Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Videogame addiction!!! DUN-DUN-DUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yes but a lot of people, the majority being american and british, find its easier to find somethign to blame a childs problems on rather than actually doing some parenting that doesnt involve getting the kids hooke don rittalin or something when they dont need it, just take the sugar away, a short slap on the ear and yell "SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!".

sorry watching old school south park , didnt mrs. crabtree die?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    yes but a lot of people, the majority being american and british, find its easier to find somethign to blame a childs problems on rather than actually doing some parenting that doesnt involve getting the kids hooke don rittalin or something when they dont need it, just take the sugar away, a short slap on the ear and yell "SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!".

sorry watching old school south park , didnt mrs. crabtree die?
    I can't even argue with you on that one. It's sad but true. People lack the patience to engage in propper parenting> they just don't want to put the work in. We live in a "i want it yesterday world." Anything worth while takes time to develop and that includes a well adjusted child.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    We need to bring back smacking, I was hearing/reading something recently about there were plans to completely outlaw such things.

Excuse me, but there's a vast, yawning chasm between beating your child up and giving them a swift slap on the arse when they're being a bastard. It asserts authority, gets the kid to shut up, and it doesn't do them any harm. How do I know? Cos I got smacked when I was a little bastard at times, you knew you'd crossed a line when you got a smack, so you quickly shut the hell up and tow the correct line.

I think it's twisted that Pants On Fire and his useless gubment think they can parent better than normal people. I'm sure pulling down a 6 figure salary so you can buy them everything they demand comes in handy, as well as for hiring nannies.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    We need to bring back smacking, I was hearing/reading something recently about there were plans to completely outlaw such things.

Excuse me, but there's a vast, yawning chasm between beating your child up and giving them a swift slap on the arse when they're being a bastard. It asserts authority, gets the kid to shut up, and it doesn't do them any harm. How do I know? Cos I got smacked when I was a little bastard at times, you knew you'd crossed a line when you got a smack, so you quickly shut the hell up and tow the correct line.

I think it's twisted that Pants On Fire and his useless gubment think they can parent better than normal people. I'm sure pulling down a 6 figure salary so you can buy them everything they demand comes in handy, as well as for hiring nannies.
    Thers' definitely a big difference. Hitting a child is just one of the many tools at the disposal of a parent. As is the case with everything else people will abuse it and nowno one is allowed to hi their kids because child services will be at your house to look up your ass with a microscope. meanwhile your just trying to raise your kids. You can't hit kids today and the worst part is that they know it. That's why they all act like little bastards and are out of control.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Of course, "hit" is too strong a word. "Light smack" more like.

Hell, kids will get a stronger bosh from falling over as they usually do cos they're idiots running around looking anywhere but forward.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Of course, "hit" is too strong a word. "Light smack" more like.

Hell, kids will get a stronger bosh from falling over as they usually do cos they're idiots running around looking anywhere but forward.
    Tell me about it. I have a two year old who only has one gear, full speed ahead. lol. Also, when you don't have kids you tend to say,"well if that were my kid i'd beat his bottom." In reality i never even lay a hand on him even though he might deserve it. He's so cute i can't bring myself to do it. I'm telling ya man, everything changes when you become a dad. I'm not saying it's not hard but it's worth it in the long run.

Super Moderator

UK
    Right now a kid would be the last thing I'd want, one day maybe, but not for a very long time.

As for disciplining, right now I'd lay an arse slap down with a firmly pointed finger in their face with direct eye contact saying "oi! (name) NO!" and then return to normal. It worked wonders with me anyway.

That's just what I'm saying now.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Right now a kid would be the last thing I'd want, one day maybe, but not for a very long time.

As for disciplining, right now I'd lay an arse slap down with a firmly pointed finger in their face with direct eye contact saying "oi! (name) NO!" and then return to normal. It worked wonders with me anyway.

That's just what I'm saying now.
    trust me no matter what they do it's very difficult to look into your baby's eyes and still slap him in cold blood. I can't bring myself to do it.