Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally a release date! (360 news)

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Yes, Tiberian Sun came out before Red Alert 2. I did give Generals a try though, and it was headed in the right direction. But they completly went back to the old school management with Tiberian Wars. Which was adequate 10 years ago.
    Generals flopped, thats why they went back to the old school ways of tiberium sun and red alert... and it looks to me like they've cracked it this time round.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Generals flopped, thats why they went back to the old school ways of tiberium sun and red alert... and it looks to me like they've cracked it this time round.
    I have to agree with you there, they really have got it right this time Generals just wasn't C&C for me and obviously a lot of other people too but this is fantastic

United States
    The demo is now up on Xbox Live, downloading now...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Generals was pretty succesfull, I think. I liked it. The best C&C since Red Alert, definetly.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    The demo is now up on Xbox Live, downloading now...
    Thanks. I'll do that as well.

United States
    Believe it or not, I actually prefer the controls of the 360 version over its PC counterpart. They have streamlined all the menus, and the control with the analog sticks is precise, you can tell they spent a lot of time perfecting it. Play the tutorials before the mission though, it explains the controls really well.

Super Moderator

UK
    Just to confirm, is it free to download demos and videos on Xbox Live? Or with the free Silver Membership they give you when you buy one?

I've gotta get my skates on and get my research nailed together as I'm getting one in like a month now, wooooooo!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Just to confirm, is it free to download demos and videos on Xbox Live? Or with the free Silver Membership they give you when you buy one?

I've gotta get my skates on and get my research nailed together as I'm getting one in like a month now, wooooooo!
    Yeah its free to download anything, you only need a gold membership to play games online against other people.

Super Moderator

UK
    Now what about this disc scratching thing, what's the likelihood of that occurring? The Xbox has been out for a while now, so...what should be done if it occurs...any ways to avoid it possibly happening? Am I just being paranoid, it'll probably be fine?

*ahem* Home Improvement is on, laterz!

Administrator

England
    Now what about this disc scratching thing, what's the likelihood of that occurring? The Xbox has been out for a while now, so...what should be done if it occurs...any ways to avoid it possibly happening? Am I just being paranoid, it'll probably be fine?

*ahem* Home Improvement is on, laterz!
    Dunno ive had my xbox since november and its never happened to me once lol

capncnut
    The disc scratching thing is nothing. Happened on my Xbox, happened on my 360. In fact I know three or four people who have told me that it happens to them too. It don't scratch like a razorblade slash, it's just one or two very light marks and some of these even come off with a wipe. Nothing to worry about really.

All you have to do is check the back for overheating thats all, I was playing Tony Hawks yesterday for 10 hours (I know, serious HPotD neglection) and the game started getting a bit slow and kept pausing, felt the back and it was HOTSSS!!! Just make sure you don't play it all day every day and you'll be alright.
    Last edited by capncnut; 21-Apr-2007 at 11:27 PM.

United States
    Never had a disk get scratched on my system, and its a launch unit.

Undisclosed
    Damn, it won't let me download it. I need to upgrade to Gold. How's the demo? I did download Gyruss, instead.

Super Moderator

UK
    Ah that's good to know, most likely a slim chance if any. Oh yeah I won't be playing it all day every day (although I say that now ), but I doubt (and kinda hope) I won't have the time to just veg out in front of it all day. And also, if it gets hot, I'll get my trust deskfan out and blow that all over it (do that with my laptop during the summer, it couldn't keep itself cool even if it was in a fridge-freezer!)

Sweetness...now to find some dealios, it comes with it's own warranty for a year right? Do you have to phone up or is it just already there?

Call me obsessive/compulsive if you want, but I like to know the score before I drop my dough on some tech.

capncnut
    You have to call 'em up (number is in the manual) and register it. For a cool 30 notes you can bump up your warranty by another two years... that's if they still do that now.