Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad sign for Indy 4 - Lucas calls Spiderman 3 silly...

Undisclosed
    The spidey humour is a bit over the top, also the movie characters do not have a good Hollywood back story like Spider man 2. The credits rolling at the beginning seem a little rushed, not like the comic strip replacements compiled in Spiderman 1& 2.

Kazakhstan
    spiderman 3 sucks, also raimi's style has become so homogenised ever since "the quick and the dead" - his last film directed with any flair imo. well nah, not imo, cos everything since has been undeniably very plainly directed compared to his early efforts.

lucas is cheeky for saying that though
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    spiderman 3 sucks, also raimi's style has become so homogenised ever since "the quick and the dead" - his last film directed with any flair imo. well nah, not imo, cos everything since has been undeniably very plainly directed compared to his early efforts.

lucas is cheeky for saying that though
    I really grimace any time I read a comment like this... Sure the film wasn't as well constructed as the second, sure it had some areas that needed tigntening up, but there were plenty of areas it did very well in...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Lucas you really are a complete llama! Given the diabolically nothing films you've made of the past few years no matter how much money you've thown at them, and then describing a pretty well formed film, with some great comedy and action as silly... LLAMA!

Anyway, this is the man writing the script for Indy 4... I'lll start crying...
    I think calling Spidey 3, well formed is pushing it.

I really grimace any time I read a comment like this... Sure the film wasn't as well constructed as the second, sure it had some areas that needed tigntening up, but there were plenty of areas it did very well in...
    Which scenes? It was campy and boring. WHY THE HELL WAS ERIC FOREMAN PLAYING VENOM?!?!?!? WHY GOD WHY?!?!?!
    Last edited by Khardis; 13-May-2007 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Undisclosed
    To say that they delayed the date of Spiderman 3 it was a little rushed!?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I saw it yesterday. I thought it was great. Topher Grace pulled off a good job. Sandman, a villain I otherwise don't give a damn about, was actually executed really well. Others have claimed there was too much action. I disagree. I thought there was a good balance with action and plot. And the new Green Goblin worked well too!

Sam Raimi, unlike Peter Jackson and George Lucas, is not mediocre.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah i agree, sandman in the comics is a crappy subpar villain but the film portrayol made a great charactor and the actor looked the part exactly, and the bit were he first reforms in the sand was kinda tragic and a great piece of superhero cinema.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    I think calling Spidey 3, well formed is pushing it.

Which scenes? It was campy and boring. WHY THE HELL WAS ERIC FOREMAN PLAYING VENOM?!?!?!? WHY GOD WHY?!?!?!

Well, all I can say is I enjoyed Spiderman 3. In a couple of places it felt a bit clunky, but generally it fun/entertaining enough to make me overlook that.

Campy? Yes in places... Nothing wrong with that

Boring? Far from it for me at least. I laughed out loud a number of times, and at other moments realised my hands were tightly gripping my legs...

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    the bit were he first reforms in the sand was kinda tragic and a great piece of superhero cinema.
    Yes, a great piece of cinema! Quite beautiful really!

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Sam Raimi, unlike Peter Jackson and George Lucas, is not mediocre.
    George Lucas is not mediocre... He ushered in an epic change in cinema with some great films. However, he's seemingly quite a different person now. He should never have taken on the latest trilogy single handed...

Peter Jackson... Anyone who can make the LOTR trilogy is a cinematic master IMHO. The films were an outlandishly tough task, and what came out of them were unbelievably well produced films... At least IMHO...

Will be interesting to see what Raimi does with The Hobbit, if he ends up doing it...
    Last edited by Neil; 13-May-2007 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Just because George Lucas is a pioneer within the film industry doesn't make him any better of a director. He's a bland and mediocre director who has a talent for concieving good and easily accessible stories. Those same stories that he can then completly destroy by directing them himself.

Peter Jackson suffers from David Lean syndrome. 'nough said!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Just because George Lucas is a pioneer within the film industry doesn't make him any better of a director. He's a bland and mediocre director who has a talent for concieving good and easily accessible stories. Those same stories that he can then completly destroy by directing them himself.
    His production and directing of Star Wars was good... He envisioned and captured a completely new feel for scifi, and this deserves a lot of credit!

Peter Jackson suffers from David Lean syndrome. 'nough said!
    Peter Jackson has come from the school of hard knocks background. Bad Taste is a show case of what guts, hard work, tenacity and talent can achieve! LOTR just further demonstrates this!

I guess we'll just have to disagree...
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I guess we'll just have to disagree...

hurry lock this thread :<

United States
    Raimi used to be one fo the directors I admired. The last thing he did I liked was DARKMAN

Ever since, he is playing 'Hollywood Puppet Director'

Undisclosed
    Spider Man 3 for its little fault, nobody except wanna-be film directors & writers like us; cannot also dismiss that this movie is not a bad movie. Therefore, this movie maybe worthy of criticism, but it is also worth of credit, so when it would screen again on the big screen, will still go buy a bag a pop corn and pay to see it!
    Last edited by suicide22; 14-May-2007 at 01:35 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    His production and directing of Star Wars was good... He envisioned and captured a completely new feel for scifi, and this deserves a lot of credit!
    I'll give 70's George Lucas credit. And I'll tell the 00's George Lucas that he's nothing special.

Peter Jackson has come from the school of hard knocks background. Bad Taste is a show case of what guts, hard work, tenacity and talent can achieve! LOTR just further demonstrates this!
    LOTR didn't demonstrate anything like it, to me. And DEFINETLY not King Kong either.

Super Moderator

UK
    Preaching to the MZ choir there, Neil.

I hate how Jackson gets jipped on for the Rings trilogy, it was an undeniably epic filmmaking task, everybody slogged their guts out for years on end and created a superb trilogy. The sheer muscle, grit and determination - even just on Jackson's part - was untold...absolutely immense.

I'd like to see the complainers try and do what all those involved in the Rings did - 3 epics back-to-back over what, 5 years? Oh yeah, cos that's a walk in the park. Give the man some respect!