Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey guys, check out my Grindhouse SXSW entry.

capncnut
    LOL, I saw that trailer before. Awesome. Really captures the era well. Apparently Tarantino has directed an absolute CORKER of a kickass martial arts trailer for Grindhouse. I can't wait to see it.

Undisclosed

Hobo

Yes, that is my favorite as well. The word is that their picking more than one...so that might fare will for Hollywood Vigilante.

However, after having picked films for festivals, if I had to pick one, it would be Hobo.

pJ
    "See you in L.A., Marvin." - Jack Walsh

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i think they'd both work well together as some kind of double feature they say the most sucesful double features are both the same but one could never happen one allready could have, seems to apply to those two.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ive gto a request and rather than start another thread i thought id post this here since its kidna the same sorta thing.
    since the weathers finally clearing up im gonna start some filming soon and right off the bat i thought id try my hand, jsut for fun and my own "i cant believe i did that" material in a few years time, i want to try my hand at a fake grindhouse style trailer, since my cameras picture is a little grainy and serpia mode makes it look all 70's.
    i got a good plot for the trailer written up, looks like it should be fun to film, im surprised the idea wasnt submitted for the competition, wish id have mailed an entry, but heres the deal. i want to find some of that old 70's style cop movie music and the like, trouble is i aint having much luck even the online archive sights got nothing and i thought that was a sure thing, so does anyone know any place to get that kind of music?

capncnut
    If it's that Starsky and Hutch type guitar twiddle sound "waka-waka" you're after then Sabrosa by The Beastie Boys might work - don't worry, it's an instrumental. If it's the strong classical sound then wiki the names of Bruce Lee's movies (namely Game of Death) and then download the soundtracks via Limewire or summat. Pure cheese.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    poifec', and just since i thought you might like to know the "film" is called "pyscho mailman", cus theres all those jokes about em being pushed over the edge but there wasnt a movie made about it.
    shame.

United States
    Maybe Swat, streets of San francisco , the Baretta theme. Theres a bunch old old shows like that. Maybe Italian 70s funk. Turkish funk has that sound often.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Undisclosed
    cool!