomes the enemy of simpletons; he must expect as much, and laugh at the inevitable.
    Marquis De Sade.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    i would have to go with .12 gauge shotgun!

mainly because i would'nt get tired of seeing there heads explode!

or a flame thrower you can cover alot more ground like that,just light um up and let each one burn like a fuuuckin log!!!
    A flamethrower sucks. THeyre heavy as hell, and once theyre empty, youre fcuked. Plus, you dont want a flaming zombie stumbling towards you, lighting everyhting it touches on fire.

Ill take a sawed off louisville slugger (aluminum bats eventually bend and get ruined), and put it in a back holster, along with a double barelled sawed off shotgun (barrel and stock cut) for last resort. My main rifle would be an M1 Carbine with scope or a "Mare's Leg" .22 Winchester rifle, easy carry. I dont need an automatic rifle, waste of ammo.

For a sidearm, id stick with a glock, one of the best semiauto pistols on the market, with a silencer, and a .22 cal pistol.

Id wear plain black jeans, black shirt (nighttime concealment), skullap to keep my hair out of reach, and a leather jacket, it is true that leather is hard to bite through so it does protect you to a point.

you have to be sure to carry light, cause when all else fails, at some point or other, youre gonna need to travel on foot. And a sawed off bat, shotgun and winchester rifle, and two small pistols, are a hell of a lot easier to work with than heavy arms
    Sex, blood, rock and roll...

Haiti
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I'd also wear silk clothes constantly. It's purely a comfort thing you understand, everyone in Sweden does it. Oh and by the way the nocturnal washing line raid thing was a filthy lie!!!. And if they did manage to get through, the silk is so sheer and slippery soft that it would definetly not give away easily and if chances of infection would decrease.
    Last edited by Chakobsa; 03-Jan-2007 at 12:03 AM.
    The reasoning man who scorns the prejudices of simpletons necessarily becomes the enemy of simpletons; he must expect as much, and laugh at the inevitable.
    Marquis De Sade.