23 46.94%
  • Dawn (2004)

18 36.73%
  • Infected (28 Days)

8 16.33%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Which Is more scary

United States
    What is so scary about ROMERO zombies ? Yes, they're dead; yes, they'll punk you if cornered and there are many of them ...

But they're walking and stumbling at 2 mph. I am not syaing it would not be scary, because of course, the relentless pursuit of hungy cannibals would suck ..

But at least we have time to 'get to the car', 'run around them' or even 'though the crowd'

-

Dawn 04's of course would suck (Running) but I chose the 28 Days Later brand of crazy zombiefied cannibal. They have such an explosive vibe; that RAGE is like pure evil. No other undead (Except in the orginal running zombies THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD) would come flying through the French Doors with the glass panes at you; no other zombies turn you like the RAGE virus does (seconds) ...

United States

28/Infected

The method of speading the illness almost made it impossible not to become infected. I mean Hannah's dad just had a single drop of blood from a flesh-eater turn him into one. And what if you're outta bullets and start using a knife to kill them there's blood going every where it makes it most difficult not to get infected. Especially when you consider the average open woundage and vulnerable areas of the body. For instance your eyes and mouth. And just counting up the number of scars I have now (I like to play rough lol) it would be nearly impossible for me not to get infected. I'd have to cover my whole body in saran wrap and then put on clothes.

I understand what Philly's saying but dont quite agree. With a mob of screaming flesh eaters coming after me (whether infected of dawn) my adrenaline would start pumping because i'd be freaking out. I'd have to pick what weapon means the most to me and what mode of transportation i'm going to stake my life on. And then as i'm running away or using my bicycle i'm terrified there's another horde just around the corner just aching and waiting to eat me. I wouldn't be able to rest or focus or concentrate because they would be coming after me with such fury. And I beg to differ that 28 zombies do have to be shot in the head or have some serious brain damage whacking in order to die.

However with Romero's zombies I kept getting shocked when people would die because they move so slow. You basically have to be totally stupid and getting cornered in order to die. Though that wasn't always the case in the movies cos those were scripted for suspense purposes and for plot reasons. I just wouldn't be scared by slow moving creatures as much as I would be by those that would test my ability to survive. I'm just not scared by a feminine camper in the woods like I am by any person being surrounded and slowly torn apart by violent fast moving flesh eating zombies like Bart in Dawn or Mailer in 28 (I think it was mailer). And what makes the 28 zombies scarier than Dawn is they seemed to be more aware of the living people around them. For instance in 28 in the church when Cillian walks in and is screaming it wasn't but moments before infected were going who what ooo look brunch!

To me scary isn't just something you hide from scary is something you have to survive against and overcome and outsmart and out think. Its what gets your adrenaline pumping and the blood flowing. Its 28 Days Later and with some luck 28 Weeks Later too.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

United States
    is anyone gonna agree with me on the rotld zombies???

capncnut
    I voted for The Infected, there's no way I want a pair of them busting in through my front window at 1000 miles an hour when I'm trying to light a doob. Man, close to the end of 28DL two of the infected soldiers try to RAPE one of the soldiers, now that's scary!

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    is anyone gonna agree with me on the rotld zombies???
    I'll agree with ya Codes. I wouldn't like to be cornered by 'em on a dark night.

United States

was it when

was it when the dude was on the island table in the kitchen and one infected seemed to have his arms and the other had his legs? cos if it was I think they were just fighting over who gets the entrailssss
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

capncnut
    Yeah, it's the same scene but as the director said in the commentary; "Why can't The Infected f**k someone to death? Or at least attempt it? It's the most basic of functions..."

United States

oh dang thats funny

greaaaaaaaaaaat now I gotta watch the movie and laugh it over a few times

i see men in desparation reaching out for anything thats there its like the prison effect...

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe View Post
    Ok,

Firstly ... this is a stupid poll with seemingly little to no thought or effort gone into it, sorry dommmm
    Firstly there are no stupid questions only silly answers

Secondly, for the twenty hundreth time, there are NO ZOMBIES in 28 days later, therefore that option should immediately be excluded from the "what is the scariest type of zombie" poll. Leaving only two options.
    MMMM... as the answer suggests I put in there infected and the terming of the question is put out as they can be compaired to Zombies

Thirdly, i voted for GARs original zombie flesheaters because i just don't buy into the idea that a freshly animated corpse would be physically capable of anything more than an awkward shamble.
    MMM... impericale evidence would be needed here, to my knowledge I have not read a truely scientific account of a dead man rising and walking yet nor seen one so I dont claim to know how they would behave, move or anything, all we have is fiction at the moment based around this.

