Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bias in the workplace... ever seen any?

United States

Bias in the recording studio...

Bias in recording terms means the recording level of a instrument, so yes .

No I know what you mean I am being a smart arse...
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

United States
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Chasing Prey

Canada
    if theres any bias,its still color. how else do u explain me gettin stuck on register at kmart years back while others were trained for other shat i already knew? there were no non white department heads at all.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    if theres any bias,its still color. how else do u explain me gettin stuck on register at kmart years back while others were trained for other shat i already knew? there were no non white department heads at all.

Unfortunately racism, the original sin of this country, still exists and there will always be places and people that discriminate based on color. Regretably this is a prime example of why we still need affirmative action even though it's unconstitutional on it's face.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    its so true
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Unfortunately racism, the original sin of this country, still exists and there will always be places and people that discriminate based on color. Regretably this is a prime example of why we still need affirmative action even though it's unconstitutional on it's face.
    honestly..im black and affirmative action works like this. i've never been hired because of it and they only hire the craptastic minorities that'll quit to force the ruling to over turn AA to say it doesnt work. people still think the darker u are the worse of a person u are.............tell that to george bush who they freely keep electing hoping he'll change
    Last edited by acealive1; 29-Jun-2007 at 04:42 AM.

Dying

walking down the ho chi minh trail,vietnam.
    Undisclosed
    i had a fat guy come on to me where i used to work,he used to wiggle his tongue at me and call me ''sexy gavvy''!! when my nick name is gaz. once i went to the bog and he followed me, knocking on the door asking if i was alright!!
    hold it flyboy! dont go into the stairway,dont open that door baby you'll lead them right up with you!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    i had a fat guy come on to me where i used to work,he used to wiggle his tongue at me and call me ''sexy gavvy''!! when my nick name is gaz. once i went to the bog and he followed me, knocking on the door asking if i was alright!!
    More cushion for the pushin'!
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Canada
    I once worked in a bar, as a waiter and we had male stripper night.
    What an awkward night that was.
    Some of the women (no offense to the nice ladies here)
    were actually trying to undress me while I served them.
    Maybe it was the booze that flooded the place that night, but
    things were wild. Our owner thought it would be a good idea
    to have waiters working that night, when it was ladies night.
    Which I think was a wrong choice and she ignored everyone's
    input to her so called idea. Some people in the higher ranks
    just have no regard to the people in the threnches

In high school they had a system, that if one or a couple of the students
    in class were failing, they would take a couple of marks off of students who had high grades and give it to the ones who were close to flunking.
    Man, that use to peeve me right off.
    I'm not sure if they do that anymore, but it was so damn unfair.
    We worked hard for those marks, why should we hand them over
    to students who obviously put no afforts forth to passing in
    the first place
    Last edited by RustyHicks; 01-Jul-2007 at 07:49 PM. Reason: added more

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post

eww......

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    I once worked in a bar, as a waiter and we had male stripper night.
    What an awkward night that was.
    Some of the women (no offense to the nice ladies here)
    were actually trying to undress me while I served them.
    Maybe it was the booze that flooded the place that night, but
    things were wild. Our owner thought it would be a good idea
    to have waiters working that night, when it was ladies night.
    Which I think was a wrong choice and she ignored everyone's
    input to her so called idea. Some people in the higher ranks
    just have no regard to the people in the threnches

In high school they had a system, that if one or a couple of the students
    in class were failing, they would take a couple of marks off of students who had high grades and give it to the ones who were close to flunking.
    Man, that use to peeve me right off.
    I'm not sure if they do that anymore, but it was so damn unfair.
    We worked hard for those marks, why should we hand them over
    to students who obviously put no afforts forth to passing in
    the first place
    What kinda effed up school policy was that? I woulda sued or something you're messing with my future right there boy!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    What kinda effed up school policy was that? I woulda sued or something you're messing with my future right there boy!
    Its called grading on a curve. A certain amount will pass and a certainamount will fail. Some get brought up into passing, but others lose points. Thats usulally done when a teacher does a ****ty job of teaching and doesnt want to look bad
    But the teacher says something like
    "You kids are mostly dumb, so I will grade on a curve so 80% of you arent failing"
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    LOL, I'm white an I work for a tribe of american indians. The can legally discriminate the white guys. And they do.

United States
    ahhh so thats the famed grading on a curve I hear so much about... never had the pleasure of experiencing that personally... If I had to I would've killed everyone I worked damn hard to outscore my classmates

Canada
    I find it at my place of work. It basically has to do with whoever the managers like, get the most hours and preferencial treatment (ie, they don't get the **** jobs).

I can do the exact same thing as him, down to the last detail, and he gets lauded for being a hard worker. I also got hired a week before him, so i have senoirity over the guy (only a week, but i do have it) so it's bulls*it, and has made me wanna quit out of disgust.