Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: i watched it!!!!

Undisclosed
    If you guys remember, he had a similar line in his original Resident Evil script.

One of the characters said something like "Man this is just like Night of the Living Dead" or something like that....
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbfanintn View Post
    If you guys remember, he had a similar line in his original Resident Evil script.

One of the characters said something like "Man this is just like Night of the Living Dead" or something like that....
    Yeah...you're right.

And I don't understand why everyone is downing it when they all like "Return of the Living Dead". Remember the friggin 20 minutes of dialogue about Night?

ugh....that movie still makes me want to vomit when I think of it...

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    According to other folks who have seen it, there is. I've not seen the movie so I'll have to wait and see for myself.

Ah, found the source.

Either they are bulls**ting or Romero removed it after TIFF.
    thereīs not that kind of phrase.i think the reviewer is refering to the lack of subtle of the characters or something like that.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    I have to say Hopper's "Zombies, man, they creep me out" -- as he picked his nose -- has to be the worst line in the series.
    If that line was in Diary, I'm glad it was removed. I just hope these young, inexperienced actors don't make it seem like a Friday the 13th pic.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    i donīt think that line was on the movie.the movie that was proyected was the very first cut of the movie.i donīt find the whole narrator thing annoying.i like it.but thereīs one or two very cheessy moments that could be included into the worst of the series.

Undisclosed
    That line was not in the movie.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    According to other folks who have seen it, there is. I've not seen the movie so I'll have to wait and see for myself.

Either they are bulls**ting or Romero removed it after TIFF.
    That line from the AICN reviewer, Quint, is a figure of speech. It was not meant to be taken as though it literally appears in the film.

Spain
    This phrase DOES NOT appear in the film. SirJackTorrance knows better than most of us, since he's watched the movie 3 times. I've watched it twice, and I can assure you, guys, that they make references to "slow-moving" vs. "fast-moving" zombies, but they never mention Romero movies at all. End of this issue, please.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    OH! hereīs come another lucky bastard like me!!give us your review!!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    That line from the AICN reviewer, Quint, is a figure of speech. It was not meant to be taken as though it literally appears in the film.
    Well, I'm glad it's been cleared up 'cos I was stressing about it.

United States
    I just have to say on th whole "dont get your hopes up to much" thing
    is realy got nothing to do with romero.
    he never expected night to be a huge success. and he didnt realise dawn would be so huge either, seeing he made it without concern for standard hollywood rules.
    with dawn , nobody released a low budget x rated horror movie that wouldnt even been shown in most places and expect success. But he hit gold cuz the film was exactly what horror movie fans needed.
    now the point, i remember when day came out. people hated it.
    it was considered to be the worst thing he could have ever done. now a lot of people consier it the best of the 3.
    land had its faults cuz he caved into do the movie the studio wanted
    instead of refusing to like he did with day.
    In time i feel that land will be more appreciated

but you cant go to diary expecting that evrytime he gets behind
    a camera he is gona make a life changing movie. if you like his work
    go see it and take it as it is. if you are expecting him to be some kind of god and he has to provide you with the most thrilling thing ever--stay home

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    I just have to say on th whole "dont get your hopes up to much" thing
    is realy got nothing to do with romero.
    he never expected night to be a huge success. and he didnt realise dawn would be so huge either, seeing he made it without concern for standard hollywood rules.
    with dawn , nobody released a low budget x rated horror movie that wouldnt even been shown in most places and expect success. But he hit gold cuz the film was exactly what horror movie fans needed.
    now the point, i remember when day came out. people hated it.
    it was considered to be the worst thing he could have ever done. now a lot of people consier it the best of the 3.
    land had its faults cuz he caved into do the movie the studio wanted
    instead of refusing to like he did with day.
    In time i feel that land will be more appreciated

but you cant go to diary expecting that evrytime he gets behind
    a camera he is gona make a life changing movie. if you like his work
    go see it and take it as it is. if you are expecting him to be some kind of god and he has to provide you with the most thrilling thing ever--stay home

I would like to take this opportunity to shake your hand, sir. True dat....true dat.

Undisclosed
    Sounds good.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    I have to agree as well. Although I always liked Day, I have developed more of an appreciation for it with time. I still rate it the third-best of the original three. I hope that Land will grow on me too, but it faces an uphill battle.
    The thing is, many of us were kids when we saw Night, Dawn, and Day for the first time. As adults, we have a higher level of expectations and a more critical point of view. Odds are, nothing will ever please us like those movies did so long ago.
    The Dead series and Star Wars were my favorite as a kid, and subsequently as an adult. Just like none of the prequels could have the personal impact as Star Wars and Empire, nothing Romero puts out now will. But with so much crap out there today, I always hope for the best.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by sirjacktorrance View Post
    I love the movie.itīs different to land but it has some of the same problems.the cgi itīs good but innecesary and i prefer natural headshots to this.anyway the movie is very good.not great but very good.itīs a ride.i prefer Land but the movie itīs very diferent.some land haters maybe love this one.i love it anyway.i watch it three times at sitges festival.the movie has no climax.but the end itīs very good and it works.some of the acting is bad and some lines camp.but the scrip is full of clever lines and good stuff.the movie itīs like a romero antology.thereīs a bunch of moments of the other movies.and shots that remins me LAND a lodonīt go with high espectations.enjoy the movie for what it is,a letter to the romero true fans.if you like romero poetry you will like it but if you are searching for an action zombie movie full of gore and zombies forget it.this movie is little and far from perfect but itīs a movie that only romero knows to do.itīs another worth entry that leaves you wanting another episode!!itīs not better than day,itīs far from day.but itīs another good zombie movie from the man who create the genre.

i saw it at midnight maddness and loved it