Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having taken a friends advice..

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    geez man, the rechargable one only costs a tenner from gamestation, think how much your paying for batteries.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Yeah, Halo is overrated. It's still a decent FPS series though.

Resistance: FOM and C & C: Renegade are better, but that's beside the point.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Yeah, Halo is overrated. It's still a decent FPS series though.

Resistance: FOM and C & C: Renegade are better, but that's beside the point.

I enjoyed the first Halo more than Halo 2....COop was just too much fun thats what really sold me on the franchise....

What sucked about Halo 2 is the enviroments in the story mode were cutnpaste duplicated over and over and over again in a given level... So it was pretty common to get lost and backtrack several checkpoints because you think your going the right way and then you realize youve gone backwards....and then when you finally find where your supposed to go looks just like the room you were in right before....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Super Moderator

UK
    Indeed, that is something that pisses me off about Halo, the cut 'n' paste corridors. I remember playing the first one and getting completely confused - and this coming from an experienced FPS gamer. So my housemate (who owned the Xbox) who hadn't done much FPS gaming (let alone gaming, despite owning a PS1) was screwed on a daily basis when playing it. He just went around in circles for hours ... oh did we laugh.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    y'know i hear this all the time and i think the only reason it never happened to me was geography and maps was a forte of mine at high school so im good with mapping my way in my head as i go. they werent THAT bad were they?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    y'know i hear this all the time and i think the only reason it never happened to me was geography and maps was a forte of mine at high school so im good with mapping my way in my head as i go. they werent THAT bad were they?
    Yes ... yes they were that bad.

It wasn't necessarily all about figuring your way around, once you notice the arrows on the ground () then it's easy. The main problem is that it just looks dull, boring and lazy.

capncnut
    I had no trouble navigating any of the Halo 2 maps but I agree, I enjoyed the first Halo way more.
    Last edited by capncnut; 26-Jan-2007 at 10:14 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    The machine gun in the first game was also much better than the second - I liked doubling up in Halo 2, that was just superb - I pwned so many asses with a dual machine gun combo (and the sword is f*cking immense - getting that single thrust skewer just makes your dick tingle, don't it? )

But yeah, the machine gun in the first Halo was just much cooler - iconic even, synonymous with the game itself.

Halo looks great - but only when it's outdoors. The indoor settings are so drab and copy/paste looking, but the outdoors stuff in the first game - such as a hot landing and taking out those little alien chaps with your squad - that was cool.