Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Bring to the Table?

United States
    We would have to be "savages".

There would be no time for doing anything other than burning the bodies where they lie. Any - any - lingering around destroyed zombies is suicidal. Where there's one, more are sure to follow.

By the same token, the aforementioned "desecration/humiliation" of zombies would also be suicidal. These things are deadly. They have to be terminated, then have as much distance put between us and them as possible.

I don't think anyone here would be dumb enough to risk their life for a chance to hit a zombie with a pie.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    On this issue of respect for zombies, I can kind of grok this in the sense that while it might be necessary to kill a zombie for our own self preservation, there would be no need to desecrate their bodies. So shoot them in the head, beat them, burn them, what have you- but don't throw pies in their face, squirt them with seltzer, tie them up and paint moustaces on thier faces, use them for target practice, taunt them and make them smell your farts, etc.

OK, maybe I am being funny, but on a serious note there is a certain amount of respect for the dead that a society must have. (It is one thing, for example, to be a soldier and have to shoot the enemy, but another thing all together to then mutilate and desecrate the enemy's remains) There was a quote, from who I cannot remember, but it said something to the effect of "show me how you care for your dead and I will know how you live as a society"

So maybe treating the zombies with whatever respect that they are due would be the only thing that would separate us on a moral level from savages.

Graciously spoken like a true gentleman and member of the Corp.

Your patriotism humbles me. Thanks again!

Ha, make a zombie smell your farts, funny sh*t!

Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    We would have to be "savages".

There would be no time for doing anything other than burning the bodies where they lie. Any - any - lingering around destroyed zombies is suicidal. Where there's one, more are sure to follow.

By the same token, the aforementioned "desecration/humiliation" of zombies would also be suicidal. These things are deadly. They have to be terminated, then have as much distance put between us and them as possible.

I don't think anyone here would be dumb enough to risk their life for a chance to hit a zombie with a pie.

While no one here would be dumb enough, I have no doubt that some people would risk their lives in order to do whatever came to mind. Rape the undead, stick firecrackers up their ass, bum fighting, etc. Anything your mind can come up with, some sick bastard some where in the world would try it just for sh*ts and giggles.
    Last edited by jim102016; 22-Sep-2007 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Norway
    I think we all are on the same page about respect for the dead.
    Land of the dead and Shaun of the dead showed how some could treat the dead in a less than respectfull fasion.
    "Kaufman voice" Humans man... Freaks me out.

England

What Do You Bring to the Table?

The will to survive at all costs, and a ruthless streak that would come in handy from time to time.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Don't know about needing a cameraman.

But the equipment skills could come in handy for things like, say, setting up some kind of surveillance/alarm system when/if our little group manages to find a "stronghold".

Also, if those skills carry over into different kinds of electronics, they could be a huge help in setting up some kind of communications system, to try to contact other survivors.

.....we still need someone who can repair vehicles...and a medic!
    And they do. I pride myself on electronic skills in general. Whether it's cameras, audio, transmission, hard-lined systems, etc.
    "[Our] object is to secure self government by the republicanism
    of our constitution, as well as by the spirit of the people; and
    to nourish and perpetuate that spirit. I am not among those who
    fear the people. They and not the rich are our dependence for
    continued freedom." --Thomas Jefferson to Samuel Kercheval, 1816.

Undisclosed
    New to the Forum...but I have been lurking.

I am an avid hunter both bow and gun...I own several firearms, from 1911 to S&W460 in handgun, and from 17hmr to 308 Win in Rifle. Several Shot guns (4) and a muzzle loader...a little slow in a large attacks. I live on acreage in SO IL and my property is fenced all the way around with 6 foot chain and barbwire on top. There is a tower in my home that gives visibility to the whole property. So I bring the weapons, the place and some ability. However I hope it never comes to this.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    However I hope it never comes to this.
    dude, are you kiddin? most of us are praying for this

United States
    I would be good for a few things.

I am good at fixing mechanical things. Even if I don't know how something mechanical works, I can usually look at it, figure it out and fix it. I can not, however, fix electronics.

I have the ability to make people laugh. By far I am no comedian, but I can make people laugh and laughing reduces stress, so that would be handy in a prolonged outbreak situation.

I am a decent shot.

I can handle a bladed weapon pretty well.

I am fast and very good at moving through things quiet. I would be a good scout.

My downfalls:

If I don't get enough sleep over a couple of days I become a bear, I snap at people for no reason and can be very mean. This could become a problem if on the run from zeds for a while, but I think I would be able to alleviate some of this anger while taking out some zombies.

I am near sighted so if my glasses were to break or get lost I wouldn't be good for guard duty or as a lookout.

So I am sure there are more things that I am good or bad at, but its 2:30 am and I am really tired so thats all you get for now.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Resume:

CPR Certified First Aid and AED Responder (So if you have a heart attack I am the guy you need)

Computer Savy... In case we are able to re-establish communitcation I can build PC's from the ground up with the required parts.

Weaponry - I am an OK shot, not the greatest, but I would do my best.

Med Man - I have a nice supply of Pain Killers and Muscle Relaxers.... making those nights of isolation that much more easier to get through.

