Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I cant belive its been 12 years

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well, he may not have been one of the leading forces behind the band, but as a bassist, I can say that he has made some very original, unique, and inspiring bass lines.

But no, his solo stuff was never the same as The Beatles....

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    Well, he may not have been one of the leading forces behind the band, but as a bassist, I can say that he has made some very original, unique, and inspiring bass lines.

But no, his solo stuff was never the same as The Beatles....

I tend to think that his lack of any real body of "good" work outside of the Beatles is indicative of the fact the other members "carried" him while he was with the group.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501
    I tend to think that his lack of any real body of "good" work outside of the Beatles is indicative of the fact the other members "carried" him while he was with the group.
    I can agree with that on certain levels. In a way that does seem true, but to me(as well as others, i'm sure), it wouldn't have been the same with another bassist.

I think about the only song I enjoy from McCartney's solo stuff is "Live & Let Die".

Speaking of Paul, the other day he was doing an interview at a local radio station and he was asked to pick his favorite Beatles song. Well, the exchange went like this:

DJ: "What would be your favorite song you made with The Beatles?"
    Paul: "They're like your children, ya know? You can't really choose a favorite"
    DJ: "Then why did you sell your children to Micheal Jackson?"
    Paul: "Micheal likes children."
    Last edited by bassman; 07-Apr-2006 at 08:37 PM.