Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Serenity" best scifi film ever?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Totally agree. Primer is awesome though, pure headf**k material.
    Never heard of Primer, but I am def gonna check for it now
    I saw Children of Men recently and I thought it was great.
    also just saw The UK Day OF the Triffids. That was really excellent.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Dead

Undisclosed
    Robocop, Terminator 1 & 2, Blade Runner, Star Wars, Starship Troopers, and many many others are better than Serenity. While I liked Serenity, I'd easily watch all the ones I listed before it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Serenity is good, but the best? What are they smoking over there in the land of tea and crumpets? and is it possible to have a few thousand grams sent over to my house?
    dude, what do you think the tea's made of?, booooooong .

anway, serenity was a good finale to firefly but hell no i can name at least 50 films from like 1930 to 2000 that were way better than serenity., hell alien, the thing, star wars (eps 4 thru 6 ), back to the future to name but a few.

capncnut
    I suppose I could add both versions of Solaris to the list as well.

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I suppose I could add both versions of Solaris to the list as well.
    I wanted to add that too, but I couldnt remember the name. I like the Russian (?) version better

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

capncnut
    Me too.

Undisclosed
    any one of the 6 star wars films would piss on Serenity any day of the week

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by fartpants View Post
    any one of the 6 star wars films would piss on Serenity any day of the week
    Not the Phantom menace. It smells like the dump my late doberman took on the floor after stealing a pound of raw bacon

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

capncnut
    Attack Of The Clones ain't that much better either. I guess that makes it 4 now.

United States
    Attack Of The Clones ain't that much better either. I guess that makes it 4 now.
    The new Trilogy is a bad as the old ones are good. I categorize the new trilogy as a "massive, frustrating, boring and ultra cheesy disappointment"

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

capncnut
    I gotta admit that I loved the darkness that came with Revenge Of The Sith - it almost felt like Irwin Kirshner was directing again. If Lucas handed the reins over to other directors like he did with the original trilogy then we might have been looking at 3 different movies as opposed to a mediocre 6 hour story done by the same guy.

Administrator

England
    I gotta admit that I loved the darkness that came with Revenge Of The Sith - it almost felt like Irwin Kirshner was directing again. If Lucas handed the reins over to other directors like he did with the original trilogy then we might have been looking at 3 different movies as opposed to a mediocre 6 hour story done by the same guy.
    Yep - He shouldn't have directed, and someone should have helped him with those scripts!!

The final one was the best, but was still very average at best (IMHO)
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Yep - He shouldn't have directed, and someone should have helped him with those scripts!!!
    Yes it is baffling why he would go down such a long winded and political route for the 'other' 3. Took all the enjoyment out of it in my opinion. What I loved about the original trilogy was that they were simple and enjoyable space yarns. None of this long winded rubbish about trade routes.

I wonder how many young children really got the plot to Phantom Menace?

United States
    I wonder how many young children really got the plot to Phantom Menace?
    I barely understood it. All the Bull**** politics was hard to follow

I have to admit, I watched about 20 munites of Sith and it annoyed the crap out of me.
    I guess Kirshner did Empire? Thats the best one by a mile, and thats saying alot.
    Last edited by coma; 15-Apr-2007 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers