Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Incoming zombie games...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    hmm, so does that mean theyve been tweaking the a.i too rather than just cut and pasting half lfie 2 enemy a.i?, if so then thats a real achievement, especially for a mod and not a commercial 3rd party game.

Super Moderator

UK
    Agreed, Ravenholm is still creepy as sh*t, they set it up really well - and subtly - in the story ... well, subtly enough anyway ... and when you finally get there you've got all these far off moans and clangs, the music is all spooky keyboards, you've got limbs hanging from trees, roasted corpses on spikes, derelict buildings filled with monsters, it's creepy-ass stuff ... then those rooftop-leaping running zombie type things come screeching at you sounding like some sexed up mong-head on crack, that noise just gives me the shivers...

Bring on that NMRIH mod already!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Agreed, Ravenholm is still creepy as sh*t, they set it up really well - and subtly - in the story... well, subtly enough anyway... and when you finally get there you've got all these far off moans and clangs, the music is all spooky keyboards, you've got limbs hanging from trees, roasted corpses on spikes, derelict buildings filled with monsters, it's creepy-ass stuff... then those rooftop-leaping running zombie type things come screeching at you sounding like some sexed up mong-head on crack, that noise just gives me the shivers...
    <revisits the moment>

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    <revisits the moment>
    Tell me about it, I have flashbacks of that screaming mong-thing up in my face all the time ... it's like 'Nam ... well, not really, but it's one of those videogame moments that has stuck with me for some time...I always get that flappy-handed "no get away from me, eeuurgh!" kinda sensibility when those things come charging at me.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    hmm, so does that mean theyve been tweaking the a.i too rather than just cut and pasting half lfie 2 enemy a.i?, if so then thats a real achievement, especially for a mod and not a commercial 3rd party game.
    Hope so,ive seen videos of a few half life 2 zombie mods (not these mentioned in the thread) and they just use the head crab monsters as zombies which is a bit crap,give us some proper ones and make them behave like zombies!!and let us blow bits off rather than them just dropping after 5 bullets.Thats one thing that annoys me in most games,you can count the rounds you need to drop each enemy,even if you shoot it 5 times in the thumb it still drops.Make them hit location responsive!

Super Moderator

UK
    even if you shoot it 5 times in the thumb it still drops.Make them hit location responsive!
    And that was one of the main problems I had with LOTD:RTFG, you could shoot a zombie five times in the foot and it'd die, and even if you shot it flat-out point blank in the middle of the face, it kept coming ... not exactly realistic, eh?

capncnut
    Ravenholm is up there but it's not the ruler.

Super Moderator

UK
    Ruler among what though?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ...i cant be the only thinking "huh?" here.

capncnut
    I guess what I was vaguely blurbing at was that it's most definitely up there in terms of scares but not the scariest. Oh wait, now I got someone telling me that all the inhabitants of Ravenholm are zombies. Aren't they dead humans possessed by headcrabs?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    and that differs from zombies how? a zombies just a body, alive or dead under the influence of some foriegn substance ranging from the ganados and the las plagas ,and the exocels and zombies in cold fear, to the ragers infected with ...er rage and the resi zombies who were under the influence of the T-virus.

capncnut
    When you put it like that, I guess they are zombies after all.

Totally unrelated but I just remembered a scene in HL2 where you begin in like a garden or summat and there's half a body hanging from a tree (I think) and you could make it swing by running into it or beating it. Damn effective stuff.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah i think that was the start of that chapter, in that little green with the ravenholm sign, i just loved that area, it looked all eastern european, and theres never any horror movies set there, guess thats why resi 4 stood out too.

capncnut
    Darned long too.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    that was awesome.