But hey these are just my opinions

Undisclosed
    ROTLD zombies. But since their not on the pole.

1. Dawn 04
    2. 28 days later
    3. Romero

I would think of it in terms of biggest threat. GAR zombies are slow and only really dangerous in large numbers or if one gets the drop on you. The infected in 28 days later run, but are nothing more then rabid humans. They are still vulnerable to everything a normal person is. What makes them scarier is the infection takes effect in seconds.

Dawn 04 zombies are a real menace. They run and are only vulnerable to headshots/head trauma. Not easy to do when they are coming at you like bats out of hell. 1 of these can be a bigger problem for you then 10 GAR zombies.

United States

To rip flesh or not ...

That is the question.GARs zeds just seem to nibble most of the time.
    Last year someone posted a scientific approach and coverage of the outbreak as it happened using GARs films as touchstones so to speak.
    Somewhere along the line, experiences with these 'standing stinky-poos' is that they initially eat w/ aggression.Only partially eating their victims, of course there are the smoragasboards (the fine char-broiled dining in NOLD90 at the fragged gas pump)... They mostly want more fresh meat(I just had the visual of Ripley in "Alien :Resurrection", where she says, "If they are anywhere, it would be here, where the meat is." I liked that),something to do with the body heat/ 98 degrees that bodies make or something.
    For my money, the slow and steady zed is alittle more scary.
    A psychological approach to this would be what is it that makes an undead scarier? For an individual that is well equipped to handle an event like this, the running nasties would be abit more of a challenge. If you have someone that has a mere baseball bat, then forget about it.
    If any one has the tenacity to suggest what to have for this kind of an event, it would be DeadmanDeluxe...BTW one might want to check in in his journal, it freaks me out.
    Rigor-mortis (sp) is an unavoidable factor in movement of these things.
    Being able to run is just too unbelievable when I think about it...
    But in my opinion, the little girl & the husbands-turning in the beginning of DOTD 04 is really nasty good.
    I am 'torn' between the 2 types of zeds to be honest.
    ROTLD had moments:
    "Send more paramedics." or " Send more cops."...more than I can list.
    The Return of the Living Dead zeds, I would just leave them out. I see that as comedy-horror, which in my opinion, isnt sub to GARs work , just in a different category.
    // Quote by DeadmanDeluxe: " Bringing me back to my original point, which was that giving the zombie flesheater powers of speed is nothing more than "a needless blurring of established and traditional character traits for the desensitized masses also known as the MTV generation".- lmao
    Last edited by DVW5150; 01-May-2007 at 05:13 PM. Reason: eating wifes arm ...scalp now.Hmm, A1 would be nice...
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    I voted for the 2004 zombies. This is really becuase of their speed, it was a toss up between them and in the Infected. I know there not zombies but they still eat you and your fuct if your bitten.

I totally understand that the GAR zombies are scary, but everything that they do, the 2004 zombies do but faster. My thinking behind my choice is that If i had to choose one outcome I'd go for ones I can out run. I know that they gather in big groups but I'd like to think id be well out of the way before then, and being chased i'd be eaten after a mile or so, knowing my luck i'd trip and they'd wripp me to pieces.

well thats my pennies worth

United States
    thats the only think with 28 days later is that the infection takes on so quick...but sadly they are not zombs.

United States

i beg to differ

I do think the infected were zombies I mean while you may feel one has to die and be reanimated to be a zombie I think a person who stops being a human and exists in a new way and is prone to eating flesh of their fellow humans is then a zombie. Its like they become a primitive creature. Additionally the zombies in 28 Weeks later were resistant to gunfire and needed bullets to their wee noggin or a real head banging in order to die. Typical of zombie films with the exception of ROTLD...

And while ROTLD isn't on the list those zombies weren't scary because they could talk and say brains they were too funny. And so poorly created I mean that torso zombie didn't have lips or a tongue but could say brains! As if!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    I do think the infected were zombies

*runs for cover as deadman and mz stomp up to bitch at her*

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    *runs for cover as deadman and mz stomp up to bitch at her*
    *puts ninja slippers on, does some twirls in the air, lands in a fancy manner, quiet as a cat ... ... belches ... ahhh maaaate*

*ahem*

The infected in 28 Days Later never die, it's basically an angry-angry-hippo's version of rabies. There's people and then there's people with "rage".

Within 28 days they're dying out from starvation as they're not finding any people to feast on - they're essentially rabid cannibals.

They never die during the transformation, ergo - not zombies. Even Alex Garland and Danny Boyle insist they are not zombies, if the writer and director say so, then I believe them.

*vanishes into the shadows, Shinobi stylee*