Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back in the paintball field at the weekend was he?

Super Moderator

UK
    You know what would also make a pretty cool video, although maybe a tad less good, would be a Lazer Quest/Quazar video. Rock music blaring, that weird glow-in-the-dark paint stuff from the 70s, people looking like they're extras in Aliens - ah mate, that too would be awesome...although you'd have a problem with the lazers...perhaps you'd have to CGI those in.

I've been to Quazar/Lazer Quest a few times before as well, the guns are annoying most of the time as they're difficult to figure out, and it's fiddly as buggery to get a shot to hit, but the atmosphere is great.

England
    Actually the same site is starting lazer tag as well as paintball soon which is similar but without the pain of being stung when you take a hit (for girly boy office/stag parties i presume ) its far superior to lazer quest though as its outdoor & the guns look more like the real thing with quite a range on them!i think the health & safety brigade are eventually hoping to replace paintball with this it is supposed to be fun but i'd still much rather play with real projectiles!

Super Moderator

UK
    Oh hell yeah, Lazer Quest 2, eh?

It's a fun game, but paintball can't be beat, for the sheer realism of it all, the added danger element of the flying paint.

As long as you keep your mask on, and don't "do a PJ" you're fine. Also, you don't have exploding paint all around you with lazers, and it's surely going to be really hard to get a hit? Is that it, that daft sensor on the chap's head?

Besides, getting nailed by a paintball doesn't hurt that much, it's just like being flicked by someone up close really hard. The pain vanishes in seconds and at most you get a temporary welt that doesn't hurt or itch or anything.

Hell, I got absolutely rinsed all up my back on the left side - to the extent that the referee was well impressed - and it just hurt for about a minute, not even that really.

Anybody who says it does hurt is either a "girly man" () or has never played it and just heard from "a mate or something".

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

Anybody who says it does hurt is either a "girly man" ()
    classic Schwarzenegger phrase

But yeah,most people who refuse to do paintball have been told that it really hurts by someone else & its scared them off for life,when really its just like being flicked with a laggy band,unless you get hit in a sensitive area where it hurts a little more but still not for longer than a minute!

Super Moderator

UK
    unless you get hit in a sensitive area
    Which is why I doubled up my undercrackers when I played ... as well as not waving my nut sack around arrogantly in front of the enemy.

Undisclosed
    Bleh its a very weird world..The guy in that picture with the laser rifle is a buddy of mine who is a marshall at a nearby laser quaser! Couple vids on youtube of him taking down another team as a sniper.

Paintball is hella fun, it sucks Ive been to busy to play in over a year now and its so far the only sport that Im slightly good at. I was wanting to join a team but transport and fees and so on, sadly not with a job a girlfriend and college.

If you fancy comin down south MZ then you could get the laser tag one filmed pretty easily, the lasertag site is pretty big from what Ive been told with alot of heavily wooded areas and forts. Besides ollie is always handing out free discount leaflets to everyone.The weapons have a something like 100m range and theyre currently building some new ones...Sidearms. Laser tag was great for when youre young but I found it getting less fun when you get older not to mention people gettin violent. Bah, its no fun to be hiding in cover and wondering why youre gun is constantly shaking for ten minutes.
    Why arent you laughing?