Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UK Trilogy of the dead owners

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    and what if its not 2 or 3 people but a whole batch?
    Right, just had an examination of the text that you find marked around the inside centre hole and both discs (Trilogy and BMG versions) have exactly the same markings. It's seems possible they are ordered from BMG and the new outer picture is just applied to the disc. This leads me to believe that some left the plant without the correct 'stamp' so to speak. I could be wrong but that's what it seems like to me.

Whether this makes them more collectable or not I'm not sure because anyone could just slot a BMG disc in there and claim it to be the real thing. Even if 100 people had the silver discs, it could just be pure sloppiness and given the fact that they made the infamous cover error, it hardly seems surprising. Unless Anchor Bay have catalogued every single copy that has left the factory (I'm not up on these things so I really don't know) and can verify their existence, by number or whatever, then... <shrugs>

Anchor Bay have a lot to explain with this one all round.
    Last edited by capncnut; 14-Oct-2007 at 08:39 PM.

Administrator

England
    my 4 disks are numbered, but unfortunatly the silver disk is numbered differently to the other 3.

As for collectable i dont know becuase like you guys say, any idiot can just get a BMG version and stick it in and i doubt there is a way to prove otherwise.

I Do honestly feel so robbed, without the silver disk the box with the misprint is a collectable now, so guys who own them, hang on to them.

capncnut
    Go to GameStation. I went in there about a year ago and saw three GAR Trilogy box sets in a row.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    mines got all 4 discs making up the picture on the inner box art behind it, dont know abotu the picture glitch on the back though, i havent checked in a while, ill give it a look later.

United Kingdom
    It seems that the 'Director's Cut' comes with the Trilogy of the Dead anyway. I own the 'Director's Cut' version which is the disc you own. It seems that the only difference is the print on the disc because both versions seem to be exactly the same with the Savini commentary.

You've got red on you...

Super Moderator

UK
    Now by "director's cut" you mean the mis-labeled Director's Cut yeah?

In the UK it was called the dir cut but it was actually the extended "Cannes Cut". GAR still considers the theatrical version his director's cut...god I'm such a nerd. I've still got the SFX magazine interview article with GAR when Dawn: Extended ("Dir Cut") where GAR himself said that very stuff.

United Kingdom
    Yeah I mean the mis-labeled one, hence the apostrophes I was looking at the German version for a while then realised I can't speak German.

You've got red on you...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    mines got all 4 discs making up the picture on the inner box art behind it, dont know abotu the picture glitch on the back though, i havent checked in a while, ill give it a look later.
    i looked it up out of my almost power of greyskull sized collection, and yes ive got the one with the missprint, shame i bought it from pc world in bad condition or this would be a decent collectors item.
    but eyah it shows logan over a corpse for dawn and flyboy zombie stepping out the elevator for day.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i looked it up out of my almost power of greyskull sized collection, and yes ive got the one with the missprint, shame i bought it from pc world in bad condition or this would be a decent collectors item.
    but eyah it shows logan over a corpse for dawn and flyboy zombie stepping out the elevator for day.
    Also it has the censored director's cut of Dawn (which was later rectified along with the missprint) so yeah, it might be a collectors item in years to come.

Super Moderator

UK
    Censored extended edition you mean? In the UK the extended version was called the director's cut, but GAR said that his director's cut is the US theatrical cut.

Indeed, I've got it on video and it's cut by 6 seconds, but my Ultimate Edition DVD is uncut, bitch.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Censored extended edition you mean? In the UK the extended version was called the director's cut, but GAR said that his director's cut is the US theatrical cut.

Indeed, I've got it on video and it's cut by 6 seconds, but my Ultimate Edition DVD is uncut, bitch.
    i own the trilogy cut, with 6 seconds missing, a seperate dawn DVD with the same commentry but the 6 seconds back in, another dawn DVD with cast+crew+GAR commentry, another dawn DVD which is the european cut and ive just ordered the ultimate edition boxset too (it has some features i havn't seen).

Oh yeah, i also own 2 seperate rare 156min cuts, one in german and one in english.

I Also own the original 1979 novelisation.

Beat that for a dawn collection

capncnut
    Yeah I got about 5 different Dawn discs and I have the 'Extuhndud' version uncut.

I would own that Trilogy box but I have all the solo discs and they have exactly what the Trilogy box has on 'em. Plus I have The Dead Will Walk on another Dawn disc and Document of the Dead as it's own solo disc. What I'm trying to say is that I'm not coughing up a score for a fancy box and Ken Foree walking around Monroeville Mall for 10 mins.

Oh and as I got Creepshow today, I found a BITCHIN' Martin 2 discer that is different to the recent re-release. Thanks for (not) telling me about it.

Super Moderator

UK
    Got a link to this new 2 disc of Martin?

I take it it isn't the one with about 300mb of data on the second disc?

capncnut
    I take it it isn't the one with about 300mb of data on the second disc?
    No I do believe it's the same one: has commentary, 30 minute documentary, notes, trailers, foreign trailers, tv spots, bios, galleries, whatnot (which I didn't bother with in the first place). This one however, has a different 'bumpy' cover with Amplas on the front instead of that s**ty red cover one. Probably one of those HMV 'special' type things but for £7.99, I'm happy as Larry.

Oh and the new 2 disc Creepshow package is proper s**t hot mate.

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm definitely gonna have to 'double up' and get that Creepshow doovde when it's cheaper, already got it on region 1 you see.