Driving Ability - I know how to handle Stick Shift cars and am able to drive aggressively without error when called for.

CONS:

I am short tempered - Piss me off and I may blow your f**king head off out of spite or when you're not expecting it... push you off the roof into the arms of 100 zombies waiting for breakfast.

Have strong convictions and Opinions - I don't just go with the flow. Some people do things half assed... I am more the type who wants to make sure my ass is safe.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Twitching

United States
    Strengths:
    Proficient in use and maintenance of pistols, rifles and shotguns.
    Brown belt in ****o-Ryu (useful for settling internal quarrels non-fatally or getting a zombie off of someone without being bitten myself. They can feel no pain fine, but leverage is still leverage)

Basic to moderate Hunting/Fishing skills. Including knowledge of basic snares and how to improvise fishing gear.

Hobbyist level knowledge of traps and simple homemade explosives and chemical weapons of the "whatever you have under the sink variety" Ie: I know how pungee (sp?) sticks work and can improve on the design.

(Sounds silly) Longtime tabletop wargamer, hobbyist/amateur level knowledge of tactics/strategy. Classical and contemporary.

Utterly ruthless. Not something I'm proud of but I've been in the tough situation of leaving someone behind to be harmed when I couldn't help them by staying. I didn't hesitate either time. Also as positive as I can be without being thrust into the situation that I could murder an infected group member and still sleep soundly. Could steal supplies from those who needed them for myself and those I've made a commitment to and sleep soundly. Again, not something I'd brag about but in a survival situation I suppose you could call it a "strength".

Can operate most small boats (think bass-boat size), as well as an airboat.

Excellent, (to the point my optometrist classifies it as a minor mutation) nightvision. Corresponding photosensitivity to extremely bright glare. (Give you an idea, I could do headshots on a night with a crescent moon and no artificial light sources at 30-40 yards)

Nocturnal by nature. I get a second wind of energy a little after sunset. Working with others I'd make an excellent "night watchman"

Weaknesses:
    Astigmatic vision (moderate). My shooting past 10 yards would go to **** without my glasses, but I'm in the habit of keeping all my old sets. Unlikely I'd be without a pair, even if it was a pair that gave me eyestrain headaches (if I had to resort to a pair from 3-4 scrip changes ago)

Serious back trouble. Doesn't really impair my mobility per se, but I cant run ten miles at one go, nor remain in a cramped position motionless a long time then burst into full-speed motion. Seriously limited amount of carrying-capacity, unless I had access to a high quality pack which distributed the weight very well. Suffer from severe chronic pain.

Can't drive stick or large diesel vehicles.

Can be very abrasive when under serious stress & in more than usual amount of pain (for me).

Can't sustain constant shooting with a heavy recoil rifle/shotgun for very long periods of time. (Fine for your average firefight, but couldnt stand on a roof popping 200 zombies at a time then be in a condition to fight if there was a breach)

Deep sleeper.

Undisclosed
    i work in a garage and have ten years mechanical experience, so i can get pretty much anything with an engine to purr like a pussycat.... so am i in ?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by fartpants View Post
    i work in a garage and have ten years mechanical experience, so i can get pretty much anything with an engine to purr like a pussycat.... so am i in ?
    Mechanical experience, especially with automobiles, is always a benefit in a survival situation, it would seem to me. Being able to hotwire a car, for example, or salvaging parts off of breakdowns to keep your own team moving should come in quite handy. Mechanics also tend to be problem solvers, so they would have the potential to repair things that are outside the realm of the auto service center as well as improvising solutions to whatever issue may come up.

Then again, I have known mechanics that are so wired up on crank, or so incredibly uncooperative or foolhardy that in spite of their valuable knowledge and skills they still wouldn't be of much use to anyone else in a survival scenario and may in fact turn out to be a liability. This, of course, goes without saying for anyone and everyone, not just mechanics.

As long as you are a cooperative team player and not a psycho, your background and skills would surely be a great asset to any team lucky enough to have had you join.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 02-Oct-2007 at 01:07 AM. Reason: grammar is my achilles heel
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    I bring my utter paranoia and stunning willpower to NOT EVER become a zombie! I am not the kind of person to leave someone for dead but I won't risk peoples lives for one person either. I am loyal and understand full well that TEAMWORK IS A MUST FOR SURVIVAL!
    Also, my rugged good looks and boyish charm.

Undisclosed

Wow...Sooo worthless....

Ive never fired a gun.

I cant do anything Mechanical or construction/plumming/electrical.

I cant drive a stick.

I have a 3-year-old son to care for.

Ive never farmed, herded, fished or hunted.

I dont know any area outside of 15 miles from where I grew up. and most areas I know well are within walking distance.

I have no combat/martial arts training.

I get sea sick so I cant go on boats.

I am afraid of heights...panic if climing a ladder or just being up high.

I dont know much about computers (I took math courses behind algorythms but dont know much besides that)

I dont know any other language besides English and the spanish almost everyone else knows.

Im lazy.

So...anyone wanna pick me on thier team?

United States
    How do you stay alive in the real world?

Everyone has some useful talent. Any hobbies? Like to look at maps every day, or something? Anything like that, no matter how worthless it might seem, can be very useful.