Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reservoir Dogs

United States
    Its one of my favorite movies I almost never got to see... it was just some random movie at the used record and movie store that looked good and ended up being fantabulous.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    yeah, we call that the i-pod over here.
    That's like a wmd. You can launch it from a safe distance and watch the chaos that ensues.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

capncnut
    Love all of Quentin's films. Jackie Brown and Kill Bill are my faves.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ugh, there my least favourite ones, i cannot watch em but hey more power to ya if you love em.

Super Moderator

UK
    I can't be doing with Jackie Brown, as someone said at some point in time somewhere, perhaps a film magazine or a count down show...he already made the perfect crime film with Pulp Fiction - why do another that's always going to be inferior?

I didn't like JB at all, some moments, but just...ugh.

RD, PF and Kill Bill - those rocked my cock. And I totally dug Death Proof as well...it's not his best by far, but when it's hot it's freaking flaming.

Apparently he IS doing Inglorious Bastards next...although how he'd get that title past advertising and pissy parent groups I've no idea!

If only he hadn't shelved that Vega Brothers film idea, that would have been awesome.

United States
    I love the scene in Foxy Brown where DeNiro shoots Brigit Fonda... I saw it coming but I didn't see it coming y'know? It all happened so fast... it rocked.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I didn't like JB at all, some moments, but just...ugh.
    Jackie Brown has one of the most intricate scripts out there, how people can prefer Pulp Fiction over it is absolutely unfathomable. Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction were just a phase. I saw 'em both at the cinema on release and yes, I loved them but Jackie Brown is a whole lot more to me.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    pulp just seems to ooze cool from the bladdy' dvd case, its wittily writen, has a damn near perfect pacing, which is a rare thing in a film for the pacing to be spot -the ****- on, and the acting was poifec', total classic, not just the cult kind, but in the general cinematic kind of way.

Super Moderator

UK
    Damn straight hellsing, Pulp Fiction is a cinematic footnote, a milestone, a screenshot on the cover of a book about 20th century cinema.

Heck yes, the pacing was great. I recently sat down to watch it for the umpteenth time (hadn't seen it in a good while though, at that stage) and sat there and watched the entire movie in one sitting...which is something I do quite rarely these days...well, for movies I've already seen at least once I mean.

Had a similar experience with Boogie Nights which I re-watched last weekend, inspired by the article on it in Total Film this month. Another perfectly paced film, it just bounds along and it's over 2 hours long - a good script being the key to keeping this sort of pace.

Canada
    Pulp fiction is one of the great ones,
    I enoyed it and like others have said, the pacing
    is done so well, you hardly realize the time that
    has gone by while watching it.
    I have yet to see Kill Bill, but
    I shall get around to it.

United States
    I liked Jackie Brown exactly because it WASN'T like the other 2 films. It felt like the book and I liked the laconic pacing.

Kill Bill was like a self parody and very boring, imo
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    man i hated slither but sat through it to the end, as i did with ,ugh, vampires vs zombies, but kill bill is the ONLY film ive paid to see and gone to my freinds (who i whent to the cinema with), "sorry guys this sucks ill meet you outside when its done" and then gone to ottakers to read a stephen king novel
    its just an overindulgent piece of crap, its like wil ferrels anchour man, a load of over the top , poorely connected events just there becuase they were cool, difference was anchourman was a comedy that didnt take itself seriously, adn therefore got away with it, kill bill on the other hand...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Pulp fiction is classic. Although forrest gump is a great film i still can't fathom how it beat out pulp fiction for best film that year. I just can't get over that one.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i dunno gump was a damn fine film with a wider traget audience so maybe thats why, still love em both though.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Pulp fiction is classic. Although forrest gump is a great film i still can't fathom how it beat out pulp fiction for best film that year. I just can't get over that one.
    Do any violent films get oscars? Lord of the RIngs was fantasy but what about crime?
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers