View Poll Results: Have you travelled the world?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 16.00%
  • No

21 84.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you say you've 'travelled the world'?

Undisclosed
    US, up and down, mostly. Just not Texas. Don't gimme any ****e, my brother lives there and likes it, so I'll get there in time. Mexico, but not vast distacnes from the border (Mexico is friggin' big). Pretty much all of Europe, 'cept the postage stamps like Luxembourg, etc.

My favorite places were (besides Paris - nothing beats boning on the banks of the Seine beneath Notre Dam and having an unexpected tourist boat go by, with cheering) more "Eastern Europe". Yugoslavia and Hungary iron curtain style were, as they say, the bomb.

Got teargassed by the cops at a punk show in Budapest. One of my favorite moments, how often do you get teargassed for having fun? By Commie Cops? Maybe I'm weird, but that was mad cool. By the way, teargas does actually kinda hurt. But can lead to sticking it in and wigglin' it around a little. I'm just sayin'. And one of the most straight-up insane hardcore shows I ever saw. Nothing like knowing the Stasi might come to get yer bollocks ruffled.

Still, I would like to go a little farther afield. I literally haven't been out of NYC for 15 years for more than 3 days at a shot (twice there, oh , I'm dyin' here), so anywhere would be cool. Had a friend who went on "safari" with his sis, she won some radio contest, and then he ditched 'em and hung out with some normal people in Kenya.

I don't look for exotic people. I go to somewhere "exotic" and find the regular gits. Maybe not my regular, but just folks, y'know? People I'd talk to anyway.

England
    Ive been all over britain but i havent left these shores yet!quite sad at 25 lol,but my parents could never afford foreign holidays and ive never had the money until now.Im going on a mad week in ibiza in september,and hopefully visiting Normandy in france this summer

Undisclosed
    US, up and down, mostly. Just not Texas. Don't gimme any ****e, my brother lives there and likes it, so I'll get there in time. Mexico, but not vast distacnes from the border (Mexico is friggin' big). Pretty much all of Europe, 'cept the postage stamps like Luxembourg, etc.

My favorite places were (besides Paris - nothing beats boning on the banks of the Seine beneath Notre Dam and having an unexpected tourist boat go by, with cheering) more "Eastern Europe". Yugoslavia and Hungary iron curtain style were, as they say, the bomb.

Got teargassed by the cops at a punk show in Budapest. One of my favorite moments, how often do you get teargassed for having fun? By Commie Cops? Maybe I'm weird, but that was mad cool. By the way, teargas does actually kinda hurt. But can lead to sticking it in and wigglin' it around a little. I'm just sayin'. And one of the most straight-up insane hardcore shows I ever saw. Nothing like knowing the Stasi might come to get yer bollocks ruffled.

Still, I would like to go a little farther afield. I literally haven't been out of NYC for 15 years for more than 3 days at a shot (twice there, oh , I'm dyin' here), so anywhere would be cool. Had a friend who went on "safari" with his sis, she won some radio contest, and then he ditched 'em and hung out with some normal people in Kenya.

I don't look for exotic people. I go to somewhere "exotic" and find the regular gits. Maybe not my regular, but just folks, y'know? People I'd talk to anyway.

Banned User

United States
    I voted no. I have been to 35/40 of the 50 American states and America is as big as all of Europe pretty much. I was so close to going to Canada. I was at Niagara falls.
    I am kinda jealous of my family. My dad was with the NSA and he lived in Lybia, Arabia and Ethiopia in the late 50's early 60's and my mom lived in Morocco, Germany and I think France. My siblings were born in Europe. I feel left out never leaving the USA

United States
    I say yes because I have been all over the US, I have been to Mexico and Canada and I vacationed in Europe.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

United States

I have traveled from New York ....

to Paris, Mexico, Canada, California, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maine, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Virginia, Washington D.C., Akaska, Utah, New Jersey, Pennsylvania...and probably other states I am too tired to remember.

October 2007 I am scheduled to go to Budapest, Prague and Vienna.

Would this make me well traveled?

All I know is that I LOVE to travel and would love to do more.

Canada
    never left canada myself, but i hope to go to the u.s.a soon and see philadelphia and pittsburge.
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog View Post
    never left canada myself, but i hope to go to the u.s.a soon and see philadelphia and pittsburge.
    Although I get the GAR connection; set your sights a bit higher !

Banned User

United States
    I been to Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Delaware, New Jersey, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Minnesota, Wyoming, Colorado, Iowa, Idaho, Washington D.C. and a few others I can not remember at the moment for it is 1:30 am in the mornign and i am getting a brain fart thinking of this lol!

Kazakhstan
    no, but i've been to;
    spain
    france (nice, paris, normandy)
    denmark
    america (ny, florida, atlanta & philadelphia)
    ireland (everywhere)
    jamaica (montego bay)

i want to go to germany, poland & japan.
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

capncnut
    Other than New York and California, I would love to go to Germany, China, Japan and Russia.

Spain
    I lived in Madrid, Huesca, Málaga, Huesca again, and now, Montmesa...

Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Would love to do China etc!

Personally I'd rate New Zealand far more visitable than Australia if you're in that area
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    I would love to go to Aussieland but I've heard it's an absolute bear pit there.
    well being form the uk you would need to go where the sheep are at

United States
    I have yet to visit outside of the United States. But in regards to the website that I am on, I have visited downtown Ft. Myers, Sannibel Island, Monroeville, PA, Pittsburgh, PA, Evans City, PA and Wampum, PA, so I figure I am doing pretty good.

Nascar trips have taken me to Daytona Beach and Homestead, FL, Darlington, SC, Rockingham and Charlotte in NC (also North WIlkesboro), Martinsville and Richmond VA, Bristol, TN, and Loudon, NH.

United Kingdom
    I voted no as I have so much more to see

so far
    Tanzania - Dar es salaam
    UAE - Dubai
    Thailand- Bangkok, Koi PHI pHi, Koi Somai (I think I spelt those right)
    Egypt - Shar mel Shake
    Amsterdamn 8x
    Antiga
    Kenya various locations
    Isle of Wqeight
    lived most of my life in London
    Almost forgot, Las Vages, Los Angelas, Texas, Mexico, Grand Canyon

Going to Jamaica, Tibet and a second trip to Dubai this year, Yay!!

Now I am just bragging
    Last edited by Dommm; 05-Apr-2007 at 10:44 AM.