Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is anyone else concerned about this?

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    To be honest, to me it looks like the US is the aggressor. It's pretty obvious what country they're protecting themselves against, and it ain't Al Qaida terrorists. If I were Russia (and I wish I was), I'd be worried to.
    Of course you think that, you hate the United States. I wonder, would you love to live in a soviet hellhole devoid of freedom and rights? If so, please turn off your computer and stop expressing retarded opinions.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    Of course you think that, you hate the United States. I wonder, would you love to live in a soviet hellhole devoid of freedom and rights? If so, please turn off your computer and stop expressing retarded opinions.
    No I don't hate the US. Damnit, I just reduced your entire argument into cinders right there. I'm sorry, Khardis, it's not my fault you're such a Manifest Destiny dickhead.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    can we just steer this back to the topic of the thread without it being another thread closed due to flameing?

Administrator

England
    This was a 'nice' discussion before you stuck your awe in... Please calm down!

Why would WE want mutual destruction when we can assure personal safety and their destruction? Wanting mutual destruction is the most absurd and ridiculous thing anyone could want.Thats retarded.
    To try and answer your 'rant'...

The issue is that by deploying anti-missile system, it means possible development of more radical systems to overcome it. Let's imagine for example the only way the Soviets could overcome the 'shield' - and of course they have every right to do so - is to constantly have faster missiles on standby to reach targets ASAP, to try and get past the anti-missile system before it can get upto speed.

Is being 10 minutes closer to MAD safer?

Let's imagine they also know that if in a time of crisis, if they can launch without warning, they stand a better chance of getting past the shield, than if they wait...

It just risks making trigger figgers all the more itchy...

However, I can guarentee the shield will be over come by bigger powers who have a little techonolical know-how to throw at the problem...
    Last edited by Neil; 01-Jun-2007 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan